Man uses Civilian AK-47 rifle to kill two robbers....they had guns too...

So much hoopla about evil black AR-15 style rifles and yet, the left is so uninformed that they know nothing about the AK-47's variants. I opted for an AK instead of the AR platform because of their reliability and because they've been around since the late 1940's.
Military grade ARs and m-4s are every bit as reliable as AKs and are far more accurate...

Far more accurate, I'd agree. But not as reliable. My experience with most AR variants is that they need to be kept well cleaned, well lubricated, and well maintained. Why else would they still require that infernal forward-assist button on the right side, as most AR rifles still have? The bore diameter is also so small that it can fill up with water, requiring you to pull back on the bolt in order to drain it, should you be in an extremely wet environment.

The tolerances between the parts are very tight on the AR, which is why they need to be properly maintained. Any dirt, dust, or sand in the action could cause a failure, unlike the AK.

Thats really just not true.
I've fired thousands of rounds through my AR and never had a failure.
Of course I never dropped it in the mud and continued to fire it.

So much hoopla about evil black AR-15 style rifles and yet, the left is so uninformed that they know nothing about the AK-47's variants. I opted for an AK instead of the AR platform because of their reliability and because they've been around since the late 1940's.

They may be reliable and able to shoot after a lot of abuse, but their accuracy isn't the best in the world.

AK-47 Accuracy and Reliability

The reason for the AK’s lack of accuracy is due to its “functioning” and projectiles ballistic coefficient. The AK-47 is made up of only a few “moving” parts. There are fewer parts, these parts are made up of large chunks of metal. Take the bolt for example once fired. The hunk of metal that unlocks and flies back once fired is pretty heavy when compared to the M4.
As it rides the railing and slams to the back, the weapons harmonics are disturbed significantly, take a look at a few videos of the AK-47 fired in slow motion and see the amount of barrel whip.

There may be a decrease in accuracy due to the fact that the rifles hand guard is made up of wood. Wood has a notorious tendency to bend, tighten, and loosen under temperature changes. For example, in the summer time, the doors within your home may become harder to open and close because wood expands and shrinks when hot. This shrinking and expansion of the wood hand guard, though minuet, changes the harmonics of the barrel.

The AK-47 is a very accurate rifle when you use good quality ammunition. My gosh the crap that people write about guns.

Still not as accurate as the AR.
The reason the AK is so reliable is loose tolerances which of course makes the rifle less accurate.
You can however accurize the rifle and greatly improve accuracy.
But you will loose some of that legendary AK durability.

Last edited:

They may be reliable and able to shoot after a lot of abuse, but their accuracy isn't the best in the world.

The reason for the AK’s lack of accuracy is due to its “functioning” and projectiles ballistic coefficient. The AK-47 is made up of only a few “moving” parts. There are fewer parts, these parts are made up of large chunks of metal. Take the bolt for example once fired. The hunk of metal that unlocks and flies back once fired is pretty heavy when compared to the M4.
As it rides the railing and slams to the back, the weapons harmonics are disturbed significantly, take a look at a few videos of the AK-47 fired in slow motion and see the amount of barrel whip.

There may be a decrease in accuracy due to the fact that the rifles hand guard is made up of wood. Wood has a notorious tendency to bend, tighten, and loosen under temperature changes. For example, in the summer time, the doors within your home may become harder to open and close because wood expands and shrinks when hot. This shrinking and expansion of the wood hand guard, though minuet, changes the harmonics of the barrel.

The AK-47 is a very accurate rifle when you use good quality ammunition. My gosh the crap that people write about guns.

Still not as accurate as the AR.
The reason the AK is so reliable is loose tolerances which of course makes the rifle less accurate.
You can however accurize the rifle and greatly improve accuracy.
But you will loose some of that legendary AK durability.

They are as accurate as a base model AR, but if you go and build up a competition AR I will agree with you. But that is significantly more money to do.

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME." Can a homeowner who puts themselves at danger and pursues a burglar have a right to kill said burglars or should the homeowner retreat and call the police?

You are in someone else's home and you pull a gun ? Are you kidding ?

You (as in one percent of the most stupid) have shown yourself to be a great second guesser.

Someone pulls a gun....wait...now let's see....uh...uh....

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

The thread stated that the homeowner came home and found people in his house, so instead of retreating and calling the police he got his AR-15 and kill them. Who's the moron now?

It also says that when HE entered HIS house, they pulled guns.

So, it's them and you.

The thread stated that the homeowner came home and found people in his house, so instead of retreating and calling the police he got his AR-15 and killed them.

There is a fine line between self-protection and vigilantism.

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME." Can a homeowner who puts themselves at danger and pursues a burglar have a right to kill said burglars or should the homeowner retreat and call the police?

You (as in one percent of the most stupid) have shown yourself to be a great second guesser.

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

The thread stated that the homeowner came home and found people in his house, so instead of retreating and calling the police he got his AR-15 and kill them. Who's the moron now?

The dimwits who broke into his house.

Agreed. But that doesn't apply to my post.

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

So, it's them and you.

The thread stated that the homeowner came home and found people in his house, so instead of retreating and calling the police he got his AR-15 and killed them.

Indeed there is. Had they left his home, and he shot them then, that would have been vigilantism. But, seeing's how they were still in his home. "Nice shootin' Tex!"

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

So, it's them and you.

It says that the people spotted him and he thought they were pulling out guns.

That is when he got his gun.

Get is straight.....moron.

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

The dimwits who broke into his house.

Agreed. But that doesn't apply to my post.

You asked the question.

He provided an answer.

Oh BULL SHIT. I have a Maadi AK-47 and I shot with my BIL and neice's husband with their AR's with SCOPES at 100 yards chasing a bright candy apple green gel target, and I could lay them in there with my AK with IRON SIGHTS as well as they could with SCOPES.

AK's are every bit as accurate as an AR, it just depends on the ammo you shoot.

Don't talk until you've actually been out with them and shot them side by side like I have.

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

He only went for it when they appeared to pull guns first.

So, you are the moron for printing a fairy tale instead of what was reported.

The average responce time for law enforcement is 11 minutes its more in the larger cities and rural areas. Retreat my ass I'm eliminating the threat. I would rather deal with consequences and be alive than be a dead statistic

Oh BULL SHIT. I have a Maadi AK-47 and I shot with my BIL and neice's husband with their AR's with SCOPES at 100 yards chasing a bright candy apple green gel target, and I could lay them in there with my AK with IRON SIGHTS as well as they could with SCOPES.

Don't talk until you've actually been out with them and shot them side by side like I have.

I have a Maadi too. Steyr Import. Back when ammunition was a pain in the ass to get!

I have a Maadi too. Steyr Import. Back when ammunition was a pain in the ass to get!
Mine is a Russian made in Egypt. Excellent rifle, not many rounds though it. Got it made up pretty nice with composite fore grip and stock, sling, have a dot scope for it but why use it? The iron sights work just fine. I like the 7.62x39 FMJ compared to the 5.56 or .223. Just got more punch and penetrating power. My BIL and niece's husband liked it too, and want one. They're getting harder to find, a good one that is, while the AR's are all over, a dime a dozen. Seems more people want the AK than an AR.

Who wouldn't want a weapon that could cycle a ham and cheese sandwich? The

Mine is a Russian made in Egypt. Excellent rifle, not many rounds though it. Got it made up pretty nice with composite fore grip and stock, sling, have a dot scope for it but why use it? The iron sights work just fine. I like the 7.62x39 FMJ compared to the 5.56 or .223. Just got more punch and penetrating power. My BIL and niece's husband liked it too, and want one. They're getting harder to find, a good one that is, while the AR's are all over, a dime a dozen. Seems more people want the AK than an AR.

Who wouldn't want a weapon that could easily cycle a ham and cheese sandwich? Living in NewYorkistan, I was fortunate enough to be able to get a Saiga just before Sandy Hook though without the pistol grip as it was already banned.:gay: Damn near impossible to get them here now. IDK.... being at the range and firing my brother's AR, I feel like it's a toy by comparison to the AK. To me, my AK feels like the best machine ever made when it is cycling rounds. At 50 yards, it's the weapon if choice imo....the whole accuracy argument is overplayed by the range hero's of the world. I'll take the 7.62 x 39 and its damn near ability to remove whole limbs when sighting shit in really isn't an option.:fingerscrossed:

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

So, it's them and you.

It also stated the people in his house pulled guns.

Why should a person have to retreat from his own home anyway?

Mine will will fill a 5 inch circle at 100 yards, so talk about something you know about.

i went AK cause i'm lazy and don't want to clean the AR after taking it out just to look at it. :)

BANG.....you are dead.

Moron.

So, it's them and you.

It also stated the people in his house pulled guns.

Why should a person have to retreat from his own home anyway?

A question that needs asking. OnePercentBrainFunction can't seem to grasp that.

Forum List

Back