Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

I wonder if alcohol was involved?

Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

No one else was injured in the shooting.
so the fuck what?

What's happened here is deeply troubling to say the least and cries out for new laws that address the unwarranted display of firearms in a business establishment. Laws with teeth that result in the automatic seizure of the firearm, and jail time.

It's not deeply troubling at all

People do stupid shit every second of every day

True enough. But when their acts of stupidity includes mishandling a loaded gun while standing in the same check out line I'm standing in, I'm calling the cops.
as well you should

we don't need any new laws as there are already laws on the books regarding brandishing a weapon in public

The unwarranted display of a loaded firearm should be unlawful as well.

so the fuck what?

What's happened here is deeply troubling to say the least and cries out for new laws that address the unwarranted display of firearms in a business establishment. Laws with teeth that result in the automatic seizure of the firearm, and jail time.

True enough. But when their acts of stupidity includes mishandling a loaded gun while standing in the same check out line I'm standing in, I'm calling the cops.
as well you should

we don't need any new laws as there are already laws on the books regarding brandishing a weapon in public

YOu are completely transparent.

Nope...same thing ...there is no strawman....except the old person behind the wheel of a car can kill far more people than one accidental discharge....

When we have to start dodging 40 or 50 cars roaring up & down the grocery store isles. And by the way, stats say that way more old ladies are pulling that nonsense than old men.

And besides, cars serve a useful purpose on an around the clock daily basis. Guns do not b

1. Because you have to dodge multiple gunshots during an average shopping trip? That would be BS.

2. Old Man, old woman, irrelevant deflection.

3. Guns are constantly used for multiple useful purposes. That was dishonest statement.
Guns are just used to shoot people. They are a menace to society.
funny how none of my guns have ever been used to shoot people

I guess I'm not using them correctly

With all the nut jobs packing heat nowadays, additional gun control laws should be enacted to protect the public from these nut jobs who think it's ok to mishandles their loaded firearm in public. That shits gotta stop.

we have all those laws already......what new laws would stop an idiot from mishandling their gun in public...before they do it?

so the fuck what?

as well you should

It is. It is either brandishing or disturbing the peace. Please...think before you post.

Nope...same thing ...there is no strawman....except the old person behind the wheel of a car can kill far more people than one accidental discharge....

When we have to start dodging 40 or 50 cars roaring up & down the grocery store isles. And by the way, stats say that way more old ladies are pulling that nonsense than old men.

And besides, cars serve a useful purpose on an around the clock daily basis. Guns do not b

1. Because you have to dodge multiple gunshots during an average shopping trip? That would be BS.

3. Guns are constantly used for multiple useful purposes. That was dishonest statement.

With all the nut jobs packing heat nowadays, additional gun control laws should be enacted to protect the public from these nut jobs who think it's ok to mishandles their loaded firearm in public. That shits gotta stop.

And again....200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million carrying guns for self defense in 1997.....and in 2016 there are now 357-400 million guns in private hands....and close to 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...

And our gun accident rate went down, not up...according to statistics from the CDC....

You do not know what you are talking about...

Wrong again slick. That would be the idiot behind the firearm.

I would suggest you are a menace to society. The reason weapons were invented. To keep you tyrants in check.
Guns were invented to kill people more efficiently. Didnt you know that ?
Sure I did! It's a very effective way of retaining freedom.

The biggest fear you tyrants have. An armed populace.
Freedom to shoot children in their school is not freedom.

Yeah...asswipe..what law allows that....

What helps that action....gun free zone laws that keep normal, law abiding people from stopping bad guys with guns....

Wrong again slick. That would be the idiot behind the firearm.

I would suggest you are a menace to society. The reason weapons were invented. To keep you tyrants in check.
Guns were invented to kill people more efficiently. Didnt you know that ?

No...guns were invented to protect and to keep alive the person using it....

And again....200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million carrying guns for self defense in 1997.....and in 2016 there are now 357-400 million guns in private hands....and close to 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...

And our gun accident rate went down, not up...according to statistics from the CDC....

This thread is living proof of what I speak and cries out for new gun control legislation.
And I'd think that a responsible gun owner sch as yourself would be interested in laws that will specifically address this issue because it won't add to the burden of buying a firearm. That will remain unchanged.

This thread is living proof of what I speak and cries out for new gun control legislation.
And I'd think that a responsible gun owner sch as yourself would be interested in laws that will specifically address this issue because it won't add to the burden of buying a firearm. That will remain unchanged.
Enforce the laws we already have.

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

Darwin's Law

Darwin's Law

That part is a certainty. We haven't heard back on the alcohol involved part yet.

Enforce the laws we already have.

You be sure and call up your local prosecutor and tell him, or her, that. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

so the fuck what?

I agree with you....as long as he was the only one hurt, who cares?

We already have thousands of gun laws on the books
So tell me how is yet another law against brandishing a weapon in public going to make you safer?

Did someone call the cops on this guy? If they did then the law we have is working just fine

You thick fuckers have the blood of infants on your hands.
really?

I've never had a kid and I have never killed an infant so there is no blood on my hands whatsoever.

What you morons can't seem to comprehend is that just because I own a gun doesn't mean I am responsible for gun crimes committed by other people

so the fuck what?

I agree with you....as long as he was the only one hurt, who cares?
The thing is he will be charged with some sort of gun crime because of his actions and he most likely will lose his carry permit so the law worked

so the fuck what?

as well you should

that is covered under the brandishing laws

shit if you carry concealed and even the outline of a gun prints on your clothes you can be arrested and lose your permit

you might want to actually learn the laws that exist before you call for more

as well you should

shit if you carry concealed and even the outline of a gun prints on your clothes you can be arrested and lose your permit

You already mentioned that. To which imprinted that you're talking about something entirely different.

No I am and have been telling you that there are already laws that cover brandishing a gun in public and those laws even include a gun printing on your clothes so why do you want another law that does the exact same thing as the law we already have?

as well you should

You're wrong dude. And why do you keep repeating yourself?

as well you should

You're wrong dude. And why do you keep repeating yourself?

Unlike you I know what I am talking about

Forum List

Back