🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Map of Ancient Israel Where Jesus Walked

How was Jesus supposed to be a Muslim but Islam didn't come around until after his death? I'm confused now.:confused:

By Islamic faith, Islam was the first religion and all prophet (Including Abraham, Moses, and Jesus) were all Muslims.

So there are no Jews and Christians, everyone is a Muslim?

According to Islam, all prophets were Muslims, that will be correct.

According to Islam, every newborn exiting his/her mother's womb, is born Muslim, it's only later that they shoce if to be staying "believers" (Muslims) or "Kuffar" (Jews, Christians, etc)

Most ancient history is.
Actually history is actually quite interesting. Not revisionist history, which is what some engage in. If you keep an open mind and throw away your biases, it's amazing how much one can learn, and how so many commonly held beliefs are actually false.

There's a problem with what you label "history" and "revisionist history". All history is "revisionist" and all history is subject to interpretation by whomever writes, remembers it, translates it or embroiders it. And all of it is biased.
Not all history is revisionist. Did you consider most of what they taught you in school or university as revisionist? Calling Israel, Palestine when their wasn't even a Palestine back then, is revisionist. That's what happens when your identity is a house of cards built on lies.

Actually history is actually quite interesting. Not revisionist history, which is what some engage in. If you keep an open mind and throw away your biases, it's amazing how much one can learn, and how so many commonly held beliefs are actually false.

There's a problem with what you label "history" and "revisionist history". All history is "revisionist" and all history is subject to interpretation by whomever writes, remembers it, translates it or embroiders it. And all of it is biased.
Not all history is revisionist. Did you consider most of what they taught you in school or university as revisionist? Calling Israel, Palestine when their wasn't even a Palestine back then, is revisionist. That's what happens when your identity is a house of cards built on lies.

History is constantly being revised - hence it's revisionist. History is usually written by the victors, hence it's going to be biased.

Palestine is the conventional name for an area in the ME. There was a Palestine under the Ottomans and under the mandate. There was no Israel for 3000 years until 1948 when it was re-invented. Most ancient history is compilation of translated histories, guesswork, mythology, and information extrapolated from archaeology. It strikes me as ridiculous to try to demean the history of others by claiming they are an "invented" people.

All people were, at one time, invented.

History is constantly being revised - hence it's revisionist. History is usually written by the victors, hence it's going to be biased.

Palestine is the conventional name for an area in the ME. There was a Palestine under the Ottomans and under the mandate. There was no Israel for 3000 years until 1948 when it was re-invented. Most ancient history is compilation of translated histories, guesswork, mythology, and information extrapolated from archaeology. It strikes me as ridiculous to try to demean the history of others by claiming they are an "invented" people.

All people were, at one time, invented.
Coyote, I suggest you review the history of Israel and it's meaning to Jews and Judaism throughout the millennia, before you compare that, to an identity acquired by Arabs in the 20th century, which had little or no meaning to Muslims or Arabs before then. Israel did not cease to exist, nor did the Jewish love for the land. Almost all of Judaism's traditions and rituals from marriage to birth to burial etc. has to do with Israel and Jerusalem. Your view of the whole situation is simplistic at best. I suggest you do some reading and independent research so that you don't sound biased, when making blanket statements like the one you just did. It seems like you've fallen for a few of the propaganda lines that are being promoted on this board.

to the person Yehoshua ben Yosef----called by convention
"jesus" in the USA as a kind of greekified version of
YESHUA which may have been a kind of nickname used
in aramaic -----he himself was from "ISRAEL" in that his
family lived in a place called "nazareth"----which is also
a kind of nick name for an area of ISRAEL I do not think
that back then it was a formal name for that area but
I am not sure

Forum List

Back