March For Marriage Draws Tens, But Promises Ultimate Victory Over Obergefell

The Constitution is set up that way, if you don't like it, ask for an Amendment.

But that's not the same as the Supreme Court consistently taking the liberal side of great social issues and refusing to allow the American people to have any input.

Abortion and same sex marriage is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution, so the Supreme Court exceeded its lawful authority in deciding on these issues.

Actually, what SCOTUS did was realize that the abortion laws didn't work, since women were having abortions and no one was being prosecuted for having them.

Pretty much the same for gay marriage. those laws didn't really work and didn't make sense once the laws against sodomy were thrown out.

Then why did your side cheat and steal the victory?

My state rejected same-sex marriage TWICE in two separate elections.

Why do our votes not count?

I'm sure the 3 million people more who voted for Hillary over the Orange Shitgibbon wonder that.

The thing is, if one state recognizes gay marriage, all the other states have to recognize it, anyway. It's the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the constitution.

"Bake that fucking cake, Peasant"

If you don't want to bake a cake, you can always get out of the cake baking business...

Or your customers can put you out of business when you lose all your customers for being bigots in a progressive town, which is what happened to the wife-beater.

Again, that's not a choice, and why does government get to decide what a person does over such a small meaningless transaction?

If people want to boycott they can, get government out of it.

And again with the baseless accusations.

I can't believe people are still fighting this. WTF? Why do you care? How about minding your own business and worrying about things that truly need to be fixed? Whether two men or two women marry has absolutely no effect on you.
I think it has to do with "freedom" and "liberty", but please don't ask me for specifics.

If you can't provide specifics you have nothing to bleat about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe people are still fighting this. WTF? Why do you care? How about minding your own business and worrying about things that truly need to be fixed? Whether two men or two women marry has absolutely no effect on you.
I think it has to do with "freedom" and "liberty", but please don't ask me for specifics.
And ZOOM, right over his head.

Then why did your side cheat and steal the victory?

My state rejected same-sex marriage TWICE in two separate elections.

Why do our votes not count?

I'm sure the 3 million people more who voted for Hillary over the Orange Shitgibbon wonder that.

The thing is, if one state recognizes gay marriage, all the other states have to recognize it, anyway. It's the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the constitution.

That means they have to recognize it, but they don't have to issue it.

Some States issue marriage licenses to first cousins, others do not. But all marriages are recognized.

Obergfell should have allowed States to issue or not, but recognize all. That would have been the constitutional decision.

And they don't realize that by trying to punish people for not wanting to participate in such unions, them marrying IS impacting people.

It's gotten so crazy that some guy is being banned from a farmers market because he said something on FACEBOOK despite not denying anyone service at said farmer's market.

East Lansing Bans Apple Farmer From Market For Being Faithful Catholic

As a Catholic taught to treat everyone with dignity and respect, Steve has gladly served and sold apples to all comers, regardless of their sexual orientation. Steve doesn’t discriminate. Okay, so what’s the problem then? Well, in 2016, Steve posted on the Country Mill Facebook page about his Catholic belief that marriage should be between one man and one woman and that his farm could only host weddings consistent with his faith.

Well, that did it. Normal rules go out the window when that subject comes up. Although his decision violated no law in Charlotte, it did violate East Lansing’s orthodoxy on that issue. After hearing about Steve’s beliefs, East Lansing officials expelled Steve, telling him that Country Mill could no longer participate in the Farmer’s Market. When Steve asked why, the officials responded that County Mill’s “general business practices” outside the city had violated East Lansing’s “anti-discrimination” law. As proof of his wrongdoing, officials pointed Steve to his Facebook post that explained his religious beliefs.

And they don't realize that by trying to punish people for not wanting to participate in such unions, them marrying IS impacting people.
You're correct about that, and as authoritarians, they certainly are ready to punish if they possibly can.

I think attitudes about this will continue to change, I'm pro-gay marriage, but the authoritarians continue to go too far.

You don't get any smarter as time goes on. Private contracts still involve government because contracts are provided for in law.....law passed by government.And the larger question is what purpose would it serve? As I said:

Another question is how does a private contract compel third parties such as employers, the government, and health care providers to recognize the marriage. ? It is a stupid as stupid gets idea. Stop whining and bleating about it.
Quit beating your old limp dick, it looks silly. You've made it crystal clear you're little more than a dickhead, insulting my intelligence isn't meaningful.

Contracts involve governments only if it goes to court, in that case one side or both pay. There's no divorce court now? Getting government out of it would be much less involvement, not MORE. Most cases would come down to attorneys if it came down to it. You can marry 5 men if you want. All shared property or none. It's up to you.

Third parties, businesses and governments would NOT be compelled to offer benefits to spouses, THAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT! DUH. WTF is wrong with you?

You're correct about that, and as authoritarians, they certainly are ready to punish if they possibly can.

I think attitudes about this will continue to change, I'm pro-gay marriage, but the authoritarians continue to go too far.

Check your quote reference, you attributed my statement to another poster.

The only way attitudes will change 100% is basically the elimination of the current large Religions as we see them now. I know that some people see this as a feature, not a bug in the whole LGBT advocacy process.

It's gotten so crazy that some guy is being banned from a farmers market because he said something on FACEBOOK despite not denying anyone service at said farmer's market.

As a Catholic taught to treat everyone with dignity and respect, Steve has gladly served and sold apples to all comers, regardless of their sexual orientation. Steve doesn’t discriminate. Okay, so what’s the problem then? Well, in 2016, Steve posted on the Country Mill Facebook page about his Catholic belief that marriage should be between one man and one woman and that his farm could only host weddings consistent with his faith.

Well, that did it. Normal rules go out the window when that subject comes up. Although his decision violated no law in Charlotte, it did violate East Lansing’s orthodoxy on that issue. After hearing about Steve’s beliefs, East Lansing officials expelled Steve, telling him that Country Mill could no longer participate in the Farmer’s Market. When Steve asked why, the officials responded that County Mill’s “general business practices” outside the city had violated East Lansing’s “anti-discrimination” law. As proof of his wrongdoing, officials pointed Steve to his Facebook post that explained his religious beliefs.

The over reaction to anti-same sex marriage has gotten out of hand, for sure.

I have no problem with people having their own religious views.

The over reaction to anti-same sex marriage has gotten out of hand, for sure.

I have no problem with people having their own religious views.

That's an easy statement to make, but the follow through is the issue.

We have some posters that see Religion as something to be done only in Church.

Third parties, businesses and governments would NOT be compelled to offer benefits to spouses, THAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT! DUH. WTF is wrong with you?
And that is exactly why your idiotic idea will fail. Who the hell is going for that?
Everyone with a brain should. No business or government (that the people are forced to pay for) should be compelled to foot the bill for a homophile's "spouse". Benefits were given because nature provide for future workers and tax payers. Now that's off the table to accommodate political correctness. Once the government promotes the idea gender no longer matters it's become too corrupt to be involved.

And that is exactly why your idiotic idea will fail. Who the hell is going for that?
Everyone with a brain should. No business or government (that the people are forced to pay for) should be compelled to foot the bill for a homophile's "spouse". Benefits were given because nature provide for future workers and tax payers. Now that's off the table to accommodate political correctness. Once the government promotes the idea gender no longer matters it's become too corrupt to be involved.
Thank you for admitting that your sole motivation for pushing this hogwash is out of bigotry against gays-while at the same time, being to stupid to know that gay people raise families of "future workers ( if in fact that is the purpose of marriage ) just like everyone else.

Thank you for admitting that your sole motivation for pushing this hogwash is out of bigotry against gays-while at the same time, being to stupid to know that gay people raise families of "future workers ( if in fact that is the purpose of marriage ) just like everyone else.
I said no such thing, I said you were dickhead and you ran back to your computer to prove it. I said all along same genders are unnatural, DUH! I said we should be forced to pay for it. Bone who you want but keep us out of it. The homophiles only get their kids from those that nature provides, you keep dodging the point. Probably due to your aforementioned condition.

So all gov't benefits for married couples is to encourage creating future tax payers? WTF?

I find it amusing that so many claim that reproduction is the basis for marriage and for the benefits married people receive. And yet, having children is neither required nor even mentioned in marriage rituals or where benefits are concerned.

So all gov't benefits for married couples is to encourage creating future tax payers? WTF?

I find it amusing that so many claim that reproduction is the basis for marriage and for the benefits married people receive. And yet, having children is neither required nor even mentioned in marriage rituals or where benefits are concerned.
God wanted traditional marriage between a man and woman. It's imperative that we blessed heterosexual children of the Lord Almighty abide by those moral guidelines.

Forum List

Back