Mass shooting reported at Michigan State University in multiple locations around campus. many injuries reported/2nd shooting@university fitness center

Michigan does not:
Require background checks for long guns
Have a red flag law
Disarm domestic violence abusers
Restrict assault weapons
Limit magazine capacity
Regulate open carry

Wow. Michigan State University hospital just declared the on-campus shooting a “mass casualty event.” No student should have to live like this. But far too many do because of our nation’s broken gun laws & Republicans who refuse to do anything about it.

Michigan restricts Silencers & Short Barrel Rifles ( SBR )
Michigan has the 19th highest rate of firearm homicide in the country. This is the first mass shooting in Michigan in 2023. On average, there are 14 mass shootings in Michigan each year.

"’It's far too late for this to be called a wake up call,’ said a Michigan State University student who was hiding under a pile of dirty laundry in his room with his blinds closed and lights off. ‘The sad truth is I doubt we're going to be the last.’”

I can’t even imagine how triggering tonight is for the Parkland survivors & For the survivors of the UVA campus shooting, just three months ago & For the survivors of the Nov. 2021 mass shooting at Oxford HS, also in Michigan & For the Uvalde survivors & The list goes on

I can’t even imagine how triggering tonight is for the Parkland survivors & For the survivors of the UVA campus shooting, just three months ago & For the survivors of the Nov. 2021 mass shooting at Oxford HS, also in Michigan & For the Uvalde survivors & The list goes on
The guns have been around for centuries but these shootings haven’t. Obviously it isn’t the guns.

I don't want to hear a single thought or prayer from Republicans about what's happening at Michigan State University. If Republicans truly cared about young people, they would actually try & do something about gun violence. But they refuse. Spare us the condolences.
That isn't how this works.

If the institutional investors, the politicians that the PACs and parties push on the people, and the corporate funders and media actually gave a damn, they would make sure, that any person caught with an illegal gun, STAYED, in prison.

If all of these stake holder groups gave a shit, they would make sure that the current laws we have on the books, are enforced. . . BUT THEY AREN'T We don't need new laws, we need to enforce the ones we have.

Inevitably, when all the fall-out is over, and the investigation is over, we WILL find out, this guy was on someone's radar, the FBI probably had already known who he was, and nothing was done about him, just like all the other incidents. I would not be surprised if the shooter was groomed to do this. . . .

Someone will know he had been flagged as a danger to himself or others, but no one, (purposely?) told the other appropriate people, to keep him from getting a gun.

Would it surprise me, to find out he is on some psychotropic medication? NOPE. I'd lay odds on that too.

Guns are never the problem, I can tell you that much. Give up on the agitprop. You don't even live here, nor do you give a shit about the young people here. SO none of us give a shit about what you want to hear or read about. . .

iu

Kids who went through a school shooting 18 months ago at Oxford are now going through their second school shooting at Michigan State. Fucking hell . We must fix this. Now.

I don't want to hear a single thought or prayer from Republicans about what's happening at Michigan State University. If Republicans truly cared about young people, they would actually try & do something about gun violence. But they refuse. Spare us the condolences.
What exactly do you want them to do? The problem is no one can predict the future with any precision. And only those individuals who are not inclined to use their weapons to murder others are the ones who would disarm if the laws changed to prohibit them, not the criminals. This is the very reason there is always so much pushback against all of the dishonest gun control legislation that is presented.

Until people are honest enough to admit that the issue is a "people problem" not a "gun problem" and do what is needed regarding the people who keep creating the same damn problems, you're right nothing will change.

Forum List

Back