Married GOP Rep. Caught Kissing Staffer In Surveillance Video

Rightwingers used to claim that what Bill Clinton did was wrong.

Now they use it as their model to justify their support for Republicans who do the same thing.

If you ever find yourself wondering what people mean when they talk about the destruction of the Republican brand, remember this topic. Remember your reflex was to roll out a parade of tu quoque fallacies instead of condemning the trash you should be taking to the curb.

Remind us what difference it makes to you. How does it impede his ability to do his job? It's between him and his wife. Butt out.

I already explained it to you, dumbass, in post 25. I can't help it if you fail to comprehend.

OK so there's no reason whatsoever. We get it.

Rightwingers used to claim that what Bill Clinton did was wrong.

Now they use it as their model to justify their support for Republicans who do the same thing.

while demanding democrats like Anthony weiner resign from congress.

but there's no hypocrisy there or anything......

Kissing a staffer is the same as sexual harassing a subordinate is the same as sending lewd pictures to young girls.
Yeah, we get it. You don't have a clue.

A Congressman says welfare people should have to take a piss test. He is then caught doing coke.

A Congressman thumps the Bible to get elected. He is then found to be an adulterer.

Instead of taking these pieces of trash to task, the faux Right rushes to defend them with a flood of tu quoque fallacies. "Clinton did it, too!"

Telling. Very telling.

I guess in the deranged minds of the faux Right, it is okay to make the laws of our land if you are stoned out of your gourd. I guess if you can't keep a sacred vow you made to God you can be counted on to keep your oath of office. In other words, it is now okay to be indistinguishable from a Democrat.

If they were Democrats they would be in favor of people doing coke and committing adultery and it would be OK.
As someone pointed out, more from the Alinsky playbook.

Tu quoque, or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency and not the position presented[2] whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit the position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument. To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, such behavior does not invalidate the position presented.

Tu quoque

A Congressman says welfare people should have to take a piss test. He is then caught doing coke.

A Congressman thumps the Bible to get elected. He is then found to be an adulterer.

Instead of taking these pieces of trash to task, the faux Right rushes to defend them with a flood of tu quoque fallacies. "Clinton did it, too!"

Telling. Very telling.

I guess in the deranged minds of the faux Right, it is okay to make the laws of our land if you are stoned out of your gourd. I guess if you can't keep a sacred vow you made to God you can be counted on to keep your oath of office. In other words, it is now okay to be indistinguishable from a Democrat.

If they were Democrats they would be in favor of people doing coke and committing adultery and it would be OK.

Again, you are defending a Republican for being like a Democrat. Idiot.

You have no principles at all. It is impossible for you to condemn the hypocrite McAllister. You'd rather be a hypocrite yourself than admit a Republican fucked up and should resign. You have revealed much about yourself and your total lack of principles.

Last edited:
Sample Wedding Vows

I, _____, take you, ______, to be my wedded wife. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others or even you. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus. Ever honoring God's guidance by His spirit through the Word, And so throughout life, no matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.

McAllister broke a solemn vow to God and his wife. So how can we expect him to honor this oath: "I do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States."

We can't.

When you defend him by saying, "At least he didn't do (fill in the blank)" or "Clinton did it, too", you are defending ADULTERY and a breaking of a vow to God!

As defenders of a hypocritical purported Christian and an adulterer, you completely obliterate your own integrity on any issues of the sacredness of the institution of marriage or religion.

Telling. Very telling.

You have no principles at all. It is impossible for you to condemn the hypocrite McAllister. You'd rather be a hypocrite yourself than admit a Republican fucked up and should resign. You have revealed much about yourself and your total lack of principles.

I am defending a Republican based on the new rules Democrats wrote. Those rules are that sex between two people is entirely a private matter and has no bearing on one's ability to do a job. I didnt make that up. I didnt write that. Democrats did. Those are the new rules. Under the old rules it wasnt like that. Wilbur Mills had to resign. Gary Hart was forced to quit the race. Those were the old rules in action. Barney Frank served many terms after using his townhouse as a gay brothel. Bill Clinton beat impeachment after perjury over sexual harassment, John Edwards' staff covered up his affair with a staffer while his wife lay dying. Those are the new rules.

Stop the presses!

TWO HUMANS were caught acting HUMAN.

At least one human caught being a hypocrite.

And now a boatload of other hypocrites have come charging to his defense.

Once again, the point is missed. THE GOP SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO BETTER THAN THIS GUY.

When the hell will the idiots ever figure this out?

Sample Wedding Vows

I, _____, take you, ______, to be my wedded wife. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others or even you. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus. Ever honoring God's guidance by His spirit through the Word, And so throughout life, no matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.

McAllister broke a solemn vow to God and his wife. So how can we expect him to honor this oath: "I do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States."

We can't.

When you defend him by saying, "At least he didn't do (fill in the blank)" or "Clinton did it, too", you are defending ADULTERY and a breaking of a vow to God!

As defenders of a hypocritical purported Christian and an adulterer, you completely obliterate your own integrity on any issues of the sacredness of the institution of marriage or religion.

So every congressman or elected rep who ever lied is now unfit for office? When you find a population of saints who want to run let us know, okay?

Stop the presses!

TWO HUMANS were caught acting HUMAN.

At least one human caught being a hypocrite.

And now a boatload of other hypocrites have come charging to his defense.

Once again, the point is missed. THE GOP SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO BETTER THAN THIS GUY.

When the hell will the idiots ever figure this out?
Hypocrisy--the last sin in American public life. Get over it.

I am defending a Republican based on the new rules Democrats wrote.

Now you are on record as being obedient to Democrats. Nice!

You are a fool.

Clinton was caught shoving cigars up the ass of a fat Jewish intern in the oval office, and every liberal blamed Kenneth Star for pursuing Clinton for lying under oath.

And....

Liberals not only did not give one shit that their lord Clinton did it, they respect him for disrespecting the office.

Every day liberals do not disappoint. They show new and clever ways to illustrate their pathetic hypocrisy.

Nope. Not the same.

Clinton did not yammer on and on about "family values" and what a good christian he is.

Yet another family values, christian GOP screwing around - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Clinton did not say -

“There’s no doubt I’ve fallen short and I’m asking for forgiveness,” the statement read. “I’m asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve. Trust is something I know has to be earned whether your a husband, a father, or a congressman. I promise to do everything I can to earn back the trust of everyone I’ve disappointed.”

Yeah. Clinton didn't put his hand on the bible when he was sworn in at all.... Just make believe! Maybe he did it to sell out to voters, by lying....

Forum List

Back