Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to stop seeking prison in some cases

I'm sure you do. But we've been trying the "lock them up" approach and the only ones who have benefited is the Prison Industrial Complex.

Some criminals are assholes.
Some of them are just desperate because they are hungry or addicted, despite this being the richest country in the world.

Look, if we just want to appease your anger, we could do that, but what we are doing DOES NOT WORK.

Maybe, and here's a crazy idea, we look at other countries to see what they are doing right.

No, it benefits the rest of us who don't have to deal with the assholes on the street.

Plenty of attempts at treating these people have been done, the simple fact is many of them DON'T FUCKING CARE.

I was mugged twice in the bad old days of NYC, and the perps were never caught.

Now when they are caught they are going to be let go to do it over and over.

In Queens we don't have as bad of a DA, but many people commute into Manhattan, and it's going to be feeding time in the shark tank.
Yep. So they have options:

#1) Buy a weapon to defend yourself
#2) Move
#3) Roll the dice and hope for the best

Don't worry the DA will surely go after any law abiding citizen who breaks one of the cities many weapons laws.

It's only criminals with 2" thick case files that are getting the revolving door treatment.
Yeah but the point is these politicians get elected and then appoint persons who implement such garbage. My issue is with the voters.

I'm sure you do. But we've been trying the "lock them up" approach and the only ones who have benefited is the Prison Industrial Complex.

Some criminals are assholes.
Some of them are just desperate because they are hungry or addicted, despite this being the richest country in the world.

Look, if we just want to appease your anger, we could do that, but what we are doing DOES NOT WORK.

Maybe, and here's a crazy idea, we look at other countries to see what they are doing right.
Crime is out of control in NYC, so the new strategy has already failed.

Same for me in MA along with my business. We are stuck in deep blue areas.

There are more of us than people realize, the problem is only some of us feel the need to vote.

The key is Republican parties in these States just putting up viable candidates that if not true Republicans, are at least more like the old school moderate Democrats.

You can't change the social side, but you sure as hell can be someone who makes government at least work.

Crime is out of control in NYC, so the new strategy has already failed.

The overall concept behind this is that many of the people are just criminals because of bad luck, mental disease, or drug abuse. The theory is that if you help/treat them they will suddenly give up their crime and become model citizens.

This ignores the fact that many of these methods have been tried on people like this repeatedly, and most go back to being criminals. Unless you create programs that FORCE the mentally ill into facilities, FORCE the drug addicts to become clean, you will never get anywhere.

No, it benefits the rest of us who don't have to deal with the assholes on the street.

Plenty of attempts at treating these people have been done, the simple fact is many of them DON'T FUCKING CARE.

I was mugged twice in the bad old days of NYC, and the perps were never caught.

Now when they are caught they are going to be let go to do it over and over.
Ah, yes, Hell Hath No Fury Like a white person slightly inconvenienced.

Over the years, I've had my car and house broken into. Don't know who did it, but at the end of the day, I got over that.

What we need are intervention programs, not to keep throwing people into prison.

There are more of us than people realize, the problem is only some of us feel the need to vote.

The key is Republican parties in these States just putting up viable candidates that if not true Republicans, are at least more like the old school moderate Democrats.

You can't change the social side, but you sure as hell can be someone who makes government at least work.
I agree but in MA we have a giant student and healthcare populations and they lean far left.

The overall concept behind this is that many of the people are just criminals because of bad luck, mental disease, or drug abuse. The theory is that if you help/treat them they will suddenly give up their crime and become model citizens.

This ignores the fact that many of these methods have been tried on people like this repeatedly, and most go back to being criminals. Unless you create programs that FORCE the mentally ill into facilities, FORCE the drug addicts to become clean, you will never get anywhere.

Except we don't do that. We don't treat prisoners for mental illness or addiction. We just lock them up... In many ways, they come out worse than when they went in...

Well, the new plan ain't working for shit...lol

Except he didn't treat the underlying causes... he treated the symptoms... and it's questionable if he really did, because Crime declined at the same rate in NYC as it did in the rest of the country between 93 and 01.

The underlying causes of crime are

1) Poverty
2) Racism
3) Mental Illness
4) Addiction
5) Proliferation of Guns.

None of those problems were solved by Guliani sending out cops to frisk random black people.
Deflect, deflect , deflect. We don’t expect a low level person like you to understand how stopping small crimes prevents worse ones from happening. Of course, Joe HAS to throw the race card. Sorry (not really) to destroy your fantasy but crime exploded after YOUR kind got rid of those policies.

Hey, CreepyCultBoy, the reason I don't want you to have a gun is you are 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Given that you have expressed a desire to murder women who have abortions, government officials, and people who commit petty crimes, I'm more frightened of you than some kid who just wants my wallet.

So no actual harm and stuff that can be replaced. Locking them up for a year seems fair.

Again, 43 times more likely to kill a household member... You're a danger to yourself and others.

I agree... and the problem here is that you are a danger to each other, because a lot of you have guns that shouldn't.

Another time I defer to Ian Malcolm to describe Joe’s verbal diarrhea....

1641859278467.jpeg

Deflect, deflect , deflect. We don’t expect a low level person like you to understand how stopping small crimes prevents worse ones from happening. Of course, Joe HAS to throw the race card. Sorry (not really) to destroy your fantasy but crime exploded after YOUR kind got rid of those policies.

Crime Exploded because Trump wrecked the economy...

Not because cops stopped shaking down black people for being black with intent.

Crime Exploded because Trump wrecked the economy...

Not because cops stopped shaking down black people for being black with intent.
When was Trump mayor of NYC you moron? Your idiocy knows no bounds. People like YOU are the problem. Coddling criminals and resorting to the race card because you have ZERO argument. By the way you racist misogynist, it’s Xiden who’s wrecked the economy with his near record inflation. Why don’t you leave for Venezuela, North Korea, or some other shithole where you’ll feel right at home?

Forum List

Back