March 2014 one of coldest in over 100 years in Central New York

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Weather: March 2014 one of coldest in over 100 years in Central New York | syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. -- The March we just endured in Central New York was among the coldest in the past century.

March 2014 is likely to go down in the books as the fifth-coldest since records began in 1903.

The average temperature for March looks like it will end up at 25.8 degrees -- about 8 degrees below the normal of 34 degrees. Just six days this month were at or above normal temperatures; the rest were as far as 22 degrees below a typical March.

(Average temperatures for any day are calculated by adding the high and low, then dividing by two.)

March has been so cold it's felt more like a typical January, when the average temperature is 23.6. We only cracked 50 degrees twice in March. December, January and February were all below normal, too.

The first day of April should finally feel like spring. The forecast is for lots of sun and a high of 56.

You're confusing 'weather' and 'climate'. Neither one is ever supposed to change, except when they don't. Thank you.

You're confusing 'weather' and 'climate'. Neither one is ever supposed to change, except when they don't. Thank you.

I figured there were a lot of people in NY that bought hybrids and purchased carbon credits.

I mean according to the left, doing both of those things was suppose to help with the calamity of man made global warming.

I am truly wondering how long it will be before these nut jobs take credit for the cooling that has taken place over the last 15 years.

There has been no cooling in the last 15 years. All ten of the warmest years on record have occurred in that period. Even 2013, an Enso neutral year, was in the top ten. And, according to at least half the organizations keeping such records, in the top five. Australia had it's warmest year on record in 2013, and many other areas were warmer, as well. The Arctic has been way above normal temperatures for most of this winter. As has much of central Asia. Our eastern seaboard and mid-west was cooler than it has been for the last 50 years, but not colder than the normal winters were a century ago.

There has been no cooling in the last 15 years. All ten of the warmest years on record have occurred in that period. Even 2013, an Enso neutral year, was in the top ten. And, according to at least half the organizations keeping such records, in the top five. Australia had it's warmest year on record in 2013, and many other areas were warmer, as well. The Arctic has been way above normal temperatures for most of this winter. As has much of central Asia. Our eastern seaboard and mid-west was cooler than it has been for the last 50 years, but not colder than the normal winters were a century ago.

So buying hybrids over the last 10 years or so has not worked?

Neither has purchasing carbon credits?

We figured so.

Wait, maybe it has.....hold on....

C3: Global Cooling: Data/Evidence/Trends

IPCC Gold-Standard Confirms: CO2 No Longer Has Any Global Warming Impact On Month of February

Even the gold-standard global temperature dataset that the UN's IPCC relies on confirms the disappearance of global warming.....

Despite the billions of taxpayer dollars spent on both the global warming research and associated IPCC reports, the "consensus expert" climate change predictions have been spectacularly wrong.

When analyzing February global temperatures since 1980, the supposedly powerfully "warming" atmosphere trace gas CO2 has been of questionable impact.

As this chart indicates, whatever impact it may have had, clearly CO2 "global warming" cannot be counted as one of them, since 1998.

Ahh...those stubborn climate facts that are despised by the doomsday alarmists.

6a010536b58035970c01a3fce4c9ad970b-450wi

Satellites Confirm: Despite A Near Trillion Tonne Human CO2 Surge, Global Atmosphere Warming Goes AWOL

An analysis of satellite temperature dataset, through February 2014, identifies only two 5-year periods having significant warming and five periods that exhibit either zero warming or cooling.....the consensus experts' predicted reaction, by the climate, to a surge of human CO2 emissions is not supported by empirical evidence

The adjacent chart clearly depicts the lack of the predicted global warming since the decade of the 1990s.

Utilizing a straight-forward, empirical analysis of the RSS satellite temperature dataset reveals a rather tenuous (non-existent?) relationship between global atmospheric warming and CO2 emissions.

As the chart suggests, a brief global warming spike has morphed into an extended global cooling phase, which the consensus experts have identified as 'the mysterious global-warming hiatus'; plus being forced to trot-out a wild variety of excuses as to why their AGW predictions have failed.

Unfortunately, the GWNs, and their compatriots in the green climate-doomsday-is-near cult, continue to reject the actual scientific empirical evidence, such as the above chart.

More of 'those-stubborn-fact' climate charts.

Download datasets used to calculate the five-year change (starting base month is February 1979) of RSS atmospheric temperatures; cumulative CO2 emission tonnes, from 1979 through 2013. Don't know how to chart in Excel? It's easy. Go here to learn how.

6a010536b58035970c01a51175b1be970c-450wi

And we had the warmest January to March in history out here in Utah.

Ongoing serious climate change is a fact, and the deniers will simply be pushed aside.

And we had the warmest January to March in history out here in Utah.

Ongoing serious climate change is a fact, and the deniers will simply be pushed aside.

Yeah, we already know the so called deniers are being pushed aside.

We all get that.

You, bragging that you are simply part of the ignorant, brainwashed herd is pretty funny. That is all you and your types are too. Brainwashed herd of sheep who cannot see the real reasons for the push of this sham called man made global warming.

You can simply throw out the facts. Hell, you and your types throw out the actual facts for virtually every issue.

I am sure the billions of dollars generated for the sake of green energy scams has nothing to do with the global push for the scam. Naaaah.

Liberals are so easy to lie to. They still think Bush and Cheney rigged wtc#7 and planned 911 with al qaeda to get more oil and award Halliburton with no bid contracts. Yeah, they still believe that.

What is 'normal'?

Please tell the class, what was the temperature of The Arctic 300 million years ago?

The problem with climate science is twofold. First is the problem that it is so chaotic that predictions even year to year cannot be made, only on much longer timescales meaning that no cause and effect proof can be brought out to point to.

Second is the line of stupid people who dumbly point to the first fall of snow as some sort of tell-tale sign and then mock roll their eyes at fellow stupid people and snigger about "what do these scientists really know" whilst surfing the net on their cell phones, eating their genetically modified foods and watching the TV pictures bounced of satelites and never paying the slightest heed to who might have invented all of those things.

I'm personally a skeptic about climate change, not that carbon emissions should be curbed as that's just common sense, but about just how climate change evangelists seem to think that the climate is somehow a balanced system and that the earth's natural; state is to have ice caps in the first place. Geology tells us that the Earth for the vast majority of it's existance hasn't had ice caps but it having them is still good for us so any action we take to speed up their demise should be discouraged.

The problem with climate science is twofold. First is the problem that it is so chaotic that predictions even year to year cannot be made, only on much longer timescales meaning that no cause and effect proof can be brought out to point to.

Second is the line of stupid people who dumbly point to the first fall of snow as some sort of tell-tale sign and then mock roll their eyes at fellow stupid people and snigger about "what do these scientists really know" whilst surfing the net on their cell phones, eating their genetically modified foods and watching the TV pictures bounced of satelites and never paying the slightest heed to who might have invented all of those things.

I'm personally a skeptic about climate change, not that carbon emissions should be curbed as that's just common sense, but about just how climate change evangelists seem to think that the climate is somehow a balanced system and that the earth's natural; state is to have ice caps in the first place. Geology tells us that the Earth for the vast majority of it's existance hasn't had ice caps but it having them is still good for us so any action we take to speed up their demise should be discouraged.

Yeah, that is all well and good and all. Then again, every Summer the Gorebots come out and claim that man is the cause of it.

No, we have done more than simply state that since it is a cold day that it means MAN MADE global warming is false. We have provided a lot more data than that. Then when you combine the sheer sums of money generated from green scam after green scam then it needs to be seen for what it is.

Have you purchased carbon credits? No? Why not? Is that a scam or legit? If it truly does help the planet and really prevents those ice caps from disappearing, then why are you not purchasing them?

Want me to list the 31000 scientists that signed that petition in regards to the false claims of MAN MADE global warming. Let me know, and decide whether or not if that is the same thing as us saying that a cold day is proof that MAN MADE global warming is false. Then again....a WHOLE MONTH being one of the coldest on record in a day and age when CO2 is being pumped into the atmosphere at such a rate does not really make sense....does it? How, if the cause of the warming is from all of the CO2 (this is according to every man made global warming claim) then how can there be such a cold month?

Oh never mind. We are the morons, cause we are the deniers. Regardless of what we have provided and the facts that contradict the CO2 claims.

Want me to list the amounts of money generated? Let me know and I will love for you to deny that that is a factor in the MAN MADE claims.

All this climate chagne BS is based upon computer models that are consistently incorrect. But the AGW fascist religion wants people believing, "Well.....its a computer generated model......of course its going to be accurate." But they arent.........they are frequently off.

Then there is this cherrypicking of the temperature data........like weather that was cold this winter doesnt count. What a load of shit.........any morphing of the data to fit the narrative. Thats the gameplan. Think about it.......15 years ago, these cheesdicks were ALL saying we'd no longer see snow because the computer models were showing that. Now we see mega amouonts of snow, but now the religion says this is expected with warming!!! What a load of shit.

It snowed this am in southern New York. No big deal to me......happened my whole life. Depends ont he year. Next year, tax day it might be 75 degree's. But this am.....walked into my local convenience store which is owned by a Turkish family. The young guy who usually runs it is visiting there for a month so Im talking to his uncle who owns the store. Tells me it was so cold over the last 6 months in Turkey, much of their apricot crop was wiped out!!! Says Turkey is a huge exporter of apricots for the world ( who knew???!!:D! ).
So this guy is talking about recent winters there that have gone on forever and are bitter!!! I say to him, "Yeah....that damn global warming!!". He says, "You Americans are stupid falling for this global warming scam!!". Im laughing my balls off.......Im thinking here is a 60 year old guy from Turkey who thinks like me!!!

Last edited:

Yeah, that is all well and good and all. Then again, every Summer the Gorebots come out and claim that man is the cause of it.

No, we have done more than simply state that since it is a cold day that it means MAN MADE global warming is false. We have provided a lot more data than that. Then when you combine the sheer sums of money generated from green scam after green scam then it needs to be seen for what it is.

Have you purchased carbon credits? No? Why not? Is that a scam or legit? If it truly does help the planet and really prevents those ice caps from disappearing, then why are you not purchasing them?

Want me to list the 31000 scientists that signed that petition in regards to the false claims of MAN MADE global warming. Let me know, and decide whether or not if that is the same thing as us saying that a cold day is proof that MAN MADE global warming is false. Then again....a WHOLE MONTH being one of the coldest on record in a day and age when CO2 is being pumped into the atmosphere at such a rate does not really make sense....does it? How, if the cause of the warming is from all of the CO2 (this is according to every man made global warming claim) then how can there be such a cold month?

Oh never mind. We are the morons, cause we are the deniers. Regardless of what we have provided and the facts that contradict the CO2 claims.

Want me to list the amounts of money generated? Let me know and I will love for you to deny that that is a factor in the MAN MADE claims.

Do you know why the weight of all of the evidence of Climate Change being a fraud, a hoax or simply not being accurate hasn't convinced the vast majority of scientists of it's illegitimacy?

Because the weight of all of that evidence isn't convincing.

Don't get me wrong, I personally believe that we all actually crave something to fear and for a lot of people Climate Change has become the bogeyman that they choose to fear. It's no coincidence that it's affects were first warned of at the exact same time the Berlin wall fell and those who don't believe in it on this site have to make up myths of Muslim hoardes destroying the world or an LGBT conspiracy to gay up America or just Mexical illegals coming to steal other people's jobs and insidiously speak spanish.

The issue is that we know that CO2 warms up a planet, look at the surface temperatures and atmospheres of Mercury and Venus and measure their distances from the Sun and then do the math yourself. We also know that weather men get their predictions wrong all the time so there is no way that we're going to be able to accurately predict over the short term the affects of pumping CO2 in to the atmosphere. This doesn't mean we should give industry carte blanche to do it. We only have one of these planets to live on and so playing fast and loose with it is as dumb as we can get.

What I say is lets not all get our panties in a bunch, lets not burn every SUV now but lets not keep making gas guzzling engines and putting them in unnecessarily large vehicles whilst reading the scientific reports about how CO2 is harmless that were written by scientists who have their reaserch grants paid by the same companies churning out the gas guzzling engines.

Instead of carbon capture ponzi schemes maybe a simple incentivization of american companies to do what they do best and innovate, perhaps with a slow increase in taxation on pollutive products with a greater taxation on the import of equivolent products from abroad would not only cut carbon emmissions but provide an exportable technology helping to keep the USA at the top of the global tree, where it belongs.

Forum List

Back