Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

Uhmmm actually a rifle like that shoots closer to 700ft per second, but only if you pump it ten times.

I said a rifle like that. I guess you could classify a BB gun as a rifle ....but it's kinda like calling a Matchbox a car.
Well yeah but most rifles are not made out of cheap plastic, nor do they shoot .177 caliber bbs and pelets.

Whats that have to do with anything?
You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle no?

Only in the looks department. And besides,plastic is used extensively in rifles these days...true story.
Really? That sucks. Why would anyone want a plastic rifle?

I said a rifle like that. I guess you could classify a BB gun as a rifle ....but it's kinda like calling a Matchbox a car.
Well yeah but most rifles are not made out of cheap plastic, nor do they shoot .177 caliber bbs and pelets.

You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle no?[/QUOTE
Only in the looks department. And besides,plastic is used extensively in rifles these days...true story.

So the M16 is a piece of crap?
They make bushmaster ARs out of plasitc,Glocks and many others. But you knew that.

M16/M4 is plastic, true story

only if you fire first. Give a warning, give time to comply and THEN possibly fire.

"Freeze! Drop the weapon!"

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

If the suspect is ~3300 feet away, and the rounds you fire travel at ~3000 feet per second (typical load of an M4/M16) the warning will reach their ear almost at the same moment the bullets do even if you waited 3 seconds for compliance. :)

If the suspect doesn't act aggressive there is no rush.

This cop used poor judgement, at the very minimum.

I've seen stand offs last hours without anyone getting shot.

Is a gun pointed at you an aggressive act?

Or would you wait until the trigger is pulled?

The gun was never pointed at ANYONE after the police arrived. Sorry, I defend LEOs , when they desere defending. This one doesnt.

Did you see a different video than I?

Did you not hear the witness that called 911 that he was pointing it at people?

Are you both blind and deaf?

No, I'm a retired career MP.

Now listen sonny. The cops aren't empowered to execute people for what they allegedly did before they even arrived on scene. They ARE empowered to kill the guy in defense of others or themselves, but NO ONE was in danger when this cop shot that kid. And that is even assuming the gun was real rather than a BB gun.

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

If the suspect is ~3300 feet away, and the rounds you fire travel at ~3000 feet per second (typical load of an M4/M16) the warning will reach their ear almost at the same moment the bullets do even if you waited 3 seconds for compliance. :)

The gun was never pointed at ANYONE after the police arrived. Sorry, I defend LEOs , when they desere defending. This one doesnt.

The 911 caller lied. The actual video shows him alone, talking on the phone and pointing it at the floor.

Be truthful

There is quite a bit of time when he the kid wasn't on video, and it IS possible he was pointing that gun at people at that time.

However, that is irrelevant, the method for dealing with that is arresting the kid and letting him have his day in court, not killing him on the spot.

I wouldn't doubt that he DID at some point point that BB gun at someone, and if at THAT time someone had busted a cap in his ass, too bad so sad, but after the fact and after the danger has passed is a different matter.

Imagine a different scenario.

Imagine I walk upon a woman being beaten by her husband and I kick the shit out of the guy . I'm defending the woman,yes?

Now , imagine instead I walk upon a woman being beaten by a guy and I wait until the guy is done and follow him home and kick the shit out of him. Is that still me legally defending the woman? Nope.

So, making the claim that he never pointed the gun at anyone is stupid and unnecessary and will probably backfire when it gets proven that yes he in fact DID point the gun at people.

only if you fire first. Give a warning, give time to comply and THEN possibly fire.

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

Agreed ... you hear the initial report that it was a clean shoot, that the bad guy would not put the gun down. Then you watch the video... and well it does not match the story at all.

It was a clean shoot. Period.

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

Agreed ... you hear the initial report that it was a clean shoot, that the bad guy would not put the gun down. Then you watch the video... and well it does not match the story at all.

Describe for me please a scenario which describes a bad shoot in your opinion...

You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle, and you want me to tell you what your comparison has to do with?

Would you rather compare it to a pistol?
Why that young man wasn't brandishing a pistol was he?

No he had a rifle that just happened to shoot BB's.

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

The 911 caller lied. The actual video shows him alone, talking on the phone and pointing it at the floor.

How close were you to the guy?

You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle, and you want me to tell you what your comparison has to do with?

Would you rather compare it to a pistol?
Why that young man wasn't brandishing a pistol was he?

No he had a rifle that just happened to shoot BB's.

He had a BB assault weapon :rofl:

But again, irrelevant.Even if he had a SAW249 with a 500 round drum attached at the time that he was shot he was no threat.

You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle no?[/QUOTE

So the M16 is a piece of crap?
They make bushmaster ARs out of plasitc,Glocks and many others. But you knew that.
You are confusing high quality composite plastics and polymer materials with vacuum formed toy plastic for toy guns.

Describe for me please a scenario which describes a bad shoot in your opinion...

There are many scenarios that one could make up to describe a bad shoot. I'd rather stick to actual events.

sort of... checking the wiki:
The M16 is a lightweight, 5.56 mm, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed assault rifle, with arotating bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation. The rifle is made of steel, 7075 aluminum alloy, composite plastics and polymer materials.

Original M16 stocks were made from fiberglass-impregnated resin; the newer stocks were engineered from DuPont Zytel glass-filled thermoset polymers.

Not sure if I would call a glass-filled thermoset polymer a plastic.. :) But ok...

Reminds me of the time someone picked on my "plastic" corvette. Not all plastics are equal.

The M16 is a lightweight, 5.56 mm, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed assault rifle, with arotating bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation. The rifle is made of steel, 7075 aluminum alloy, composite plastics and polymer materials.

Original M16 stocks were made from fiberglass-impregnated resin; the newer stocks were engineered from DuPont Zytel glass-filled thermoset polymers.

Not sure if I would call a glass-filled thermoset polymer a plastic.. :) But ok...

Reminds me of the time someone picked on my "plastic" corvette. Not all plastics are equal.

Of course they arent , but from 20 feet away, I bet you can't tell the difference between the two plastics.

And if the suspect had had a real weapon and shot someone the cop'd be crucified for not having fired.
That is immaterial as it wasn't a real weapon, no one was anywhere near the guy, and he was on the phone.

Being on the phone is irrelevant as well. Or do you think people can't fire a weapon while on the phone?
One hand shooting an assault rifle? Sounds like a rambo movie :)

Zero accuracy but if you're just a loon going on a rampage, you aren't concerned about that.

Zero? Would you bet your life on it?

Yes I would have bet my life that guy was no threat. Have you ever been held at gunpoint, stared down the barrel & looked the person in the eye who was going to pull the trigger?

I doubt it!

But I have many times & have had someone pull the trigger. There was no doubt Crawford was zero threat. Those cops are a danger to the public & should be fired & jailed along with that asshole who called & lied to 911. Not only did they shoot the innocent Crawford in the back while he was shopping for his children, but they also killed another mother shopping the next isle over.

Last edited:

Of course they arent , but from 20 feet away, I bet you can't tell the difference between the two plastics.
I'd take that bet from 20 feet in a well lit department store... but maybe not from 20 yards.

I work in the composites industry. Anything that uses a resin system which cures into a rigid form is a plastic.

Even DuPont PP-106 (Kevlar) is a plastic.

There is quite a bit of time when he the kid wasn't on video, and it IS possible he was pointing that gun at people at that time.

However, that is irrelevant, the method for dealing with that is arresting the kid and letting him have his day in court, not killing him on the spot.

I wouldn't doubt that he DID at some point point that BB gun at someone, and if at THAT time someone had busted a cap in his ass, too bad so sad, but after the fact and after the danger has passed is a different matter....

So, making the claim that he never pointed the gun at anyone is stupid and unnecessary and will probably backfire when it gets proven that yes he in fact DID point the gun at people.

The 911 caller Ritchie later stated that Crawford never pointed the gun at anyone. Crawford never pointed it at Williams & her kids as Ritchie claimed he was in the time synced video. Williams & her kids showed no concern about Crawford & didn't signal for help or call 911. Williams however did die from a heart attack caused by police shooting Crawford, so now her motherless kids are in danger as are Crawford's fatherless children.

911 caller Ritchie was kicked out of basic training for fraud, lying, post racist crap online, arrested for stealing, convicted for possession of drugs & paraphernalia. He is a drug addict, racist, criminal POS & should go to prison for causing those 2 deaths destroying their families.

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

No, I'm a retired career MP.

Now listen sonny. The cops aren't empowered to execute people for what they allegedly did before they even arrived on scene. They ARE empowered to kill the guy in defense of others or themselves, but NO ONE was in danger when this cop shot that kid. And that is even assuming the gun was real rather than a BB gun.

Sonny?

HAHAHAHAA

No execution occurred quit with the drama queen act!

What charges were brought up against the officers?

Forum List

Back