Maryland Family dies because electric company puts profit above human decency

No, they died because the dad was an idiot. He was illegally tampering with the power, which resulted in them removing his access to it to prevent him from killing people, and so he killed them another way instead.
I don't think the facts are out on that yet. It was a rental property. Do you know whether he was responsible for the electricity bill in the first place? Or was it the landlord?

On several of my rental properties I include the electricity, water and gas in the monthly rent. Especially in the ones near a university campus where tenants tend to be a bit transient.

He never had the electricity turned on,so I wouldnt think it's the landlords responsibility in this case.

then who installed the stolen meter?

The power had been turned off by the former renters.
I would say that indicates it's the tenants responsibility.

No, they died because the dad was an idiot. He was illegally tampering with the power, which resulted in them removing his access to it to prevent him from killing people, and so he killed them another way instead.
I don't think the facts are out on that yet. It was a rental property. Do you know whether he was responsible for the electricity bill in the first place? Or was it the landlord?

On several of my rental properties I include the electricity, water and gas in the monthly rent. Especially in the ones near a university campus where tenants tend to be a bit transient.

He never had the electricity turned on,so I wouldnt think it's the landlords responsibility in this case.

I agree. And, since we know that the current tenant had never asked for service to be turned on, the fact that the illegal meter was providing electricity that he knew he wasn't paying for was probably due to his actions. So, the fact is that the tragedy happened because the guy wasn't paying his bill.

I agree. And, since we know that the current tenant had never asked for service to be turned on, the fact that the illegal meter was providing electricity that he knew he wasn't paying for was probably due to his actions. So, the fact is that the tragedy happened because the guy wasn't paying his bill.

That's ultimately where it started. If he had applied for service and been using a legal meter for which he was paying, nothing after that misuse of electricity would have occurred.

Power meters aren't hard to install. It can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing but the process isn't hard to do.

Bypassing where a meter used to be is not difficult either.

A couple of stubs of copper or even aluminum work quite nicely.

But doing it can get you killed. It takes a certain level of skill and a very steady hand.

Apparently it was t

That's ultimately where it started. If he had applied for service and been using a legal meter for which he was paying, nothing after that misuse of electricity would have occurred.

Power meters aren't hard to install. It can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing but the process isn't hard to do.

Now, that is a good point, but if it was part of the lease, then neither the landlord nor the tenant was paying the bill. If it was the landlord's fault, he should be charged with manslaughter or perhaps negligent homicide.

Wrong, the tragedy happened because someone was running a gasoline powered engine inside the house.

Apparently it was t

Now, that is a good point, but if it was part of the lease, then neither the landlord nor the tenant was paying the bill. If it was the landlord's fault, he should be charged with manslaughter or perhaps negligent homicide.

Wrong, the tragedy happened because someone was running a gasoline powered engine inside the house.

Running of the gasoline engine inside was the result of the root cause and that is not having paid or applied for power, using an illegal meter, then the power company taking it away. The effect, or result, was the gas engine. Either way, it was a dumbass thief that paid the ultimate price for it. So sad the other ones died as a result.

Apparently it was t

Which didn't happen until the illegally installed electric meter, which was allowing the home to use electricity they were not paying for, was removed.

Apparently it was t

Which didn't happen until the illegally installed electric meter, which was allowing the home to use electricity they were not paying for, was removed.

Some don't understand the concept of cause and effect. The effect of running the gas engine inside was a result of the cause of stealing power and having it cut off. If he had not stolen the power, the need to run a generator wouldn't have happened. I, like you, get it but some don't.

Apparently it was t

The meter would have resulted in a fire, with the same result.

The dude was too stupid to live.

Apparently it was t

Unfortunately his stupidity took the lives of innocents instead of just his own

Apparently it was t

For those he killed, it's a loss. For him, not so much.

Apparently it was t

If I were a progressive, I would consider that appropriate culling of the gene pool.

The guy moved in and NEVER applied for an electric account. It was a rental home.

Try again. Do you think he was paying his electric bill and that's why he stole a meter to provide electricity illegally?

Does anybody know the backstory? How about you, OP writer? Was the father gambling his money and ignoring the bills? Power company can't be the only one at fault.
The power company is 0% at fault.

The people who blame the power company are just as moronic as the dumbass who ran a gasoline-powered engine inside the house.
They are 100% at fault.Try giving a shit about your customers.

Did you even read the article you posted?
The guy never had the power turned on and he'd been stealing electricity.
It's a shame his kids died from his own stupidity,I mean who doesnt know not to run a gas powered engine inside their house?
Murder/suicide.

No accident.

That is beyond stupid.

Guys like you are the ones who run generators indoors.

Just too dumb for words.

Bypassing where a meter used to be is not difficult either.

A couple of stubs of copper or even aluminum work quite nicely.

But doing it can get you killed. It takes a certain level of skill and a very steady hand.
It takes enough sense to prove he knew better than to run a generator indoors.

I'm going with murder/suicide.

Apparently it was t

Nah, he was evil, not stupid.

Forum List

Back