Marriage v Holy Matrimony

WethePeopleUS

Mar 14, 2013
United States of America
I am just trying to clarify:

Holy Matrimony is religious. It happens in the Church. Its sanctity is defined and can be defended.

MARRIAGE is a social and legal contract that provides rights, obligations, privileges, and protections that are not offered to those who are unwed. Unlike holy matrimony, marriage is a civil right! To deny our own citizens civil rights, is the most un-American thing we can do!

Holy Matrimony is religious. It happens in the Church. Its sanctity is defined and can be defended.

MARRIAGE is a social and legal contract that provides rights, obligations, privileges, and protections that are not offered to those who are unwed. Unlike holy matrimony, marriage is a civil right! To deny our own citizens civil rights, is the most un-American thing we can do!

Use of the non-contextual term "marriage" is part of the problem because it causes confusion about whether "marriage" is a religious term of a legal term, when in fact it is both and they are separate depending on Context.

Religious Marriage: The joining of two (or more) people under the religious doctrine of a religious organization. Religious Marriage can include differen-gender couples, same-gender couples, or groups of more than two people. Religious Marriage is not recognized by government entities for " rights, obligations, privileges, and protections" under the law.

Civil Marriage: The joining of two people under Civil Law establishing a family relationship where one did not exist before. In the United States, Civil Marriage can exist for different-gender couples only or for both different-gender and same-gender couples depending on geography. Civil Marriage does not need to be recognized by religious organizations as a valid Religious Marriage.

>>>>

reagan-thumbs-up.jpg

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

jaouc.jpg

Last edited:

Holy Matrimony is what Robin says to Batman when he is the subject of a shotgun wedding.

Forum List

Back