Martha Argerich

This is her performing in 1966....

And this is her last year, still performing at the age of 80 - all these complicated pieces from memory (by ear without sheet music).

Pretty amazing. I doubt she learned them by ear, as I do not see that as possible. Still, incredible memory and talent. I dropped piano after three years and rarely glanced at the music, after finding it in practice, but nothing like that. Memory only went so far.
What's your name again?

Pretty amazing. I doubt she learned them by ear, as I do not see that as possible. Still, incredible memory and talent. I dropped piano after three years and rarely glanced at the music, after finding it in practice, but nothing like that. Memory only went so far.
What's your name again?
Rick can tell you more betterer than me.
I do know she's been playing since she was 6 and that she speaks 6 or 7 different languages. She's notorious for canceling concerts and she doesn't come to the United States very often.

Rick can tell you more betterer than me.
I do know she's been playing since she was 6 and that she speaks 6 or 7 different languages. She's notorious for canceling concerts and she doesn't come to the United States very often.

I have done several instruments and a lot by ear and memory, but nothing like that. I speak one language (poorly). People like her are a different level in general.

I guess she's 81 now...... I have to say surprisingly attractive for her age.
At 81, I will probably be drooling and not recognizing or remembering even family except on a good day, much less whole pieces of music. All the men in my family tree, kick the bucket with Alzheimer's at 84 or 85, tops.

There are a growing number of reasons to move to Europe where the life expectancy is higher.
Yes, it might enable me to quietly lose all my faculties and live will probably be an increasingly wretched life, much longer. I think, instead, I shall have fun, while I may.

Forum List

Back