Marxist Pelosi Fixing Law to Eliminate God from Oath in House. Vote!

Should Pelosi eliminate "so help me God" from oaths in committees?

• No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

Liz Cheney said that the Democrat Party has become the Party of Karl Marx.

What do you think of this latest assault on American values by Nancy Pelosi?

The next step is throwing Christians to the Lions. Enough!

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

Please vote. And keep the lockstep ninnyhammering to a minimum, please.

Sneaking religion into government isn't "American values". It's actually anti-American values.

Lol
Where in the Constitution doesn’t say separation of church and state? You stupid ass motherfucker

Oh...you are saying there is no separation of church and state? Because, if you are.....you know which one will win......(hint: it won't be religion)

Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

:5_1_12024::bigboy:
PeacefulSnivelingLeafcutterant-max-1mb.gif

Right after you put on your AAA30 brassier, troll.

The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. The religious nuts should provide proof of their so-called God - or STFU.

Nobody is required to prove anything to you.

An ironic excursion for an entity trying to sell "god".

Delusional religious nuts are a hoot. We are governed by a "Godless" Constitution - not Biblical bullshit created by superstitious old sheep/goat herders.
But the godless constitution was massive low tax until 1913. Then we went to world war quickly. For some reason.
The Constitution didn't become godless until Obama was sworn in after the crookedest voting parlor offenses in American History. I guess the Athiests in the DNC think we will do nothing about it if they start whittling away at God's name being on everything that was dear to George Washington disappears, too.

Thank you for saying I'm a Hoot. It's an owl compliment.
There it is! We certainly knew that was behind everything......:71: as it usually is.

Oh? Nancy Pelosi screwing with the First Amendment is nothing? hmmmm

what the fuck does this have to do with the First Amendment?

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

A phrase that ironically enough goes against the teachings of the bible itself.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King
You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I understand your point and agree with you. However, what Pelosi is doing is censorship of the word "God". The Democrats took out the mention of God in their convention in 2012. That's the point, the mention of the word "God".
Then they should not serve in a Christian nation that serves God. That's what the founders were getting at. They were fed up with pandering, low-life Monarchs who abused their women and called them bad words.
The United States is not a christian nation nor do we serve your god. We are a secular nation where the majority of citizens are christian in some way and the government serves the People.....not some god.

You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

I understand your point and agree with you. However, what Pelosi is doing is censorship of the word "God". The Democrats took out the mention of God in their convention in 2012. That's the point, the mention of the word "God".
Then they should not serve in a Christian nation that serves God. That's what the founders were getting at. They were fed up with pandering, low-life Monarchs who abused their women and called them bad words.

We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God. We have individuals that are Christian but our country and government has never done the work of god.

Quote: "We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God."

You're gravely mistaken. All Colonial children who could walk, walked to their local House of God (church) to receive an education in reading, writing, arithmetic, and they used a Bible when the church people were too poor to buy little reader books, although some would copy and write them down if they had pen, ink, and paper, that is.

The children were also taught religion at home. 99% of those who signed the Declaration of Independence were Christians. One of them was a Presbyterian minister, I believe John Flynn may have been his name. The British went after all of their families and property first, if they could get at them. Someone wrote a book about that that was popular before the Democras went on this atheistic binge of their Pelosian leaders.
Yeah....they were FORCED to. People were fined if they didn't go to church. In Puritan Massachusetts, worse could happen.

This is what you admire?

what the fuck does this have to do with the First Amendment?

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

A phrase that ironically enough goes against the teachings of the bible itself.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King

The United States is not a christian nation nor do we serve your god. We are a secular nation where the majority of citizens are christian in some way and the government serves the People.....not some god.
Your disrespect for the religion of 75% of American citizens is duly noted.

Atheism isn't protected by the First Amendment, Dude or dudette. The Bill of Rights was written to protect Christian Pilgrims from the persecution their beliefs received before getting kicked out of screwed up Europe and its artsy fartsy Monarchs who hated the poor and negated them to be labeled peons, riff-raff, pisanos, etc.

But not to worry. Nobody will bother you if you leave our laws and protections alone.
What makes you think that only atheists believe that the term 'God' has no place in anything related to the govt?

We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God. We have individuals that are Christian but our country and government has never done the work of god.

The US absolutely IS a Christian nation. To deny that is being disingenuous.

"Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

^Who prayed that, then? Damn sure wasn't Tashib Mohammed.

Where is that in the Constitution?

Isn't there a way citizens can issue a petition to remove a really, really bad person from the House? Nancy Pelosi likely knows everything Hillary -"I lost everything off my Computer"-Clinton knows, including the information on rivals that were found in her area of the White House while she was living there.

Maybe that would wipe that smirk off her face if we petitioned to remove her evil influence from leadership. Because right now, she's leading our nation straight down..
Duh. It's called 'an election'.

How'd that work for ya last November?

Freedom OF religion. Not freedom FROM religion. There is nothing wrong with mixing religion with government in a symbolic fashion. Nobody is trying to mandate or force a religion on you.
Ah...so people HAVE TO HAVE A religion in their face in your America?

Atheism isn't protected by the First Amendment, Dude or dudette. The Bill of Rights was written to protect Christian Pilgrims from the persecution their beliefs received before getting kicked out of screwed up Europe and its artsy fartsy Monarchs who hated the poor and negated them to be labeled peons, riff-raff, pisanos, etc.

But not to worry. Nobody will bother you if you leave our laws and protections alone.
What makes you think that only atheists believe that the term 'God' has no place in anything related to the govt?

What makes you think anyone else other than an atheist believes that the term 'God' has no place in anything related to the govt or doesn't really give a crap? And there are a whole lotta people who think we got bigger problems to worry about than that.

There you go , once again, with they whining.
Little tRump b*tch

:5_1_12024::bigboy:
PeacefulSnivelingLeafcutterant-max-1mb.gif

Right after you put on your AAA30 brassier, troll.

Quote: "We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God."

You're gravely mistaken. All Colonial children who could walk, walked to their local House of God (church) to receive an education in reading, writing, arithmetic, and they used a Bible when the church people were too poor to buy little reader books, although some would copy and write them down if they had pen, ink, and paper, that is.

The children were also taught religion at home. 99% of those who signed the Declaration of Independence were Christians. One of them was a Presbyterian minister, I believe John Flynn may have been his name. The British went after all of their families and property first, if they could get at them. Someone wrote a book about that that was popular before the Democras went on this atheistic binge of their Pelosian leaders.
Yeah....they were FORCED to. People were fined if they didn't go to church. In Puritan Massachusetts, worse could happen.

This is what you admire?
Things change. Now your team is forcing our children to learn atheism, which is why many are now choosing home schooling and not public schools that dispense information on masturbation, safe sex, homosexual sex, and giving America back to races other than the American Indians who are shivering it out on hostile northern American plains instead of their seaside homes now going for $5 million per tiny seafront.

Proud of your recruits? How you gonna feed them when you've forced them to take charity all their lives?

What makes you think anyone else other than an atheist believes that the term 'God' has no place in anything related to the govt or doesn't really give a crap? And there are a whole lotta people who think we got bigger problems to worry about than that.
And still, here you are. You probably aren't aware that there are religions that don't ever utter the lord's name?

The US absolutely IS a Christian nation. To deny that is being disingenuous.

"Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

^Who prayed that, then? Damn sure wasn't Tashib Mohammed.

That is a very nice prayer...one man’s words that the country as a whole never lived up to.

Was the slavery of the time a Christ like action?

Was our treatment of the local people as we moved westward a Christ like action?

Do you even know what it means to be Christ like?

I do, and I'm not a Communist trying to turn America away from God like you. :1peleas:

"27. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." "

Which one of these 3 are you and Pelosi not doing, hmm?

The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals

You do a greater disservice to the Bible than I ever could by claiming this nation behaves in a Christ like manner.

If you knew anything about the Bible or Jesus you would know that he would be disgusted at the idea of a “Christian” nation. Christianity is supposed to be about a personal relationship with Jesus.

This nation was founded by Christians for Christians, flustered Gator, you've already outright lied about it. You wanna keep digging? Be my guest. :dig:

Religion and the Federal Government, Part 2 - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic | Exhibitions (Library of Congress)
Nope...it was founded by Men of the Enlightenment who wanted a new nation that was free of the shackles of religion being all wrapped up in government like in Europe. Plus they'd seen the horror of the Puritan theocracy.

Have any of you Lefties visited the MLK memorial in Washington DC? If you do, you will see scripture, after scripture, after scripture chiseled out in stone all around the memorial.

How can we let this stand with a separation of church and state?

The memorial must be torn down!!!!!!!!!!
Because.....he was a minister and a private citizen....NOT the government. I swear, religion must blind people if they keep showing us they cannot see obvious differences.

By "Christian nation", we are saying that Christianity is the predominant religious belief in the United States.

It is the majority religion that is for sure. But I do not think anyone could argue our government has ever acted in a Christian like manner.

Best post evah!
Government isn't supposed to act in any religious manner. The problem I see is the left will attack Christianity, but then ignore muslims that try to influence our government.
You never read President Washington's state writings, letters, and presidential commentaries, did you. Well, I did. He mentioned the Lord Almighty in almost every single thing he ever put to the pen. You have ZERO idea.
So?

Forum List

Back