Mark Cuban Disavows Libertarianism And Goes Full Communist

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

This coronavirus has really exposed a lot of these so-called conservative laissez faire free-marketeers....It's almost like they are trying to claim free markets are ill-equipped to deal with a pandemic without relying on big government....added to that list is billionaire Libertarian Mark Cuban.....who completely rebuked the brilliant (as well as sexy) Ayn Rand in favor of Karl Marx Communism....

"Until recently, Cuban leaned libertarian in his thinking — citing Ayn Rand as an influence — but said the COVID-19 crisis, which has infected nearly 1 million Americans, shifted his beliefs. "I thought government had a role, but smaller government was always better than bigger government. And that all changed," Cuban said in a wide-ranging interview. The 61-year-old billionaire now argues that when we emerge from this crisis, "there's going to be a completely new dynamic --- "If you were to ask me four months ago whether I thought we could lose 26 million jobs and potentially many more within the space of a month, I would have said, 'You're crazy. There's just no way that's going to happen,'“ Cuban said. “And so dogma's got to go out the window.”

It is sickening how people are willing to disavow their strongly held political dogmas -- just because the current reality isn't conforming to that dogma...just shameful....but that is typical of Libertarians I guess.....

This coronavirus has really exposed a lot of these so-called conservative laissez faire free-marketeers....It's almost like they are trying to claim free markets are ill-equipped to deal with a pandemic without relying on big government....added to that list is billionaire Libertarian Mark Cuban.....who completely rebuked the brilliant (as well as sexy) Ayn Rand in favor of Karl Marx Communism....

"Until recently, Cuban leaned libertarian in his thinking — citing Ayn Rand as an influence — but said the COVID-19 crisis, which has infected nearly 1 million Americans, shifted his beliefs. "I thought government had a role, but smaller government was always better than bigger government. And that all changed," Cuban said in a wide-ranging interview. The 61-year-old billionaire now argues that when we emerge from this crisis, "there's going to be a completely new dynamic --- "If you were to ask me four months ago whether I thought we could lose 26 million jobs and potentially many more within the space of a month, I would have said, 'You're crazy. There's just no way that's going to happen,'“ Cuban said. “And so dogma's got to go out the window.”

It is sickening how people are willing to disavow their strongly held political dogmas -- just because the current reality isn't conforming to that dogma...just shameful....but that is typical of Libertarians I guess.....
When was this? An interview a week ago, he said he didn’t. Even stated only 770,000 Americans make minimum wage.

Where does he mention communism?

Reading the article, seems they may have put words in his mouth. Notice no quotation marks around that claim-
The 61-year-old billionaire now argues that when we emerge from this crisis, "there's going to be a completely new dynamic," which will include the need to increase the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.

i have to eat crow. Went back and listened again. Yes, he did state it.

Last edited:

wanting big government to come in and determine how much an employer must pay their employee and how big government should be handing Americans UBI's and government jobs is communism...

Or at least that is what you morons will call it the minute a "DEMOCRAT" says it....

wanting big government to come in and determine how much an employer must pay their employee and how big government should be handing Americans UBI's and government jobs is communism...

Or at least that is what you morons will call it the minute a "DEMOCRAT" says it....

Where did he say that? As has been pointed out, it appears someone put words in his mouth.

Where did he say that? As has been pointed out, it appears someone put words in his mouth.
I corrected my post. He actually did say it. Went back and found the interview again.

Forum List

Back