Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

The figures are a lot higher than they are in the UK. It suggests that America pays a high price for gun ownership.

No twit.....your gun violence was always low even when you were allowed to have guns .......and after you banned guns....your gun crime rate went up 4 % nationally and 10% in your major cities...and your country is far more violent than the United States...your criminals just don't commit murder as often.....

We pay a high price for not locking up violent repeat offenders..repeat felons with gun convictions serve less than two years...and then morons like you wonder why we have so much gun crime...

The figures are a lot higher than they are in the UK. It suggests that America pays a high price for gun ownership.

No twit.....your gun violence was always low even when you were allowed to have guns .......and after you banned guns....your gun crime rate went up 4 % nationally and 10% in your major cities...and your country is far more violent than the United States...your criminals just don't commit murder as often.....

We pay a high price for not locking up violent repeat offenders..repeat felons with gun convictions serve less than two years...and then morons like you wonder why we have so much gun crime...
You keep parroting that the UK is more violent but that isnt the case. In fact it is absurd to suggest it. Guns are not a part of our culture and we are the better for that.

The real question is whether the American gun cancer is too deeply ingrained to be reversed. I suspect it might be.

I cant conceive what it is like to live a life in fear like you do. Over here in "falling apart" Europe we go about our business without guns. Imagine being able to go to the cinema and a restaurant without taking a gun.

Our children can go to school and have a reasonable expectation of coming home in the afternoon.

Guns kill people and the respective death rates point out the absurdity of your argument.

You keep parroting that the UK is more violent but that isnt the case. In fact it is absurd to suggest it. Guns are not a part of our culture and we are the better for that.

The real question is whether the American gun cancer is too deeply ingrained to be reversed. I suspect it might be.

I cant conceive what it is like to live a life in fear like you do. Over here in "falling apart" Europe we go about our business without guns. Imagine being able to go to the cinema and a restaurant without taking a gun.

Our children can go to school and have a reasonable expectation of coming home in the afternoon.

Guns kill people and the respective death rates point out the absurdity of your argument.

British violent crime is 2x higher than the United States...I have linked to this over and over again...the difference is that your criminals don't murder each other over Facebook insults..ours do....90% of our gun murderers are convicted felons who are back on the street using an illegal gun....shooting people who are 70-80% also convicted felons....

And I have posted how your gun crime rate is going up...because you imported foreign immigrants who are doing the shooting because they don't follow your British cultural norms....your gun crime rate is now up 4%.....last year, 10% in your major cities like London.....

The absurdity of your argument is that you think normal, law abiding people who own guns drive the gun crime rate...and this isn't true, factual or based in reality...as British gun crime rates show.....

moron...our gun crime is almost completely contained in democrat voting districts in our inner cities...because that political party doesn't want to put minority criminals in jail, and there by they drive the gun murder rate.....

Hey genius...your country has imported criminals...and they are using guns.....more and more...

Rising number of guns being smuggled into UK, Metropolitan police say

More guns are being seized in cities across Britain as the number of firearms being smuggled into the country increases, Britain’s most senior police officer has said.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan police commissioner, told a hearing at London’s City Hall that a rise in gun crime in the capital was being put down to an increase in the number of weapons coming into the country.

The Met seized a “worrying” record number of weapons in 2015, including semiautomatic guns, Hogan-Howe said.

“We’ve seized more firearms than ever before,” he said. “In the previous year [2015] we’ve seized 714 guns – that’s around two per day. In a city this size, that’s a worrying number. This is an increase on previous years. Some of them are semiautomatic weapons, too.

“If you look around the big cities of the country, they are seeing a similar profile. Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool – they are seeing big rises as well.”

British violent crime is 2x higher than the United States...I have linked to this over and over again...the difference is that your criminals don't murder each other over Facebook insults..ours do....90% of our gun murderers are convicted felons who are back on the street using an illegal gun....shooting people who are 70-80% also convicted felons....

And I have posted how your gun crime rate is going up...because you imported foreign immigrants who are doing the shooting because they don't follow your British cultural norms....your gun crime rate is now up 4%.....last year, 10% in your major cities like London.....

The absurdity of your argument is that you think normal, law abiding people who own guns drive the gun crime rate...and this isn't true, factual or based in reality...as British gun crime rates show.....
Repeating a load of bollox doesnt make it true. The murder rate is the only true measure as there is no confusion as to the level of violence. The US murder rate,driven by your gun ownership, is way more than in the UK. Your guns enslave you and your kids will be the next victims.

Hey genius...your country has imported criminals...and they are using guns.....more and more...

More guns are being seized in cities across Britain as the number of firearms being smuggled into the country increases, Britain’s most senior police officer has said.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan police commissioner, told a hearing at London’s City Hall that a rise in gun crime in the capital was being put down to an increase in the number of weapons coming into the country.

The Met seized a “worrying” record number of weapons in 2015, including semiautomatic guns, Hogan-Howe said.

“We’ve seized more firearms than ever before,” he said. “In the previous year [2015] we’ve seized 714 guns – that’s around two per day. In a city this size, that’s a worrying number. This is an increase on previous years. Some of them are semiautomatic weapons, too.

“If you look around the big cities of the country, they are seeing a similar profile. Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool – they are seeing big rises as well.”
How many years before our streets become as dangerous as America ?

Like I said, you should follow my lead on this one. Never chamber a round until you're ready to fire. We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive
Chuckle...
How many deaths result from accidental discharges by people lawfully carrying a gun?
Please be sure to provide a cite.
Well we have close to 40, 000 gun deaths a year the last I heard.
The average yearly firearms deaths, 1999-2015, is 31,000

So I'm sure we can find quite a few. Far too many actually.
I asked for a cite. If examples that prove your claim are easy to find, so are citations.
Get busy.
and suicides don't count because suicide is a choice not a crime

Every gun death counts. Suicide by car wreck doesn't do much to help car wreck stats that's for sure.

No only gun crimes matter
Suicide is not a crime

Repeating a load of bollox doesnt make it true. The murder rate is the only true measure as there is no confusion as to the level of violence. The US murder rate,driven by your gun ownership, is way more than in the UK. Your guns enslave you and your kids will be the next victims.

Wrong......violent crime includes beatings, stabbings as well as shootings and rapes......the U.K. is the most violent country in Europe and 2x as violent as the United States......

We have 357 million guns and our gun murder rate went down 49%.....you gun murder rate, after you banned guns..is going up, not down....you imported violent people who are not British in nature and so murder and violence are becoming common in your country.....

How many years before our streets become as dangerous as America ?

How many more violent 3rd worlders do you intend to import?

Wrong......violent crime includes beatings, stabbings as well as shootings and rapes......the U.K. is the most violent country in Europe and 2x as violent as the United States......

We have 357 million guns and our gun murder rate went down 49%.....you gun murder rate, after you banned guns..is going up, not down....you imported violent people who are not British in nature and so murder and violence are becoming common in your country.....
Are you really saying that the US is safer than the UK ? You are a joke.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Are you really saying that the US is safer than the UK ? You are a joke.

Almost all of it, yes......as long as you stay out of democrat controlled voting districts our crime rate is lower than yours.

Like I said, you should follow my lead on this one. Never chamber a round until you're ready to fire. We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive
Chuckle...
How many deaths result from accidental discharges by people lawfully carrying a gun?

I asked for a cite. If examples that prove your claim are easy to find, so are citations.
Get busy.
Chuckle...
Get busy.
Not a problem. 35,000 killed. 73,000 wounded.
To repeat myself, so we're clear:
Please be sure to provide a cite

35,000 killed... from accidental discharges by people legally carrying a gun?
Your citation says no such thing.
Try again.

Chuckle...

Get busy.
Chuckle...
Get busy.

Try again.

My number represented the total number killed. If you're unable to make that determination on your own. That's your problem. Not mine. Now my previous reply to you mentioned a number somewhere north of 500 killed accidentally. That info came from the cdc.

Chuckle...

Get busy.
Chuckle...
Get busy.

Try again.

My number represented the total number killed. If you're unable to make that determination on your own. That's your problem. Not mine. Now my previous reply to you mentioned a number somewhere north of 500 killed accidentally. That info came from the cdc.

And the gun accident death rate.....you didn't give the whole story did you?

The fatal and non fatal gun accident rate from the 1990s when we had 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997 to 2016 when we have 357-400 million guns in private hands and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...went down, not up....

Let me repeat that...as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun accident rate went down, not up.....

And even the number...under 500 in 2014........means that with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands and about 15 million people carrying them for self defense....

We had a total of 486 deaths due to gun accidents.....

Here is the info from the CDC....

Accidental deaths by gun by year...

http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

So......357,000,000 to 486

Do you see why your claim is silly?

And when you add the fact that 1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack...you claim becomes even less relevant....

Chuckle...

Get busy.
Chuckle...
Get busy.

Try again.

And again...here are the figures for non fatal gun accidents.....as we went from 200 million guns to 357 million guns in private hands...with 15 million people carrying them on their bodies ....

Notice...the number is going down.....

non Fatal gun accidents....
WISQARS Nonfatal Injury Reports
Non fatal gun injury stats from 1999......

Nonfatal and Fatal Firearm-Related Injuries -- United States, 1993-1997
CDC non fatal gun accident.....

1993... 104,390
1994... 89,744
1995... 84,322
1996... 69,649
1997... 64,207
2001.... 17,696

2002... 17,579

2003... 18,941

2004... 16,555

2005... 15,388

2006... 14,678

2007... 15,698

2008... 17,215

2009... 18,610

2010... 14,161

2011... 14,675

2012... 17,362

2013... 16,864

2014..... 15,928

Get busy.
Get busy.

Try again.

And the gun accident death rate.....you didn't give the whole story did you?

The fatal and non fatal gun accident rate from the 1990s when we had 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997 to 2016 when we have 357-400 million guns in private hands and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...went down, not up....

Let me repeat that...as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun accident rate went down, not up.....

And even the number...under 500 in 2014........means that with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands and about 15 million people carrying them for self defense....

We had a total of 486 deaths due to gun accidents.....

Here is the info from the CDC....

Accidental deaths by gun by year...

http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe
Broker Version 9.4

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

So......357,000,000 to 486

Do you see why your claim is silly?

And when you add the fact that 1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack...you claim becomes even less relevant....

Why the need to homoginize the stats ?

Forum List

Back