Maryland Family dies because electric company puts profit above human decency

No, they died because the dad was an idiot. He was illegally tampering with the power, which resulted in them removing his access to it to prevent him from killing people, and so he killed them another way instead.
I don't think the facts are out on that yet. It was a rental property. Do you know whether he was responsible for the electricity bill in the first place? Or was it the landlord?

On several of my rental properties I include the electricity, water and gas in the monthly rent. Especially in the ones near a university campus where tenants tend to be a bit transient.

Now, that is a good point, but if it was part of the lease, then neither the landlord nor the tenant was paying the bill. If it was the landlord's fault, he should be charged with manslaughter or perhaps negligent homicide.

Did the landlord force the idiot to put a gasoline engine generator that puts off carbon monoxide in the house.
That is beyond stupid.

Guys like you are the ones who run generators indoors.

Just too dumb for words.

Bypassing where a meter used to be is not difficult either.

A couple of stubs of copper or even aluminum work quite nicely.

But doing it can get you killed. It takes a certain level of skill and a very steady hand.
in my 49 years of living, I've made it a point never to mess with anything Electrical. it has served me well.:)

Apparently it was t
Now, that is a good point, but if it was part of the lease, then neither the landlord nor the tenant was paying the bill. If it was the landlord's fault, he should be charged with manslaughter or perhaps negligent homicide.
He never had the electricity turned on,so I wouldnt think it's the landlords responsibility in this case.
I agree. And, since we know that the current tenant had never asked for service to be turned on, the fact that the illegal meter was providing electricity that he knew he wasn't paying for was probably due to his actions. So, the fact is that the tragedy happened because the guy wasn't paying his bill.
Wrong, the tragedy happened because someone was running a gasoline powered engine inside the house.

Which didn't happen until the illegally installed electric meter, which was allowing the home to use electricity they were not paying for, was removed.

The meter would have resulted in a fire, with the same result.

The dude was too stupid to live.
Unfortunately his stupidity took the lives of innocents instead of just his own
Nah, he was evil, not stupid.
the wages of sin is death. unfortunately, he took his kids with him.

Bypassing where a meter used to be is not difficult either.

A couple of stubs of copper or even aluminum work quite nicely.

But doing it can get you killed. It takes a certain level of skill and a very steady hand.
in my 49 years of living, I've made it a point never to mess with anything Electrical. it has served me well.:)
When I was about three, I reached to turn on a lamp, and some asshole(my dad most likely) had removed the bulb and left the switch on.

It knocked me across the room, and cured me of ever touching anything electrical.

Wrong, the tragedy happened because someone was running a gasoline powered engine inside the house.

Which didn't happen until the illegally installed electric meter, which was allowing the home to use electricity they were not paying for, was removed.

It has to be murder/suicide.

Nobody is that stupid.

It has to be murder/suicide.

Nobody is that stupid.
Oh yes they are. You need to work for a while as a caseworker. You'd see how phenomenally retarded the gimme class is.

Does anybody know the backstory? How about you, OP writer? Was the father gambling his money and ignoring the bills? Power company can't be the only one at fault.

The power company removed an illegal connection. The house had no (legal) electrical service.

Forum List

Back