Man uses Civilian AK-47 rifle to kill two robbers....they had guns too...

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME." Can a homeowner who puts themselves at danger and pursues a burglar have a right to kill said burglars or should the homeowner retreat and call the police?
There’s only one sure remedy, absolute deadly force with intruders...

What's wrong, can't answer my question?

That depends on the individual state's Castle Doctrine law. If the burglars are making off with the homeowner's property then by all means, pursue them.

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME."

I have a CCW in all 50 States. What my Attorney told me is to limit my gun, if, and only if, my life is in jeopardy.

Here's the problem in TN. you CAN protect you property by use of deadly force, HOWEVER, this guy moved from a protected position to a position of offense to protect his property. This guy should have called to cops.
In South Dakota, the man would be dead... end of story

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME." Can a homeowner who puts themselves at danger and pursues a burglar have a right to kill said burglars or should the homeowner retreat and call the police?

That depends on the individual state's Castle Doctrine law. If the burglars are making off with the homeowner's property then by all means, pursue them.

I have a CCW in all 50 States. What my Attorney told me is to limit my gun, if, and only if, my life is in jeopardy.

Here's the problem in TN. you CAN protect you property by use of deadly force, HOWEVER, this guy moved from a protected position to a position of offense to protect his property. This guy should have called to cops.

The story doesn't relate to South Dakota, it's Tennessee. Quit trying to change the subject.

The story doesn't relate to South Dakota, it's Tennessee. Quit trying to change the subject.
Criminals are cowards, They will avoid at all costs an armed home.

Quit trying to change the subject.

Quit trying to change the subject.
The truth hurts... huh?

Ran into the same issue in my parallel post about the same story... not a very cerebral group here...
I'm thinking that this isn't the last we've heard legally re. this issue, despite it being TN

Reminds me of a case years ago in California.

A truck driver parked his rig overnight and went to sleep in the sleeper. During the night a guy broke into his truck. He grabbed his gun and shot the intruder but didn't kill him. The intruder ran and the trucker shot him in the back, killing him.

The DA wanted to press charges against the trucker, but the public outcry was so great that all charges were dismissed.
Once someone attempts to shoot an innocent victim if the victim fights back the victim is legally entitled to shoot the aggressor anywhere possible......including in the back.
The victim has no way of knowing if the aggressor is going to turn around and shoot at the victim again.

I have a CCW in all 50 States.
Horse shit.

What my Attorney told me is to limit my gun, if, and only if, my life is in jeopardy.

Here's the problem in TN. You CAN protect you property by use of deadly force, HOWEVER, this guy moved from a protected position to a position of offense to protect his property. This guy should have called to cops.
Bla, bla, bla.

AK-47, aka Kalishnakov is a sweet rifle. Never jams, made for fighting in mud, just not too accurate lol. Pretty much need to spray your whole clip to hit something.

So much hoopla about evil black AR-15 style rifles and yet, the left is so uninformed that they know nothing about the AK-47's variants. I opted for an AK instead of the AR platform because of their reliability and because they've been around since the late 1940's.

They may be reliable and able to shoot after a lot of abuse, but their accuracy isn't the best in the world.

AK-47 Accuracy and Reliability

The reason for the AK’s lack of accuracy is due to its “functioning” and projectiles ballistic coefficient. The AK-47 is made up of only a few “moving” parts. There are fewer parts, these parts are made up of large chunks of metal. Take the bolt for example once fired. The hunk of metal that unlocks and flies back once fired is pretty heavy when compared to the M4.
As it rides the railing and slams to the back, the weapons harmonics are disturbed significantly, take a look at a few videos of the AK-47 fired in slow motion and see the amount of barrel whip.

There may be a decrease in accuracy due to the fact that the rifles hand guard is made up of wood. Wood has a notorious tendency to bend, tighten, and loosen under temperature changes. For example, in the summer time, the doors within your home may become harder to open and close because wood expands and shrinks when hot. This shrinking and expansion of the wood hand guard, though minuet, changes the harmonics of the barrel.

Only a (borrowing DragonLady's word here) a dolt wouldn't know that you just described an AK-47 in full auto, and not the semi-auto this homeowner would have had available on his AK-47.

You don't need slow motion is you fire one round wait a few seconds, re-aim, and fire a second round.
I really wonder why you spread your ignorance with such confidence.

BTW, who wrote the minuet you are referring to?

Reminds me of a case years ago in California.

A truck driver parked his rig overnight and went to sleep in the sleeper. During the night a guy broke into his truck. He grabbed his gun and shot the intruder but didn't kill him. The intruder ran and the trucker shot him in the back, killing him.

The DA wanted to press charges against the trucker, but the public outcry was so great that all charges were dismissed.
Once someone attempts to shoot an innocent victim if the victim fights back the victim is legally entitled to shoot the aggressor anywhere possible......including in the back.
The victim has no way of knowing if the aggressor is going to turn around and shoot at the victim again.
I think the issue in that case was that the trucker got out of his truck and chased the guy before shooting him in the back.

Still, all charges were dropped.

So much hoopla about evil black AR-15 style rifles and yet, the left is so uninformed that they know nothing about the AK-47's variants. I opted for an AK instead of the AR platform because of their reliability and because they've been around since the late 1940's.

They may be reliable and able to shoot after a lot of abuse, but their accuracy isn't the best in the world.

The reason for the AK’s lack of accuracy is due to its “functioning” and projectiles ballistic coefficient. The AK-47 is made up of only a few “moving” parts. There are fewer parts, these parts are made up of large chunks of metal. Take the bolt for example once fired. The hunk of metal that unlocks and flies back once fired is pretty heavy when compared to the M4.
As it rides the railing and slams to the back, the weapons harmonics are disturbed significantly, take a look at a few videos of the AK-47 fired in slow motion and see the amount of barrel whip.

There may be a decrease in accuracy due to the fact that the rifles hand guard is made up of wood. Wood has a notorious tendency to bend, tighten, and loosen under temperature changes. For example, in the summer time, the doors within your home may become harder to open and close because wood expands and shrinks when hot. This shrinking and expansion of the wood hand guard, though minuet, changes the harmonics of the barrel.
None of that matters when all your doing is shooting some fuckers in your house of trying to get in. The AK accuracy is fine for home protection and especially defending against untrained thugs with pistols.
Great home defense weapon.

True. Next to my Glock 19, the AK is the first weapon I'd grab if I needed one.
I'll grab my Remington 870 which actually is a military weapon

You are in someone else's home and you pull a gun ? Are you kidding ?

You (as in one percent of the most stupid) have shown yourself to be a great second guesser.

Someone pulls a gun....wait...now let's see....uh...uh....

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

You (as in one percent of the most stupid) have shown yourself to be a great second guesser.

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

The thread stated that the homeowner came home and found people in his house, so instead of retreating and calling the police he got his AR-15 and kill them. Who's the moron now?

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

The thread stated that the homeowner came home and found people in his house, so instead of retreating and calling the police he got his AR-15 and kill them. Who's the moron now?

It also says that when HE entered HIS house, they pulled guns.

So, it's them and you.

They can be accurized which improves their accuracy to almost AR levels.

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

The dimwits who broke into his house.

Military grade ARs and m-4s are every bit as reliable as AKs and are far more accurate...

Far more accurate, I'd agree. But not as reliable. My experience with most AR variants is that they need to be kept well cleaned, well lubricated, and well maintained. Why else would they still require that infernal forward-assist button on the right side, as most AR rifles still have? The bore diameter is also so small that it can fill up with water, requiring you to pull back on the bolt in order to drain it, should you be in an extremely wet environment.

The tolerances between the parts are very tight on the AR, which is why they need to be properly maintained. Any dirt, dust, or sand in the action could cause a failure, unlike the AK.

Once they started chroming the breach on AR's the jamming problems pretty much became nonexistent.

The AK-47 is a very accurate rifle when you use good quality ammunition. My gosh the crap that people write about guns.

Forum List

Back