March Madness is around the corner.

NCAA basketball has been rendered pointless until the season is practically over. Making money off of the stupidity and obliviousness of fans who are all too willing to pay.
Used to be that every game during the season had bearing.
Excitement beginning in December.
Now it’s just three weeks, end of March and two weeks into April.
What a waste.

NCAA_Tournament_Basketball_02908-0fe8a.jpg

I love this first weekend, it is absolutely fun to watch. Upsets, buzzer beaters, big dogs and little dogs, it’s all enjoyable.

I used to watch the 76ers....but not anymore
So you’re a butt hurt philly fan waiting for them to be great again.

The last time they were great Alan iverson won game 1 against Kobe and Shaw. I so hoped he would beat them, but they swept the 76rs the next 4 games.

The last time you guys won was dr j.

I’m a redwings fan. They were great back with Steve iserman but have sucked ever since. I can only watch hockey when my team is great. But I can watch the nba finals even if my team isn’t in it.

I don’t even know who played in the Stanley cup finals last year or who’s in first place now.

This is a really lackluster tournament so far.

Baseball was my favorite sport growing up in the 1960's. When Curt Flood did not want to go to the Philies in the Dick Allen deal, the "reserve clause" which binded a player to a team was thrown out by a federal judge opening up free agency. The result was to many strikes, a massive increase in costs to go to a game, reduced player loyalty and steroids that has destroyed the integrity of the sport. For that was a game where old men talk about records of great players and who was the best. Not anymore. It did however provide All Star Game baseball home run contests with 500 foot home runs.
I'm still a Red Sox fan but the magic is nothing like when I was a Pirates fan as a kid. Dad took me to game 3 of the '71 Pirates - Orioles World Series and I got to see some of my heroes play like Roberto Clemente and Brooks Robinson...at the old Three Rivers Stadium.
The tigers had so many great players come and go.

2009 we had Miguel Cabrera, Curtis granderson broke records that year,

Justin verlander too. 19 wins that year.

Soon after that we lost granderson to New York and we got and lost max scherzer. So hard to keep a good team together. How golden state and the patriots do it I don’t know.

I used to watch the 76ers....but not anymore
So you’re a butt hurt philly fan waiting for them to be great again.

The last time they were great Alan iverson won game 1 against Kobe and Shaw. I so hoped he would beat them, but they swept the 76rs the next 4 games.

The last time you guys won was dr j.

I’m a redwings fan. They were great back with Steve iserman but have sucked ever since. I can only watch hockey when my team is great. But I can watch the nba finals even if my team isn’t in it.

I don’t even know who played in the Stanley cup finals last year or who’s in first place now.
hahahha-negative
I haven't watched BBall for over 40 years

Central Fla is hangin with Duke so far....
And as soon as I said that, Duke went on a 12 - 2 run before halftime.

I was getting goosebumps when they lobbed that ball to the 7'6" guy for CF dunks. And his blocks and rebounds! Great stuff against the best (Zion W.) CFU had that game. Duke got away with it again!

Heart-broken now. They let Duke go over the back on late FT rebound?

Wrong year bracket.....i am pretty sure.
I was only 2 years off. :lmao:
It’s really nice to have Michigan State and Michigan still in the tournament. If MSU can beat LSU Thursday and duke beats Virginia then MSU gets to try and knock off duke. And if MSU can’t stop duke Michigan might get a chance if they make it to the final 4.

Then they have to win the championship game against Oregon

Forum List

Back