"..Marriage has always been between a man and a woman."

So may question is why gays? why not polygamists? incest, ect?

Personally I'm against incest because it can generate children with severe physical/mental deformities. That hurts a third party.

Polygammy? Sure go ahead. I can care less. If no one is impeding my free will, why should I impede theirs???

so you would be OK with homosexual incestuous marriages?

To answer the question, "would I be "OK" with or promote homosexual, incestuous marriages"? No. Personally, I think that's pretty gross and would never be "OK" with my two sons getting married.

However, I value consistency over all things when it comes to this stuff; would I call/fight for it to be illegal? No. If 1 out of 10,000,000 men want to marry their brother I'm not going to fight them.

That's my answer.

This is about the method used to achieve a desired result. There is no compelling reason to make up a right and use the courts to force states to modify the marriage contract to allow for same sex marriage if the State does not want to.
The constitutional argument for same sex marriage may not hinge on rights but rather the equal protection clause in the 14th amendment. However, whether the advocates for same sex marriage win may depend more on the weakness of the argument of the opposition than their own argument. It can be very difficult to come up with a legal argument against same-sex marriage without relying upon religious doctrine which is inadmissible.

it shouldn't be in the courts at all. Equal protection does not apply as marriage between opposite sex and same sex couples is not equal. This is an issue for the state legislatures to figure out, as the constitution is neutral on the topic.

even California voted against 'gay marriage'....

but it seems the liberal courts somehow 'know better'.....:eusa_hand:

(not a new thing...)

The constitutional argument for same sex marriage may not hinge on rights but rather the equal protection clause in the 14th amendment. However, whether the advocates for same sex marriage win may depend more on the weakness of the argument of the opposition than their own argument. It can be very difficult to come up with a legal argument against same-sex marriage without relying upon religious doctrine which is inadmissible.

it shouldn't be in the courts at all. Equal protection does not apply as marriage between opposite sex and same sex couples is not equal. This is an issue for the state legislatures to figure out, as the constitution is neutral on the topic.

(not a new thing...)

the will of the people means nothing to tyrants. liberalism can only survive with tyrants in power.

Well, of course, all of us democrats look to Bill and Hillary as the prime example of what a marriage should be.....

(Before responding, turn on your sarcasm detector).

Last edited:

(not a new thing...)

the will of the people means nothing to tyrants. liberalism can only survive with tyrants in power.

under liberalism/leftism no religion means no values....

this position must be established by twisting the Constitution and silencing the voice of the people...

What is the opposition to gay marriage? Please be succinct. Why is there so much outcry over gay marriage?

Do you oppose gay marriage for religious reasons? If so, then you need to be reminded that your religious beliefs are not US law. You are NOT allowed to pass laws defending your religious beliefs over all others. It is the very first national rule set by the First Amendment.

Do right-wing Republicans want to abolish the First Amendment of the US Constitution in order to favor their religious beliefs above all others?

The freedom to be with whomever you want... knock yourself out

Your attempt to use government to force someone else to accept your chosen actions.. that is where the line is to be drawn

Treat everyone equally.. and get government out of things that are not to be under government control for marriage...

Get the same tax rate.. great... get inheritance rights.. great... get counted on a census.. great... getting government to be part of your little tantrum because someone does not want to be a part of your actions... not great... your freedom as a homosexual is not any more important than the freedom of those who do not like the act of homosexuality or events and actions that celebrate it

Prohibitions on Murder and stealing are in the bible, so I guess laws against both are 1st amendment violations. By your logic they are and must be repealed.
We must have laws against murder and stealing, not because of a religious belief but because civilized society can not exist without such laws. The only justification why two people of the same sex should not be allowed to marry is because it goes against some people's religious beliefs or it's unnatural and that's not going to be good enough in the courts.

Defenders of gay marriage in court, avoid any reference to religion as justification or traditional values arguments but rather fall back on states rights. That's exactly what defenders of segregation did over 50 years ago and we know how that turned out.

those values came directly from the Bible....gosh what'll we do now...get rid of them....? :eusa_whistle:

since gay defenders avoid religion they should also avoid the use of the term 'marriage'...since marriage and religion have been interlinked for eons...

since when does a whole working-well together civilization need to change their belief system to accomodate a strident minority...?
toleration is one thing but forced acceptance is another...

should we next accomodate Islam and allow them to string up gays...?
Marriage is not solely a religious institution. It's a civil institution and it is that civil institution that courts are concerned. As a civil institution, it dates back to the ancient Romans and Greeks.

Although the holiness of marriage was recognized early on in Christianity, the actual marriage as a ceremony and a sacrament within the church did not take place until the 12th century. Ancient Jewish weddings never involved a wedding ceremony like we see today. Most marriages in the world were, until very recently, arranged Marriages, for business purposes not love or even procreation. For many centuries, religion played little or no part in marriage. Basically, the history of marriage is rooted in a legal marriage contract rather a religion ceremony.

10173518_744142658940935_561692361_n.jpg

Marriage can only exist between One Man and One Woman...

That's a Natural and Biological Fact. :thup:

:)

peace...

peace...

The Cross at the end of the Dishonest Meme is the best...

Why do Homosexuals go to places that don't want them?...

If a Church said what I did and Believed in was an Abomination and Sin I would not attend that Church or Respect their Gospel.

The only Reason the Gays are there is to Change the Faith.

They don't want to be Christians... They want Christians to not be Christians.

What a Sad place we've come to in this Society.

peace...

Last edited:

peace...

If a Church said what I did and Believed in was an Abomination and Sin I would not attend that Church or Respect their Gospel.

peace...
Since homosexuality is a sin, what better place for homosexuals than a church.

peace...

peace...
Since homosexuality is a sin, what better place for homosexuals than a church.

Because they are not there to Repent their Sin and Abomination and be part of the Church... They are there to Demand the Church stop saying that it is and Ignore their Doctrine and Faith in favor of the Gays.

peace...

We must have laws against murder and stealing, not because of a religious belief but because civilized society can not exist without such laws. The only justification why two people of the same sex should not be allowed to marry is because it goes against some people's religious beliefs or it's unnatural and that's not going to be good enough in the courts.

Defenders of gay marriage in court, avoid any reference to religion as justification or traditional values arguments but rather fall back on states rights. That's exactly what defenders of segregation did over 50 years ago and we know how that turned out.

those values came directly from the Bible....gosh what'll we do now...get rid of them....? :eusa_whistle:

since gay defenders avoid religion they should also avoid the use of the term 'marriage'...since marriage and religion have been interlinked for eons...

since when does a whole working-well together civilization need to change their belief system to accomodate a strident minority...?
toleration is one thing but forced acceptance is another...

should we next accomodate Islam and allow them to string up gays...?
Marriage is not solely a religious institution. It's a civil institution and it is that civil institution that courts are concerned. As a civil institution, it dates back to the ancient Romans and Greeks.

Although the holiness of marriage was recognized early on in Christianity, the actual marriage as a ceremony and a sacrament within the church did not take place until the 12th century. Ancient Jewish weddings never involved a wedding ceremony like we see today. Most marriages in the world were, until very recently, arranged Marriages, for business purposes not love or even procreation. For many centuries, religion played little or no part in marriage. Basically, the history of marriage is rooted in a legal marriage contract rather a religion ceremony.

which is exactly why marriage should be a reflection of The People's vote and values not a court ruling...different societies have accomodated different types of marriage throughout history.....

so are all types of marriage now considered a 'right' in this country....?

Top 10 Different types of Marriages - List Dose

peace...

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Jesus's only commandment was to love one another, and to teach people to love one another (unconditionally). That is the single most important teaching and thus comes first before all else.

A man who is gay who teaches all to love unconditionally, and is effective at teaching this is a much more valuable "Christian" - ie follower of Christ - than a straight man who cannot teach this principle.

So, I say judge the quality of Christian on their propensity to teach and share love, not who they are attracted to in a sexual way. I think the gay issue blinds a lot of Christians, and manifests in a way that perverts the true teachings of Christ.

Last edited:

peace...

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Jesus's only commandment was to love one another, and to teach people to love one another (unconditionally). That is the single most important teaching and thus comes first before all else.

A man who is gay who teaches all to love unconditionally, and is effective at teaching this is a much more valuable "Christian" - ie follower of Christ - than a straight man who cannot teach this principle.

So, I say judge the quality of Christian on their propensity to teach and share love, not who they are attracted to in a sexual way. I think the gay issue blinds a lot of Christians, and manifests in a way that perverts the true teachings of Christ.

gay Christians are not hung up on the word 'marriage'. they do not have an agenda to destroy traditional marriage.

gay Christians are not hung up on the word 'marriage'. they do not have an agenda to destroy traditional marriage.

I just said judge the quality of a Christian based on his/her propensity to love and share love.

If a gay Christian puts a marriage agenda BEFORE Christ's #1 commandment, I'd categorize him as just a poor of Christian as the guy who puts "being straight" above all things, and wants to keep the church "clean of homosexuals".

Love is #1. I feel like a lot of Christians forget that.

Last edited:

I just said judge the quality of a Christian based on his/her propensity to love and share love.

If a gay Christian puts a marriage agenda BEFORE Christ's #1 commandment, I'd categorize him as just a poor of Christian as the guy who puts "being straight" above all things, and wants to keep the church "clean of homosexuals".

BELIEVE GOD'S WORD!!!!God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.
romans 1:24-32

BELIEVE GOD'S WORD!!!!God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

Did you catch my point? I’m not sure you did.

Christianity was started by Jesus Christ. Jesus taught many things but is widely recognized as giving his followers a single major commandment – which is to love one another.

If you’re a follower of a man who gave only one single commandment – to love – wouldn’t you put that principle above all other things no matter what? Wouldn’t it be more important to focus on the fact that a gay pastor is effectively teaching all of his followers to LOVE ONE ANOTHER vs the fact that he is gay?

Did you catch my point? I’m not sure you did.

Christianity was started by Jesus Christ. Jesus taught many things but is widely recognized as giving his followers a single major commandment – which is to love one another.

If you’re a follower of a man who gave only one single commandment – to love – wouldn’t you put that principle above all other things no matter what? Wouldn’t it be more important to focus on the fact that a gay pastor is effectively teaching all of his followers to LOVE ONE ANOTHER vs the fact that he is gay?

YES!!! JESUS LOVES SINNERS BUT JESUS ALSO HATES SIN. IF YOU LOVE JESUS you will obey his word.

Forum List

Back