Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

People that mishandle guns like that should be banned from ever owning a firearm again. And we still have people that argue that one should be allowed to carry a firearm into bars. LOL

Anybody displaying firearms in a place of business for any reason other than dealing with a life or death situation should go straight to jail. Your firearm should remain holstered or packed away at all times.

There is no evidence he was displaying it.

DISPLAYING a gun, is not a reason to go to jail.

You are very willing to send innocent people to jail for simply having a different belief system than you.

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

There is no reason to assume that alcohol was responsible.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.

The fact that you are in a bar, does not mean that ANY accident that occurs is because of alcohol.

I assumed nothing. I merely wondered if alcohol was involved based on the available information. Why do you find that so troubling?

You wondered that in your op.

I reasonable pointed out that the complete lack of details in the report gave us no reason to assume that.

You responded saying it was reasonable to suspect it.

The fact that you are in a bar, does not mean that ANY accident that occurs is because of alcohol.

I find it "troubling" because this nation is full of dishonest anti-gunners who would find a reason to limit guns because the Sun rises in the West.

Does your concern rise to the level of restricting free speech? I sure hope not, but it kinda looks like it.

Nothing in my post supports your claim that I support limiting free speech.

YOu are revealed to be a normal, ie dishonest, anti-gunner.

Willing to put innocent people in jail for disagreeing with you on political matters.

I wonder if alcohol was involved?

Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

No one else was injured in the shooting.
so the fuck what?

What's happened here is deeply troubling to say the least and cries out for new laws that address the unwarranted display of firearms in a business establishment. Laws with teeth that result in the automatic seizure of the firearm, and jail time.

I assumed nothing. I merely wondered if alcohol was involved based on the available information. Why do you find that so troubling?

I reasonable pointed out that the complete lack of details in the report gave us no reason to assume that.

I find it "troubling" because this nation is full of dishonest anti-gunners who would find a reason to limit guns because the Sun rises in the West.

Does your concern rise to the level of restricting free speech? I sure hope not, but it kinda looks like it.

Willing to put innocent people in jail for disagreeing with you on political matters.

Nonsense.

There's to many stupid fuckers out there packing heat with a round in the chamber. That is in fact a well proven recipe for disaster as this thread clearly shows. He could just as easily have shot someone else while he was in the process of shooting himself. And that is an unacceptable outcome. Some restrictions on your right to own & carry a gun are necessary, if only to keep the public safe from the unwarranted display of loaded fitearms in a place of business.

Guns and booze are a killer combination.
Even John Wayne used to make the cowboys leave their guns at the city limits before they could go in and get a drink. Sensible solution in my view.

Nonsense.

There's to many stupid fuckers out there packing heat with a round in the chamber. That is in fact a well proven recipe for disaster as this thread clearly shows. He could just as easily have shot someone else while he was in the process of shooting himself. And that is an unacceptable outcome. Some restrictions on your right to own & carry a gun are necessary, if only to keep the public safe from the unwarranted display of loaded fitearms in a place of business.

There are already laws for brandishing a gun.....you know nothing about guns obviously, since carrying a round in the chamber is standard practice.

We already have all the restrictions we need to keep guns from causing problems.

We had 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people actually carrying guns for self defense....we now have 357-400 million guns in private hands and close to 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...in 2016 and our non fatal and fatal gun accident rate went down, not up...

you have no idea what you are talking about.....

If you did, you would support mandatory gun safety education in public schools to go along with mandatory fire safety training in public schools...that is how you address this...not by making more useless laws...

Even John Wayne used to make the cowboys leave their guns at the city limits before they could go in and get a drink. Sensible solution in my view.

Moron......Virginia passed concealed carry in bars last year....and their crime rate in bars went down 5.7 percent......we have over 40 states that allow concealed carry in resaurants and bars....and it isn't a problem......

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

so the fuck what?

What's happened here is deeply troubling to say the least and cries out for new laws that address the unwarranted display of firearms in a business establishment. Laws with teeth that result in the automatic seizure of the firearm, and jail time.

Is this the new cry baby push from anti gunners...for another problem that doesn't exist except you want to use it to attack normal gun owners....moron.

People that mishandle guns like that should be banned from ever owning a firearm again. And we still have people that argue that one should be allowed to carry a firearm into bars. LOL

Do you know why...because over 40 states already allow it......and in Virginia they passed the law allowing it and their bar crime rate went down 5.7%....

People who carry in bars don't drink...just like people are the designated driver....the criminals carrying illegal guns who are back on the streets because prosecutors and judges hand out light sentences? They will carry their illegally owned and carried gun into a bar no matter what law you pass.....

Nonsense.

There are already laws for brandishing a gun.....you know nothing about guns obviously, since carrying a round in the chamber is standard practice.

We already have all the restrictions we need to keep guns from causing problems.

We had 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people actually carrying guns for self defense....we now have 357-400 million guns in private hands and close to 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...in 2016 and our non fatal and fatal gun accident rate went down, not up...

If you did, you would support mandatory gun safety education in public schools to go along with mandatory fire safety training in public schools...that is how you address this...not by making more useless laws...

Brandishing or waving a gun around is already unlawful. The unwarranted display of a loaded firearm in a place of business should be unlawful as well. But isn't.

Nonsense.

Brandishing or waving a gun around is already unlawful. The unwarranted display of a loaded firearm in a place of business should be unlawful as well. But isn't.

Yeah...it is .....anyone can call the police and they can arrest them for disturbing the peace.

so the fuck what?

It's not deeply troubling at all

People do stupid shit every second of every day

In case you didn't know this, movies are not real life.

so the fuck what?

True enough. But when their acts of stupidity includes mishandling a loaded gun while standing in the same check out line I'm standing in, I'm calling the cops.

so the fuck what?

True enough. But when their acts of stupidity includes mishandling a loaded gun while standing in the same check out line I'm standing in, I'm calling the cops.

Who says you shouldn't? It is no different than when an old person plows their car into a crowd because they put their foot on the accelerator and not the break....

In case you didn't know this, movies are not real life.

Look up the word facetious.

so the fuck what?

Who says you shouldn't? It is no different than when an old person plows their car into a crowd because they put their foot on the accelerator and not the break....

Your straw man argument makes you look like the idiot you are. In this case anyway.

so the fuck what?

Your straw man argument makes you look like the idiot you are. In this case anyway.

Nope...same thing ...there is no strawman....except the old person behind the wheel of a car can kill far more people than one accidental discharge....

so the fuck what?

This is not a strawman...

Santa Monica Farmers Market crash - Wikipedia

On the afternoon of July 16, 2003, George Weller, then age 86, drove his 1992 Buick LeSabre westbound down Arizona Avenue in Santa Monica, California toward the city's popular Third Street Promenade. The last few blocks of the street, before it ends at the ocean, had been closed to vehicle traffic for the biweekly farmers' market.

Weller's car struck a 2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan that had stopped to allow pedestrians through a crosswalk, then accelerated around a road closure sign, crashed through wooden sawhorses, and plowed through the busy marketplace crowd, traveling nearly 1,000 feet (300 m) at speeds between 40 and 60 mph (60 and 100 km/h). The entire sequence of collisions took at least 10 seconds.

By the time the car came to a halt, ten people had been killed and 63 were injured.

Weller told investigators he had accidentally placed his foot on the accelerator pedal instead of the brake, then tried to brake but could not stop. Days after the crash, Weller issued a statement saying he was distraught and heartbroken, and his attorney called it an accident.

The crash fueled a national debate in the United States on safety risks posed by elderly drivers.

Nonsense.

"Stupid fuckers"?

So, only "stupid fuckers" ever have accidents? LOL!

The linked article supports none of your assumptions here, nor your conclusion.

You have revealed, though, that you are wiling to make shit up to " justify" your goal, ie restrictions on the "right" to keep and bear arms.

This is the part that, if you had a shred of intellectual honestly, you would admit that you were stone cold busted, and apologize for being so dishonest.

But, if you were that type of person, you wouldn't be a lefty in the first place.

Forum List

Back