"..Marriage has always been between a man and a woman."

YES!!! JESUS LOVES SINNERS BUT JESUS ALSO HATES SIN. IF YOU LOVE JESUS you will obey his word.

Of course.

But I think until the world has mastered Jesus One singular commandment – to love one another – a Christian’s focus should not stray elsewhere.

Heck, I’m not a Christian but if I knew this was the #1 goal of a church (vs. fighting gay marriage and all that jazz) I would be much, much, much more intrigued to sit in and learn.

JESUS loves the sinner but hates his sin. ==JESUS SAYS TO THE WOMAN caught in adultry==And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
JESUS SAYS TO THE MAN HE had healed=Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, “Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you.” john 5:14

JESUS loves the sinner but hates his sin. ==JESUS SAYS TO THE WOMAN caught in adultry==And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
JESUS SAYS TO THE MAN HE had healed=Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, “Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you.” john 5:14

Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 corinthians 6:9-10

But some sins are "worse" than others - right?

Wouldn't you want to focus on the biggest sin of all - not loving your brethren - before moving onto other secondary, less important sins?

As long as the love problem persists, I don't think you guys should spend a single second worrying about gay marriage.

Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 corinthians 6:9-10

Well, can't you say that if you don't love all people absolutely, that's a sin too and you won't inherit the kingdom of God?

That is the one commandment Jesus gives, after all.

It's not an easy thing to do, I'm working on it and suggest you do the same.

Wouldn't you want to focus on the biggest sin of all - not loving your brethren - before moving onto other secondary, less important sins?

As long as the love problem persists, I don't think you guys should spend a single second worrying about gay marriage.[/QUOTE===========HERE is what GOD'S WORD says about sexual perversion=====Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 corinthians 6:9-10==========God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.
Romans 1:24-32

===========HERE is what GOD'S WORD says about sexual perversion=====Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 corinthians 6:9-10==========God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

But Jesus also said - as his one commandment - that you must love one another. If you have not mastered this, you TOO will not inherit the kingdom of God, because you'd be breaking the biggest sin of all.

If you do not love absolutely, how are you any different from the guy who commits sexual sins? You guys are in the same boat. Quit focusing on them and focus on yourself first.

Focus on love first.

History doesn't bear out the OP, and perhaps more importantly, if one wanted to define domestic relations law by what is found in the Talmud, the Rel Right would have a coronary.

What is the opposition to gay marriage? Please be succinct. Why is there so much outcry over gay marriage?

Do you oppose gay marriage for religious reasons? If so, then you need to be reminded that your religious beliefs are not US law. You are NOT allowed to pass laws defending your religious beliefs over all others. It is the very first national rule set by the First Amendment.

Do right-wing Republicans want to abolish the First Amendment of the US Constitution in order to favor their religious beliefs above all others?

I think Hillary's quote in the OP sums it up for many. What don't you get? Many are religious and have their beliefs, which they are entitled to. Just because some stick by that instead of changing according to political winds, you criticize.

I have no problem with people holding convictions and speaking out. The only thing I have problems with are hypocrites who do things for political reasons. And I have issues with those who aren't content to merely state an opinion and go as far as to harm others. Speaking out against gay marriage is acceptable. Beheading gays is unacceptable. I still can't understand why the left ridicules religious people who merely object to gay marriage, yet remain silent on the senseless and brutal murder of gays by a certain other religion.

Neither Clinton nor Obama spoke out against marriage equality and neither ever supported anti gay legislation. If either of them had donated to the Prop Hate campaign, then it could be comparable.

Are people who object to interracial marriage on religious grounds "acceptable" or should their bigotry be called out?

As long as the love problem persists, I don't think you guys should spend a single second worrying about gay marriage.[/QUOTE===========HERE is what GOD'S WORD says about sexual perversion=====Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 corinthians 6:9-10==========God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

I nominate GIMYS as the #1 poser/thread derailer in the history of this website.

GIMYS is actually sitting in drag in the Castro District in San Franfreakshow, surrounding by his lisping giggling buddies doing his best "batshit crazy bible thumper" and screwing up the religious argument inserting flaws right and left.

He thinks he'll get an Oscar for his performance. He daydreams often of walking down the red carpet to receive that golden phallus and give his acceptance speech thanking his mother, all his good and special "pals" and most of all that janitor in the elementary school that locked him in the bathroom every day so they could "clean" together.. How utterly boring life would be without that man!

Last edited:
What is the opposition to gay marriage? Please be succinct. Why is there so much outcry over gay marriage?

Do you oppose gay marriage for religious reasons? If so, then you need to be reminded that your religious beliefs are not US law. You are NOT allowed to pass laws defending your religious beliefs over all others. It is the very first national rule set by the First Amendment.

Do right-wing Republicans want to abolish the First Amendment of the US Constitution in order to favor their religious beliefs above all others?

I think Hillary's quote in the OP sums it up for many. What don't you get? Many are religious and have their beliefs, which they are entitled to. Just because some stick by that instead of changing according to political winds, you criticize.

I have no problem with people holding convictions and speaking out. The only thing I have problems with are hypocrites who do things for political reasons. And I have issues with those who aren't content to merely state an opinion and go as far as to harm others. Speaking out against gay marriage is acceptable. Beheading gays is unacceptable. I still can't understand why the left ridicules religious people who merely object to gay marriage, yet remain silent on the senseless and brutal murder of gays by a certain other religion.

Neither Clinton nor Obama spoke out against marriage equality and neither ever supported anti gay legislation. If either of them had donated to the Prop Hate campaign, then it could be comparable.

Are people who object to interracial marriage on religious grounds "acceptable" or should their bigotry be called out?

First race =/= sexual choices in action

Second... you have the freedom to call out bigotry against interracial marriage.. you have the freedom to call out out prejudiced actions against gay people.. you have the freedom to call out bad behavior aimed at wiccans.. you have the freedom to speak out against a lot of things.. however, you do not get to force someone to be a part of the actions of another person, force them to personally accept something they do not like as an action of another person, nor do you get to make someone support another's choices in their lives...

I may not like it or think it is stupid when a business person does not want to provide their services to a gay event or a jewish event or whatever other event for someone else's chosen path in their life.. but I am not one to use government to force them to give up their freedom of choice for the freedom of choice of another

I nominate GIMYS as the #1 poser/thread derailer in the history of this website.

GIMYS is actually sitting in drag in the Castro District in San Franfreakshow, surrounding by his lisping giggling buddies doing his best "batshit crazy bible thumper" and screwing up the religious argument inserting flaws right and left.

He thinks he'll get an Oscar for his performance. He daydreams often of walking down the red carpet to receive that golden phallus and give his acceptance speech thanking his mother, all his good and special "pals" and most of all that janitor in the elementary school that locked him in the bathroom every day so they could "clean" together.. How utterly boring life would be without that man!

Wassa matter Sil, GIMYS taking your non sequitur thunder?

Second... you have the freedom to call out bigotry against interracial marriage.. you have the freedom to call out out prejudiced actions against gay people.. you have the freedom to call out bad behavior aimed at wiccans.. you have the freedom to speak out against a lot of things.. however, you do not get to force someone to be a part of the actions of another person, force them to personally accept something they do not like as an action of another person, nor do you get to make someone support another's choices in their lives...

I may not like it or think it is stupid when a business person does not want to provide their services to a gay event or a jewish event or whatever other event for someone else's chosen path in their life.. but I am not one to use government to force them to give up their freedom of choice for the freedom of choice of another

Why not first chase fully loving every single person you encounter? That is a huge task to accomplish, and was Jesus's only commandment. Do you think Christians (as a whole) are doing a good job of TRULY focusing on this #1 law?

Again, unconditionally loving everything and everyone is extremely hard to attain. That's a principle Buddhists will spend an entire lifetime trying to achieve through meditation, etc.

I think that until THAT problem is solved (people not loving each other), all other things come second.

Why not first chase fully loving every single person you encounter? That is a huge task to accomplish, and was Jesus's only commandment. Do you think Christians (as a whole) are doing a good job of TRULY focusing on this #1 law?

Again, unconditionally loving everything and everyone is extremely hard to attain. That's a principle Buddhists will spend an entire lifetime trying to achieve through meditation, etc.

I think that until THAT problem is solved (people not loving each other), all other things come second.

HERE is what GOD'S WORD says about sexual perversion=====Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 corinthians 6:9-10==========God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

YES!! SEXUAL PERVERSION IS AN ABOMINATION but the perverts worse sin is his trying to deny his sin is sin and therby the sexual pervert trys to deny the TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD!!!=thus sexual perversion is a compound sin.

YES!! SEXUAL PERVERSION IS AN ABOMINATION but the perverts worse sin is his trying to deny his sin is sin and therby the sexual pervert trys to deny the TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD!!!=thus sexual perversion is a compound sin.

Not trying to love each and every other being on this planet is also an abomination (according to Jesus). That was his one commandment.

Are you guilty of this sin? I know I am, but I'll tell you what I'm working at it.

Not trying to love each and every other being on this planet is also an abomination (according to Jesus). That was his one commandment.

Are you guilty of this sin? I know I am, but I'll tell you what I'm working at it.[/QU==================================YES!!! WE Believers love sinners, WE believers are sinners too but we, as GOD commands, love the sinner but hate his sin!!!

No, that isn't okay. The First Amendment was written as it is written specifically to prevent 75 Christians from voting in religious dogma which limits the freedom of the other 25 people. That is the very first rule in the US Constitution. That is why it was written.

That's a bunch of bullshit. It was written to keep the State from demanding that Baptists become Episcopalians. It wasn't intended to squelch the wishes of the voters, especially Christians.

The problem that the Gaystapo has had from the beginning is that NO LAW was ever written to prevent them from doing anything they wished, the State was just saying what it would recognize as marriage and what benefits it would offer to the institution long recognized to be the best way to raise children, who will eventually become citizens, soldiers, and taxpayers.

This makes perfect sense. Then the loony left gets involved, and nothing makes sense.

Last edited:
No, that isn't okay. The First Amendment was written as it is written specifically to prevent 75 Christians from voting in religious dogma which limits the freedom of the other 25 people. That is the very first rule in the US Constitution. That is why it was written.

That's a bunch of bullshit. It was written to keep the State from demanding that Baptists become Episcopalians. It wasn't intended to squelch the wishes of the voters, especially Christians.

you're half right. It was indeed to prevent the Anglican Church of England, or the Puritans who hated it, from being decalred the official religion and forcing other Christians to obey their mystical edicts on any of a variety of social issues.

The OP only works if Hillary is still against gay marriage. Otherwise it's a lame attempt at character assignation.

Wha?

Also Hillary was never really against gay marriage, she lied to make herself more palatable to the electorate.

lol...I guess that could be called "Freudian Grammar".

as·sig·na·tion
ˌasigˈnāSHən/Submit
noun

an appointment to meet someone in secret, typically one made by lovers.
"his assignation with an older woman"
synonyms: rendezvous, date, appointment, meeting; More

the allocation or attribution of someone or something as belonging to something.

Forum List

Back