Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

True enough. But when their acts of stupidity includes mishandling a loaded gun while standing in the same check out line I'm standing in, I'm calling the cops.
as well you should

we don't need any new laws as there are already laws on the books regarding brandishing a weapon in public

The unwarranted display of a loaded firearm should be unlawful as well.
that is covered under the brandishing laws

shit if you carry concealed and even the outline of a gun prints on your clothes you can be arrested and lose your permit

you might want to actually learn the laws that exist before you call for more

You're wrong dude. And why do you keep repeating yourself?

Unlike you I know what I am talking about

You may, or may not know somethings, but you still lack the sense God gave a goose.
Brandishing a firearm versus unholstering your loaded firearm to show it off in a place of business or simply handle it are two completely different things. Both acts should be unlawful

Last edited:
as well you should

we don't need any new laws as there are already laws on the books regarding brandishing a weapon in public

shit if you carry concealed and even the outline of a gun prints on your clothes you can be arrested and lose your permit

You may, or may not know somethings, but you still lack the sense God gave a goose.
Brandishing a firearm versus unholstering your loaded firearm to show it off in a place of business or simply handle it are two completely different things. Both acts should be unlawful

And the cops can be called on both...you would then have to explain what you were doing...and possibly get a ticket for disturbing the peace and they could arrest you for that.....you can't just take the pistol out and hand it around.....

Take a gun safety class...you might learn something.

as well you should

both are covered under the same law

if there was a cop there that guy would have been arrested and charged

like I said you might want to actually learn the laws relating to concealed and open carry

like I said you might want to actually learn the laws relating to concealed and open carry

Your claim is baseless. So in fact they are not the same thing. You're talking about two different things altogether. You're just unwilling to accept it.

Why don't we make it complicated.

While Mommy is shopping at her favorite grocery store her toddler somehow manages to fish her Dirty Harry 44 magnum from her purse drops it on the floor where a round is fired striking and killing a nearby shopper. Now, without a specific law addressing the unwarranted display of a firearm, it's unlikely that mommy will be charged with a crime at all. It'll be written off as a horrible accident, further victimizing the family of the deceased, who just might feel compelled to take justice into their own hands.

Or as 2guy suggests, she'll be cited for disturbing the peace, pay a small fine and walk away. That in this case would also be an unacceptable outcome.

Last edited:

Your claim is baseless. So in fact they are not the same thing. You're talking about two different things altogether. You're just unwilling to accept it.

While Mommy is shopping at her favorite grocery store her toddler somehow manages to fish her Dirty Harry 44 magnum from her purse drops it on the floor where a round is fired striking and killing a nearby shopper. Now, without a specific law addressing the unwarranted display of a firearm, it's unlikely that mommy will be charged with a crime at all. It'll be written off as a horrible accident, further victimizing the family of the deceased, who just might feel compelled to take justice into their own hands.

Or as 2guy suggests, she'll be cited for disturbing the peace, pay a small fine and walk away. That in this case would also be an unacceptable outcome.

She'll be cited for negligence, reckless endangerment of a minor and or the public amonng other things.
And you do not know what the punishment would be so your speculation is meaningless. She might be fined she might serve some sort of jail time and or some type of probation she most definitely will lose her carry permit so the issue is solved without the need for any new laws

And as far as your brandishing argument it doesn't matter if I point my gun at anyone the mere act of displaying a gun in public is a violation of the law. Concealed carry laws specifically state that even the mere imprint of a gun on your clothing or the accidental revealing of a concealed carry weapon is a violation of the brandishing laws. with open carry removing a gun from the holster is a violation of brandishing laws.

I can't help it if you're too fucking thick to understand that

Moron...she can be sued in civil court and will face wreckless endangerment of a child and any number of other acts.....

You are trying to create a problem that doesn't exist...we already have all the laws we need to deal with this the same way we do when someone drives their car into a crowd because they hit the gas instead of the break, same rules and laws apply........

Moron...she can be sued in civil court and will face wreckless endangerment of a child and any number of other acts.....

Come on dude, there's no need to get creepy here. We're just having a friendly conversation.

And civil court is no justice at all when the perpetrator belongs in prison.

She'll be cited for negligence, reckless endangerment of a minor and or the public amonng other things.
And you do not know what the punishment would be so your speculation is meaningless. She might be fined she might serve some sort of jail time and or some type of probation she most definitely will lose her carry permit so the issue is solved without the need for any new laws

And as far as your brandishing argument it doesn't matter if I point my gun at anyone the mere act of displaying a gun in public is a violation of the law. Concealed carry laws specifically state that even the mere imprint of a gun on your clothing or the accidental revealing of a concealed carry weapon is a violation of the brandishing laws. with open carry removing a gun from the holster is a violation of brandishing laws.

You see here's the problem with your rant. Mommy will walk away scottfree. When she should be serving hard time in the grey bar motel.

You see here's the problem with your rant. Mommy will walk away scottfree. When she should be serving hard time in the grey bar motel.

You don't know what she'll get. If no one was hurt no prison time is warranted. If she's found guilty of negligent manslaughter she most certainly will do jail time and in either case she will lose her carry permit

so stop your fucking whining already

Who says you shouldn't? It is no different than when an old person plows their car into a crowd because they put their foot on the accelerator and not the break....

Your straw man argument makes you look like the idiot you are. In this case anyway.

Nope...same thing ...there is no strawman....except the old person behind the wheel of a car can kill far more people than one accidental discharge....

When we have to start dodging 40 or 50 cars roaring up & down the grocery store isles. And by the way, stats say that way more old ladies are pulling that nonsense than old men.

And besides, cars serve a useful purpose on an around the clock daily basis. Guns do not b

1. Because you have to dodge multiple gunshots during an average shopping trip? That would be BS.

2. Old Man, old woman, irrelevant deflection.

3. Guns are constantly used for multiple useful purposes. That was dishonest statement.
Guns are just used to shoot people. They are a menace to society.
To be honest sometimes guns save lives.
How many people in the world saved their lives or other people lives because they carried a gun?
Guns don't kill people. Fool brains kill people ;)

I wonder if alcohol was involved?

Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

No one else was injured in the shooting.
Poor man! Hope he's now ok :(

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

There is no reason to assume that alcohol was responsible.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.
It is legal to carry concealed or openly in a bar or restaurant, even while consuming alcohol.
One cannot possess a firearm if their blood alcohol content is more than .10 BAC

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.
It is legal to carry concealed or openly in a bar or restaurant, even while consuming alcohol.
One cannot possess a firearm if their blood alcohol content is more than .10 BAC
that varies from state to state

Prove it by showing me some convictions for simply unholstering your firearm in a place of business without criminal intent. And how many of those convictions resulted in the permanent loss of their right to possess a firearm ?

Nonsense.
There's to many stupid fuckers out there packing heat with a round in the chamber.
Quantify this, with a source.

Everybody on this board that packs heat. We've had this discussion before and so far I'm the only poster that never chambers a round until I'm ready to fire.

You should follow my lead on this. No more accidental discharge issues for any reason.

that varies from state to state
It does --but this is NV law.

Forum List

Back