Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

Nonsense.
There's to many stupid fuckers out there packing heat with a round in the chamber.
Quantify this, with a source.

Everybody on this board that packs heat. We've had this discussion before and so far I'm the only poster that never chambers a round until I'm ready to fire.

You should follow my lead on this. No more accidental discharge issues for any reason.
And so, you cannot quantify your statement, with a source.

You may, or may not know somethings, but you still lack the sense God gave a goose.
Brandishing a firearm versus unholstering your loaded firearm to show it off in a place of business or simply handle it are two completely different things. Both acts should be unlawful
both are covered under the same law

if there was a cop there that guy would have been arrested and charged

like I said you might want to actually learn the laws relating to concealed and open carry

Your claim is baseless. So in fact they are not the same thing. You're talking about two different things altogether. You're just unwilling to accept it.

Why don't we make it complicated.

While Mommy is shopping at her favorite grocery store her toddler somehow manages to fish her Dirty Harry 44 magnum from her purse drops it on the floor where a round is fired striking and killing a nearby shopper. Now, without a specific law addressing the unwarranted display of a firearm, it's unlikely that mommy will be charged with a crime at all. It'll be written off as a horrible accident, further victimizing the family of the deceased, who just might feel compelled to take justice into their own hands.

Or as 2guy suggests, she'll be cited for disturbing the peace, pay a small fine and walk away. That in this case would also be an unacceptable outcome.

She'll be cited for negligence, reckless endangerment of a minor and or the public amonng other things.
And you do not know what the punishment would be so your speculation is meaningless. She might be fined she might serve some sort of jail time and or some type of probation she most definitely will lose her carry permit so the issue is solved without the need for any new laws

And as far as your brandishing argument it doesn't matter if I point my gun at anyone the mere act of displaying a gun in public is a violation of the law. Concealed carry laws specifically state that even the mere imprint of a gun on your clothing or the accidental revealing of a concealed carry weapon is a violation of the brandishing laws. with open carry removing a gun from the holster is a violation of brandishing laws.

I can't help it if you're too fucking thick to understand that

You see here's the problem with your rant. Mommy will walk away scottfree. When she should be serving hard time in the grey bar motel.

You don't know what she'll get. If no one was hurt no prison time is warranted. If she's found guilty of negligent manslaughter she most certainly will do jail time and in either case she will lose her carry permit

so stop your fucking whining already

In most cases of negligent homicide the perp walks with probation

Nonsense.
There's to many stupid fuckers out there packing heat with a round in the chamber.

Everybody on this board that packs heat. We've had this discussion before and so far I'm the only poster that never chambers a round until I'm ready to fire.

You should follow my lead on this. No more accidental discharge issues for any reason.

Like I said, you should follow my lead on this one. Never chamber a round until you're ready to fire. We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive.

Even the number suicides might possibly go down in dramatic fashion because after getting up the nerve to pull the trigger, all they get is a click. Instead of s bang.

Unlike you I know what I am talking about

You may, or may not know somethings, but you still lack the sense God gave a goose.
Brandishing a firearm versus unholstering your loaded firearm to show it off in a place of business or simply handle it are two completely different things. Both acts should be unlawful

like I said you might want to actually learn the laws relating to concealed and open carry

Your claim is baseless. So in fact they are not the same thing. You're talking about two different things altogether. You're just unwilling to accept it.

While Mommy is shopping at her favorite grocery store her toddler somehow manages to fish her Dirty Harry 44 magnum from her purse drops it on the floor where a round is fired striking and killing a nearby shopper. Now, without a specific law addressing the unwarranted display of a firearm, it's unlikely that mommy will be charged with a crime at all. It'll be written off as a horrible accident, further victimizing the family of the deceased, who just might feel compelled to take justice into their own hands.

Or as 2guy suggests, she'll be cited for disturbing the peace, pay a small fine and walk away. That in this case would also be an unacceptable outcome.

She'll be cited for negligence, reckless endangerment of a minor and or the public amonng other things.
And you do not know what the punishment would be so your speculation is meaningless. She might be fined she might serve some sort of jail time and or some type of probation she most definitely will lose her carry permit so the issue is solved without the need for any new laws

And as far as your brandishing argument it doesn't matter if I point my gun at anyone the mere act of displaying a gun in public is a violation of the law. Concealed carry laws specifically state that even the mere imprint of a gun on your clothing or the accidental revealing of a concealed carry weapon is a violation of the brandishing laws. with open carry removing a gun from the holster is a violation of brandishing laws.

Prove it by showing me some convictions for simply unholstering your firearm in a place of business without criminal intent. And how many of those convictions resulted in the permanent loss of their right to possess a firearm ?

so make up your mind.

your last made up scenario was a toddler killed someone

Anyone caught brandishing a weapon will be charged with something depending on the state or town usually threatening the peace or some such thing

If a person does show a gun in public and no one gets hurt it's not worthy of jail time but he will have some sort of record and will in my state anyway lose his carry permit. Just because you're a giant pussy and would be scared is not reason enough to throw someone in jail. Now if someone gets injured or killed that's another story entirely and then jail time is warranted

You see here's the problem with your rant. Mommy will walk away scottfree. When she should be serving hard time in the grey bar motel.

You don't know what she'll get. If no one was hurt no prison time is warranted. If she's found guilty of negligent manslaughter she most certainly will do jail time and in either case she will lose her carry permit

so stop your fucking whining already

In most cases of negligent homicide the perp walks with probation

Even if that's true it's still a felony and the person will be unable to own or buy guns ever again
In my state second degree manslaughter is a C felony and carries a minimum one year mandatory sentence and up to 10 years

Nonsense.

Like I said, you should follow my lead on this one. Never chamber a round until you're ready to fire. We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive.

Even the number suicides might possibly go down in dramatic fashion because after getting up the nerve to pull the trigger, all they get is a click. Instead of s bang.

Why should I listen to you?

I've been carrying legally since I was 21 and have always had a round in the chamber. I see no reason to change my habits

Nonsense.

Yeah....you have no idea what you are talking about.......Glocks started taking off mid 80s....and have gotten more popular, striker fired pistols as a group are one of the most popular pistol types for concealed carry and self defense....and you carry them with a round in the chamber and no safety...

And how has this turned out?

in the 1990s there were 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense...in 2016 there are now 357 million to 400 million guns in private hands and close to 15 million people carrying guns for self defense....

And the non fatal and fatal gun accident rates have both gone down, not up....

Again...please do some research before you post....

Nonsense.

the number of non gun suicides in 2014 was higher than gun suicides......and in countries without access to guns for law abiding citizens....they have higher suicide rates than we do......particularly Japan and France....

Nonsense.

Yeah....you have no idea what you are talking about.......Glocks started taking off mid 80s....and have gotten more popular, striker fired pistols as a group are one of the most popular pistol types for concealed carry and self defense....and you carry them with a round in the chamber and no safety...

And how has this turned out?

in the 1990s there were 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense...in 2016 there are now 357 million to 400 million guns in private hands and close to 15 million people carrying guns for self defense....

And the non fatal and fatal gun accident rates have both gone down, not up....

Again...please do some research before you post....
lovmyglockbanner.png

Like I said, you should follow my lead on this one. Never chamber a round until you're ready to fire. We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive
Chuckle...
How many deaths result from accidental discharges by people lawfully carrying a gun?
Please be sure to provide a cite.

Prove it by showing me some convictions for simply unholstering your firearm in a place of business without criminal intent. And how many of those convictions resulted in the permanent loss of their right to possess a firearm ?

so make up your mind.

Anyone caught brandishing a weapon will be charged with something depending on the state or town usually threatening the peace or some such thing

If a person does show a gun in public and no one gets hurt it's not worthy of jail time but he will have some sort of record and will in my state anyway lose his carry permit. Just because you're a giant pussy and would be scared is not reason enough to throw someone in jail. Now if someone gets injured or killed that's another story entirely and then jail time is warranted

You sir are the pussy. Packing heat just cause you're scared of your own shadow. Just saying

Nonsense.

I've been carrying legally since I was 21 and have always had a round in the chamber. I see no reason to change my habits

You're not actually listening to me. I'm just the messenger. You would be listening to my dad. He's the one that taught me to never chamber a round until ready to fire. And I took that to heart.

Nonsense.

the number of non gun suicides in 2014 was higher than gun suicides......and in countries without access to guns for law abiding citizens....they have higher suicide rates than we do......particularly Japan and France....

Your comment seems reasonable so I see no need to question any part of it. Having said that, I just want to remind you that were talking about human beings. Not farm animals going to market. So if we can save a few hundred, possibly even a thousand people from shooting themselves to death, wouldn't that be worth something?

Your comment seems reasonable so I see no need to question any part of it. Having said that, I just want to remind you that were talking about human beings. Not farm animals going to market. So if we can save a few hundred, possibly even a thousand people from shooting themselves to death, wouldn't that be worth something?

There is a way to lower it even more.....teach gun safety in all public schools, alongside fire safety education......but anti gunners block those efforts.....and then complain a bout accidental gun deaths....

There is a way to lower it even more.....teach gun safety in all public schools, alongside fire safety education......but anti gunners block those efforts.....and then complain a bout accidental gun deaths....

Not a chance

Not a chance

Yes...saving lives is not the real goal of anti gunners...if it was they would push gun safety...instead, they push gun control.

so make up your mind.

You sir are the pussy. Packing heat just cause you're scared of your own shadow. Just saying

Think whatever you want I really don't give a fuck. But I'm not the one whining that there need to be more gun laws am I?

You're not actually listening to me. I'm just the messenger. You would be listening to my dad. He's the one that taught me to never chamber a round until ready to fire. And I took that to heart.

Why would I listen to your father?

I was taught to always have a round in the chamber and I have never once accidentally discharged a weapon.

But see I don't go around telling other people what to do like you do so if you think you aren't capable of safely carrying a gun with a round in the pipe then don't just don't tell me what to do

Forum List

Back