Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

There is no reason to assume that alcohol was responsible.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

There is no reason to assume that alcohol was responsible.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.

The fact that you are in a bar, does not mean that ANY accident that occurs is because of alcohol.

I assumed nothing. I merely wondered if alcohol was involved based on the available information. Why do you find that so troubling?

You wondered that in your op.

I reasonable pointed out that the complete lack of details in the report gave us no reason to assume that.

You responded saying it was reasonable to suspect it.

The fact that you are in a bar, does not mean that ANY accident that occurs is because of alcohol.

I find it "troubling" because this nation is full of dishonest anti-gunners who would find a reason to limit guns because the Sun rises in the West.
Guns and booze are a killer combination.
Even John Wayne used to make the cowboys leave their guns at the city limits before they could go in and get a drink. Sensible solution in my view.

Guns and booze are not a killer combination.

You are obviously the Voice of Inexperience.

John Wayne was an Actor. He never made, nor enforced any anti-gun laws.

It is not a sensible solution in your view. It is a stepping stone to what you really want, ie a complete ban with prison time for anyone that disagrees.

I wonder if alcohol was involved?

Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

No one else was injured in the shooting.
so the fuck what?

What's happened here is deeply troubling to say the least and cries out for new laws that address the unwarranted display of firearms in a business establishment. Laws with teeth that result in the automatic seizure of the firearm, and jail time.

It's not deeply troubling at all

People do stupid shit every second of every day

True enough. But when their acts of stupidity includes mishandling a loaded gun while standing in the same check out line I'm standing in, I'm calling the cops.

Who says you shouldn't? It is no different than when an old person plows their car into a crowd because they put their foot on the accelerator and not the break....

You miss the point. THis guy would consider ANY possession of a firearm to be "mishandling" and would call the cops on someone who he noticed had a gun, no matter how well holstered.

What's happened here is deeply troubling to say the least and cries out for new laws that address the unwarranted display of firearms in a business establishment. Laws with teeth that result in the automatic seizure of the firearm, and jail time.

True enough. But when their acts of stupidity includes mishandling a loaded gun while standing in the same check out line I'm standing in, I'm calling the cops.

Who says you shouldn't? It is no different than when an old person plows their car into a crowd because they put their foot on the accelerator and not the break....

Your straw man argument makes you look like the idiot you are. In this case anyway.

Nope...same thing ...there is no strawman....except the old person behind the wheel of a car can kill far more people than one accidental discharge....

When we have to start dodging 40 or 50 cars roaring up & down the grocery store isles. And by the way, stats say that way more old ladies are pulling that nonsense than old men.

And besides, cars serve a useful purpose on an around the clock daily basis. Guns do not b

Last edited:

Your straw man argument makes you look like the idiot you are. In this case anyway.

Nope...same thing ...there is no strawman....except the old person behind the wheel of a car can kill far more people than one accidental discharge....

When we have to start dodging 40 or 50 cars roaring up & down the grocery store isles. And by the way, stats say that way more old ladies are pulling that nonsense than old men.

And besides, cars serve a useful purpose on an around the clock daily basis. Guns do not b

1. Because you have to dodge multiple gunshots during an average shopping trip? That would be BS.

2. Old Man, old woman, irrelevant deflection.

3. Guns are constantly used for multiple useful purposes. That was dishonest statement.

1. Because you have to dodge multiple gunshots during an average shopping trip? That would be BS.

3. Guns are constantly used for multiple useful purposes. That was dishonest statement.
A gun is a tool with only one purpose. Killing. When used to kill for food, or for self defense, they are a useful tool. When carried and played with like a toy, they are a major danger to others. This person obviously should not be allowed to have a gun if he is stupid enough to accidentally shoot himself.

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

so the fuck what?

Oh please.

We can't keep repeat offenders, gangbangers, etc. In jail.

You jump to conclusions. Insist citizens lose their rights. Making yourself judge, and jury based on assumptions.

Your panties are soiled.

so the fuck what?

as well you should

we don't need any new laws as there are already laws on the books regarding brandishing a weapon in public

Guns are just used to shoot people. They are a menace to society.

Wrong again slick. That would be the idiot behind the firearm.

I would suggest you are a menace to society. The reason weapons were invented. To keep you tyrants in check.

I would suggest you are a menace to society. The reason weapons were invented. To keep you tyrants in check.
Guns were invented to kill people more efficiently. Didnt you know that ?

Sure I did! It's a very effective way of retaining freedom.

The biggest fear you tyrants have. An armed populace.

Freedom to shoot children in their school is not freedom.

Freedom to shoot children in their school is not freedom.
Moron.

Who advocates killing children in a school? Nobody I know.

That would be those with whom you associate with.

The rest of us want to rid the world of this vermin.

Nope. Guns often save lives without even being fired. Try to be less stupid.

What is a menace to society is Political COrrectness like that which lead to government officials allowing a Muslim Rape Ring to torture, rape and literally enslave THOUSANDS Of UK children.

funny how none of my guns have ever been used to shoot people

I guess I'm not using them correctly

With all the nut jobs packing heat nowadays, additional gun control laws should be enacted to protect the public from these nut jobs who think it's ok to mishandles their loaded firearm in public. That shits gotta stop.

With all the nut jobs packing heat nowadays, additional gun control laws should be enacted to protect the public from these nut jobs who think it's ok to mishandles their loaded firearm in public. That shits gotta.

That was a load of made up shit.

Forum List

Back