Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to stop seeking prison in some cases

You must really love crime victims, to so staunchly support polices that have no other intent or effect than to create more and more of them.

Except whose policies are creating crime victims?

One more time- the Europeans have NOWHERE near these levels of problems. They don't lock up millions of people like we do. (most lock up less than 100K)

1641933825540.png

Most of the other G-7 countries (with the exception of Japan) have abolished capital punishment.

1641933875326.png

There are all sorts of programs for that in prison, the issue is plenty of criminals don't care about them.

Prison programs are a joke.

I remember a few years back a videotape emerged of Serial Killer Richard Speck in his prison cell with his buddies, doing drugs, and exclaiming, "If people knew how much fun I was having, they'd let me out." (This tape emerged after Speck died. I personally wonder how they were able to smuggle the camera into prison, given how big video cameras were in the 1980's.

That's very close to the very same lie that Democraps used to sell 2014 Proposition 47 here in California. By reducing attention/enforcement of what were defined as relatively petty crimes, we were going to be made safer by shifting that attention to more serious crimes. And far too many of my fellow Californians were stupid enough to believe it. The result has been a massive surge in crimes, now being committed with impunity by criminals who know that they are at no risk of legal consequences for them.

I think that has a lot more to do with Trump collapsing the economy...

The criminologists found that crime rates in the combination of states that resembled California but did not have a new law like Proposition 47 were about the same after the California measure passed.

That indicated that Proposition 47 did not cause the California crime trends, Kubrin and Bartos concluded. The trends held true for several categories of serious crime, including homicide, rape, assault, robbery and burglary.

California’s combined prison and jail population peaked at about 256,000 in 2006. Since then, it has dropped by about 55,000.

Please note that last part. The Supreme Court ruled that California's prison overcrowding constituted cruel and usual punishment.

Why? Because California prisons were crowded to 200% of capacity.

Except whose policies are creating crime victims?

One more time- the Europeans have NOWHERE near these levels of problems. They don't lock up millions of people like we do. (most lock up less than 100K)

View attachment 586607

Most of the other G-7 countries (with the exception of Japan) have abolished capital punishment.

View attachment 586609

Prison programs are a joke.

I remember a few years back a videotape emerged of Serial Killer Richard Speck in his prison cell with his buddies, doing drugs, and exclaiming, "If people knew how much fun I was having, they'd let me out." (This tape emerged after Speck died. I personally wonder how they were able to smuggle the camera into prison, given how big video cameras were in the 1980's.

But the key was they were in THERE, not out here with US.

But the key was they were in THERE, not out here with US.

Except we were talking about locking up the guy with a drug addiction problem, not Richard Speck. Richard Speck SHOULD have been locked up for life. The kid who stole your wallet shouldn't be. More than likely, he would be a productive member of society if he got treatment for his addiction. You know, like Rush Limbaugh or Cindy McCain did.

Except we were talking about locking up the guy with a drug addiction problem, not Richard Speck. Richard Speck SHOULD have been locked up for life. The kid who stole your wallet shouldn't be. More than likely, he would be a productive member of society if he got treatment for his addiction. You know, like Rush Limbaugh or Cindy McCain did.

The guy with drug addiction has usually had multiple chances at rehab, in prison and out. The ones who keep doing it have failed miserably, and deserve to be in prison if they took my wallet, after taking multiple people's wallets.

NY already tries the whole "fix them" thing with first time and even second or third time offenders.

If the law won't protect me, then maybe I need to take the law into my own hands.

The Criminal's "addiction" is to the idea of wanting a free ride by sticking people up, instead of making his own way. He needs to learn how to respect other people property and a quick nickel in the penitentiary will do exactly that.

Stealing people's shit in the joint can put them in danger of a trip to the infirmatory if not the morgue.

Most criminals aren't just dope heads.

Wanted career felon commits armed robbery, is charged with misdemeanors under Bragg

9f97cb3d6ef6fbd488edcef96196e16f180a3135.jpeg

SEE: Knife-wielding suspect has felony charge reduced under Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg’s policies

January 11, 2022

"Cops charged Rolon with first-degree robbery and criminal possession of a weapon in the first incident, sources said.

But when he was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court early Sunday morning, the robbery charge was dropped by the Manhattan DA’s Office and he was instead charged with two counts of petit larceny and related low-level offenses, including second-degree menacing, court papers show."

Keep in mind that menacing in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor, and the petit larceny charges are also misdemeanors.

The article goes on to note the perp, William Rolon, 43, arrested on Saturday, was "... wanted in Brooklyn for failing to appear in court in October on charges that include felony assault with a weapon . . . "

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their most formidable domestic enemy.

The guy with drug addiction has usually had multiple chances at rehab, in prison and out. The ones who keep doing it have failed miserably, and deserve to be in prison if they took my wallet, after taking multiple people's wallets.

NY already tries the whole "fix them" thing with first time and even second or third time offenders.

If the law won't protect me, then maybe I need to take the law into my own hands.

Yes, I'm sure that's your wank fantasy...

We don't spend nearly enough on drug treatment for the poor. Oh, if you are a rich addict, you will get every courtesy, which is why Limbaugh never went to prison. (And for the record, as much as I despise Limbaugh, I thought sending him to prison would be a useless gesture.)

We don't spend nearly enough on drug treatment for the poor. Oh, if you are a rich addict, you will get every courtesy, which is why Limbaugh never went to prison. (And for the record, as much as I despise Limbaugh, I thought sending him to prison would be a useless gesture.)

Actually Limbaugh was exonerated of the charges that the liberal Palm Beach DA cooked up against him.

And the whole thing was so absurd. The DA made a deal with notorious dope dealers to try and entrap the Maha Rushdie.

Rush would have never have been in trouble at all if he was a liberal. Just like Bill Clinton and James Carville who were allegedly smuggling cocaine out of Mena Airport.

Actually Limbaugh was exonerated of the charges that the liberal Palm Beach DA cooked up against him.

And the whole thing was so absurd. The DA made a deal with notorious dope dealers to try and entrap the Maha Rushdie.

Rush would have never have been in trouble at all if he was a liberal. Just like Bill Clinton and James Carville who were allegedly smuggling cocaine out of Mena Airport.

They had Limbaugh dead to rights emailing his maid trying to get Oxycotin on top of his doctor shopping to get multiple prescriptions... Oh, yeah, and he had to check into Rehab because he was popping so many pills.

Now, I agree, the DA going after him WAS absurd. So is going after all these poor kids for taking drugs, or locking up the girlfriends of drug dealers for not ratting out their partners.

Good luck to Eric Adams reducing crime in Manhattan.

Manhattan DA to stop seeking prison sentences in slew of criminal cases

I work in Manhattan, so that means some guy can mug me on the subway and unless he is really really violent, he would get a most a fine and maybe probation.

The Democrats are the party of criminals.

Here's a bit of light at the end of that tunnel:

"Manhattan Prosecutors Walking Out Over New DA's Easy on Crime Memo​

Prosecutors in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office are leaving in droves after he told them in a "Day One" memo to seek lesser charges or prison time against suspects.

"I know one [ADA] who was with the office over 20 years who left without a job," said a law enforcement source."They didn’t want to work in this kind of office. They wanted to continue prosecuting the law."

In his memo, Brigg said the assistant district attorneys should not seek prison sentences for many criminals, and that they were to downgrade some felony charges to misdemeanors. There is already an online petition seeking his removal, and at least a dozen lawyers have quit their jobs in the past two weeks."
www.newsmax.com

Manhattan Prosecutors Walking Out Over New DA's Easy on Crime Memo

Prosecutors in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office are leaving in droves after he told them in a "Day One" memo to seek lesser charges or prison time against suspects.
www.newsmax.com
www.newsmax.com

We throw money at the problem, and the metric is how much money thrown, not actual impacts.

NYC has a large treatment program, shelters for the homeless, and plenty of programs for them. We throw billions of dollars at the issue, and get nothing in return.

The Democrats are the party of criminals.

Meet Kristan Richardson Jordan, elected by the nitwits in New York City​

Absolute insanity has infested the Democrat Party Leadership in NYC. Another example of this insanity is Kristan Richardson Jordan, NYC Council member’s thinking:

42ce1fdc46ee44ff54a429314cf49ab94189a1a4_2_690x387.jpeg

98b2f8393260911b13dbe76aa77189ede0101463.jpeg

57dd5c98391dd6d77f02c91160482badd41ab986.jpeg

The bottom line is, NYC voters who voted for Bragg, Adams and Jordan, deserve everything coming their way.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

Meet Kristan Richardson Jordan, elected by the nitwits in New York City​

Absolute insanity has infested the Democrat Party Leadership in NYC. Another example of this insanity is Kristan Richardson Jordan, NYC Council member’s thinking:

42ce1fdc46ee44ff54a429314cf49ab94189a1a4_2_690x387.jpeg

98b2f8393260911b13dbe76aa77189ede0101463.jpeg

57dd5c98391dd6d77f02c91160482badd41ab986.jpeg

The bottom line is, NYC voters who voted for Bragg, Adams and Jordan, deserve everything coming their way.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

That's only the City Council.....

Watch this:

Kristen Clarke, Bigot and Liar
President Joe Biden's nominee to lead the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division offered a series of answers that strained credulity and veered into outright falsehood.
The most bald-faced of the lies Kristen Clarke offered in her own defense relates to her activism while a Harvard University undergraduate in the 1990s.
Pressed about a 1994 letter published in the Harvard Crimson making the case that blacks are intellectually and physically superior to whites, Clarke waved it off as a "satirical" attempt to refute The Bell Curve, which came out the same year.
Everybody knew she was joking, she said, when she wrote that "black infants sit, stand, crawl and walk sooner than whites," and, in a demonstration of scholarly rigor, pointed to the work of the writer Carol Barnes to assert that "human mental processes are controlled by melanin—that same chemical which gives Blacks their superior physical and mental abilities."
The letter concluded: "It is completely naive to say that Blacks have achieved economic equality with whites. It seems that whites have grown tired of hearing about racism." Was that False. The editors of the Crimson called on her to retract her claims. In an editorial titled, "Clarke Should Retract Statements," they wrote: "We searched in vain for a hint of irony in Clarke's letter." She had, they concluded, "resorted to bigotry, pure and simple."a joke, too?
Kristen Clarke, Bigot and Liar - Washington Free Beacon

"In an interview with Tucker Carlson, Clarke insisted that when employers hire people, skin color is highly relevant and should carry a “premium.” She even applied this rule to heart surgeons and airline pilots, jobs which have a direct impact on whether people live or die (see the video below at around the 2:30 mark). She called skin color “incredibly important” in making these hiring decisions.

In short, people should be judged by the color of their skin, after all — at least when it comes to employment decisions.

King’s statement about how people should be evaluated provides a good working definition of “racist.” If you evaluate people by the color of their skin, then you are a racist.

By that definition, Kristen Clarke is a racist."

“In her most recent letter to The Crimson, Clarke still refuses to take a stand: "[The Melanin Theory] is not necessarily something we believe, but some information we think those pursuing a true understanding of The Bell Curve should either address, ignore or refute."

Clarke's tactics are disturbing for several reasons. First, that Clarke refuses to explicitly deny the theories she has brought up raises the possibility that she actually believes them. Enough said.” Fire With Fire | Opinion | The Harvard Crimson

"Merrick Garland defends DOJ nominee Kristen Clarke, who called Blacks superior

Attorney General nominee Merrick Garland defended Kristen Clarke, the attorney tapped to lead the Justice Department’s civil rights division, during a heated exchange with Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, at his confirmation hearing on Monday.” Merrick Garland defends DOJ nominee Kristen Clarke, who called Blacks superior

They Were For It....And Now They're For It. #27

The 'Skin-Color Party'????

Let's check:

============================================

"Kristen Clarke, Joe Biden’s choice to lead the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, believes black people are superior to white people because they possess more melanin.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson obtained shocking statements Clarke made in 1994.

“Melanin endows blacks with greater mental, physical, and spiritual abilities — something which cannot be measured by Eurocentric standards.” Kristen Clarke wrote."

“Melanin Endows Blacks with Greater Mental, Physical and Spiritual Abilities” (VIDEO)
Kristen Clarke, Joe Biden’s choice to lead the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, believes black people are superior to white people because they possess more melanin. Fox News host Tucker Carlson obtained shocking statements Clarke made in 1994. “Melanin endows blacks with greater ment ...

thespectator.info

What's wrong with racism?

“Biden Justice Department Pick Opposed Enforcing Civil Rights Laws Against Blacks
he incoming Justice Department civil rights chief has a history of opposing civil rights prosecutions of black defendants, opposing a complaint against an African-American Democratic leader who discriminated against white voters.
As an NAACP lawyer, Kristen Clarke lambasted the Justice Department for bringing a complaint against an African-American party boss in Mississippi who worked to suppress white votes, according to a federal probe. On a separate occasion, a federal oversight commission investigated claims that Clarke worked with allies at the Justice Department to quash the prosecution of the Black Panthers who menaced voters outside a Philadelphia precinct in 2008.
Clarke's professional history suggests a staunchly ideological approach to civil rights enforcement where touchstone civil rights laws are applied to advantage some demographic groups but not others.”
Biden Justice Department Pick Opposed Enforcing Civil Rights Laws Against Blacks

We do have too many people in prison. We should emulate those countries that have managed to keep prison populations down. Middle Eastern countries remove a hand or a foot for petty theft. Singapore uses public whipping or caning for misdemeanors. There is no reason why we could not adopt these kinds of alternatives. Apologies and restitution doesn't work.

Apparently she is a Marxist nutjob.

Chosen by the Democrat Party......

Get my drift?
We do have too many people in prison. We should emulate those countries that have managed to keep prison populations down. Middle Eastern countries remove a hand or a foot for petty theft. Singapore uses public whipping or caning for misdemeanors. There is no reason why we could not adopt these kinds of alternatives. Apologies and restitution doesn't work.

Much of the origination of the problem would be eliminated if we simply passed a law forbidding Democrats/Progressives/Liberals from holding any offices what allow them power.

Forum List

Back