Maryland's ban on rifles, and 4th Circuit court decision appealed to the Supreme Court.

seems to me that RIFLE OWNERSHIP is for people who HUNT (like deer and bears and possum)
Why would any hunter want a "magazine" with more than 10 shots? The limit seems like a
good idea to me--------thwarting MASS MURDER IN NITE CLUBS OR CHURCHES
Why not? Great for feral hogs. Let's not forget the main reason is self-defense.

Lastly, if you want to start limiting our Constitutional rights by "need" then where will that end? Limit on how many books we can have? How many computers? How many people do you "need" for rightful assembly? Prove it.
The 2nd Amendment was not written or designed for hunters.

right------we all need a musket

Great news! I might be able to ship all those 20 and 30 round magazines to buyers in Maryland soon. I sure seem to have collected a bunch of them during the Obama years.
I still have metal AK mag's.

Those are good because you can leave them loaded indefinitely. The plastic ones tend to get bent feed lips from being left loaded, and can sometimes malfunction.

Call me a "Russian collusionist", but there's no more reliable weapon than an AK. In fact, the one I have is no longer oppressing proletariat workers in some communist country, it's protecting my home from two-legged varmints. :biggrin:
I obtained a paratrooper Chezh model (collapsible sliding stock, short barrel) in the mid '90's with a bunch of whistles and bells, a dozen metal mag's and a thousand rounds. Kept all that stuff packed away. It is no longer in the "packed away" vault, well some of the ammo and mag's are, but some of it is in the ready to use closet.

Is that one of those Clinton AWB-era AK's? There's only one thing I miss about Bill Clinton's presidency: Cheap AK's and SKS's, and 30 dollar spam cans of 7.62X39. Last can I bought was $150, and that was using a friend's Cabela's discount because his wife works there.

I've owned 6 different SKS's since then but when Hillary ran, I broke down and bought a new AK with Magpul furniture. Put a thousand rounds through it before I even cleaned it the first time.

Great news! I might be able to ship all those 20 and 30 round magazines to buyers in Maryland soon. I sure seem to have collected a bunch of them during the Obama years.

Those are good because you can leave them loaded indefinitely. The plastic ones tend to get bent feed lips from being left loaded, and can sometimes malfunction.

Call me a "Russian collusionist", but there's no more reliable weapon than an AK. In fact, the one I have is no longer oppressing proletariat workers in some communist country, it's protecting my home from two-legged varmints. :biggrin:
I obtained a paratrooper Chezh model (collapsible sliding stock, short barrel) in the mid '90's with a bunch of whistles and bells, a dozen metal mag's and a thousand rounds. Kept all that stuff packed away. It is no longer in the "packed away" vault, well some of the ammo and mag's are, but some of it is in the ready to use closet.

Is that one of those Clinton AWB-era AK's? There's only one thing I miss about Bill Clinton's presidency: Cheap AK's and SKS's, and 30 dollar spam cans of 7.62X39. Last can I bought was $150, and that was using a friend's Cabela's discount because his wife works there.

I've owned 6 different SKS's since then but when Hillary ran, I broke down and bought a new AK with Magpul furniture. Put a thousand rounds through it before I even cleaned it the first time.
thats why I love the kalashnikov so much. I miss my MAK-90. Right now I got 2 WASR's and a frankenstien, but what I really want is an egyptian MAADI, like the ones in the movie Red Dawn.

seems to me that RIFLE OWNERSHIP is for people who HUNT (like deer and bears and possum)
Why would any hunter want a "magazine" with more than 10 shots? The limit seems like a
Why not? Great for feral hogs. Let's not forget the main reason is self-defense.

Lastly, if you want to start limiting our Constitutional rights by "need" then where will that end? Limit on how many books we can have? How many computers? How many people do you "need" for rightful assembly? Prove it.

the second amendment should be amended-------by bringing it UP TO DATE.

The 4th Circuit ignored the 2nd Amendment and ignored at least three prior Supreme Court rulings to make up their decision to ban rifles with magazines, and magazines that hold more than 10 bullets......it is now being appealed to the Supreme Court...

Maryland "Assault Weapon" Ban Appealed to U.S. Supreme Court - The Truth About Guns

This is an area of law the Supreme Court should address. Handguns are used in crime, murder and even mass killings far more often than semi-automatic rifles. If handguns are protected by the Second Amendment, it would be absurd to conclude that semi-automatic rifles and standard capacity magazines are not.

Moreover, the Second Amendment has a clear military component. If one purpose of the Second Amendment is to be able to form effective militias, then the right to keep and bear effective militia weapons is protected. Semi-automatic rifles are the epitome of a militia weapon.

----

In a case reviewed by the Supreme Court, but not addressed by the Fourth Circuit, the Supreme Court unanimously held, in the Caetano PER CURIAM decision (pdf), that:

The Court has held that “the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding,” District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U. S. 570, 582 (2008), and that this “Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States,” McDonald v.Chicago, 561 U. S. 742, 750 (2010).

Rifles, as a group, are arms that are least likely to be used in homicides. The Fourth Circuit cleverly avoided considering that fact by preemptively excluding those rifles from the protection of the Second Amendment. Because they excluded the rifles from Second Amendment protection, the Court avoided the requirement to apply strict scrutiny to the law.
I get it. If you can't own a gun with a magazine or have magazines with a capacity of more then ten, you can't be armed.

We had an assault rifle ban in the past.

It must be sasd if you are that pathetic that you can't be armed unless you own a semi-automatic rifle with a 150 round magazine.
its none of the governments business how many rounds I keep in my magazines. period.

Not really. We are all entitled to a full-auto weapon with a 100-round drum magazine, if you want one. You can actually legally own those if you go through the background check, pay the $200 tax stamp, and are willing to spend some money.

There are a couple people in my neck of the woods who have full-auto weapons. I can hear them across the hills when they fire them on the 4th of July or New Years Eve.

pretty much all of my mags are metal. Ive got a couple of tapco ones that arent, but all the rest are metal, and most are bulgarian made

English please. for what purpose tapioca?
??????

Not really. We are all entitled to a full-auto weapon with a 100-round drum magazine, if you want one. You can actually legally own those if you go through the background check, pay the $200 tax stamp, and are willing to spend some money.

There are a couple people in my neck of the woods who have full-auto weapons. I can hear them across the hills when they fire them on the 4th of July or New Years Eve.

arabs and kurds do that at weddings

I did not know------I thought people were still shoving pellets in thru the business end

A rifle is a firearm with a grooved barrel that creates a spin on the bullet to create a more precise trajectory. A musket is a smooth bore firearm not essentially different from a shotgun.

The term applies to firearms that load from the breech or the barrel.

If you're going to opine about firearms, it behooves you to know a little something about them. Just so you don't appear foolish.

Ever heard of something called the "Second Amendment"? Even though firearms with high-capacity magazines can be used for hunting, those are primarily bought for home defense.

Why do you think law-enforcement switched from 6-shot revolvers to semi-auto 15-round pistols back in the 80's? Because they were out-gunned by the criminals.

Nobody in their right mind would keep a single-shot shotgun or a 5-round bolt-action rifle in their home, to ward off three or four home invaders, who were armed with more modern weapons.

Besides, high-capacity magazines are more fun at the range. You don't have to keep reloading them.

I'll take my shotgun. You can stand there with your thumb up your ass when your semi automatic jams.

Maybe we should have a bazooka & a 50 Cal machine gun in case we get home invaded by 50 guys with tanks.
You are free to only have a shotgun. Why do you seek to impose it on others? How about this; the RW will stop opposing abortions, but will limit it to only one per woman. Okay with you? How about books or computers? What limits should we impose there? IQ test, a degree in computers and one registered, monitored computer per household?

thats why I love the kalashnikov so much. I miss my MAK-90. Right now I got 2 WASR's and a frankenstien, but what I really want is an egyptian MAADI, like the ones in the movie Red Dawn.

I want a Russian Dragunov or an SVD. Those are built like an AK but they take 7.62X54 like the Mosin-Nagants. They're widely used by Middle Eastern snipers and are way more deadly than anything in 7.62X39.

Used to see them in gun stores but Obama's stupid ban on Russian stuff made them scarce.

arabs and kurds do that at weddings

Stupidly. They fire them into the air and have no concept of the four basic rules of firearms safety. I don't know a single person who would do something stupid like that. We fire them at targets with sufficient backstops.

I have two AK's myself and a stock SKS. Great rifles. Great round for hunting and self-defense.

No, it is an older production that got imported in the early 90's. I got it before the ban. In fact, I got it when I was unloading weapons on the ban list in Nevada just before the ban. Cash and carry.

I want a Russian Dragunov or an SVD. Those are built like an AK but they take 7.62X54 like the Mosin-Nagants. They're widely used by Middle Eastern snipers and are way more deadly than anything in 7.62X39.

Used to see them in gun stores but Obama's stupid ban on Russian stuff made them scarce.

American snipers use the .308. If it's good enough for the US Military ...

tumblr_mytxyxa3fp1s1oepdo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back