Massive Obama-Backed “One Nation” Rally...

Every time Obama would compromise, or add a republican idea.. It wasn't enough. Like DeMint said, they wanted these things to be his "waterloo".

Please list any Republican ideas or Obama compromises made on the healthcare bill. Obama compromised with DEMOCRATS on the bill, not Republicans.

Are you that stupid?
Reform's big secret: Health bill's full of GOP ideas - Opinion

Well hell, if a Liberal Editor for the Dayton Journal says so, it must be true. :cuckoo:

You do see the last word of your link right. Where it says Opinion?

lol

Seems a bit one-sided, no? I believe it was JakeS that said as long as the hours would also count for tea parties, no foul? In any case, seems the powers that be, made this mandatory and that is wrong for the kids.

I see where you went astray here Annie. The unborn and school age children are not protected classes of people in the liberal view. Christians are just lucky they haven't been deported yet.

If it were 1, does that make it correct? If not, where is the outrage?

Why should anyone be "outraged" about high school students seeing a political protest?

Seems a bit one-sided, no? I believe it was JakeS that said as long as the hours would also count for tea parties, no foul? In any case, seems the powers that be, made this mandatory and that is wrong for the kids.

This is incorrect. It was NOT mandatory, no one was "forced" to come. The video posted shows kids from a school club who chose to come down from NY.

Every time Obama would compromise, or add a republican idea.. It wasn't enough. Like DeMint said, they wanted these things to be his "waterloo".

Please list any Republican ideas or Obama compromises made on the healthcare bill. Obama compromised with DEMOCRATS on the bill, not Republicans.

Are you that stupid?

You limited yourself to ones Obama included in your prior post. It was your choice to word things the way you did. Careful. Again, Obama compromised with Democrats, not Republicans.

Are you that stupid?

Don't even know how to address such partisan nonsense, but I'll guess it's you best shot.

Reform's big secret: Health bill's full of GOP ideas
News-Journal editorial
March 5, 2010 12:05 AM 54 Comments Vote 0 Votes

Health care reform would likely have passed months ago. But the mobocracy of Republican-driven town halls and its amplifiers on talk radio and cable television replaced facts with politically motivated fabrications and hypocritical moans over fiscal responsibility. The strategy has been so effective that President Obama, better aware than most of the power of perception over fact, is playing to it. He wrote Republicans a letter this week offering to use four GOP proposals in his version of reform.

If facts still mattered, the letter would be redundant. The supposedly Democratic Senate health care reform bill Obama is modeling his compromise on already incorporates the majority of Republican proposals, demands and, above all, principles. Count the ways, based on the wording of GOP House Minority Leader John Boehner's address on the Republican plan, as posted at the GOP's health care Web site (gop.gov/solutions/healthcare):

"Number one: Let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines." The Senate bill does that (see Section 1333, "Provisions relating to offering plans in more than one state"). The provision would enable several state to form interstate compacts. Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana could form one, and individuals and businesses in those states could buy insurance provided in any of those states. The compact would require baseline benefits insurers couldn't undercut, to prevent a race to the bottom.

· "Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do." Done. The Senate bill calls for the creation of insurance exchanges where individuals, small businesses and the rest could pool together to lower costs.

· "Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs." That's made explicit by the very generous "Waiver for State Innovation" (section 1302), which allows states to sign out of every aspect of mandated reform if they can provide the same baseline services more cheaply.

· "Number four: end junk lawsuits" and defensive medicine. On Tuesday, Obama agreed to provide $50 million in grants to states willing to test alternatives to medical malpractice claims. That's the four points Boehner is thumping for. He's got them. And there's more that Republicans wanted or agreed to.

Removing the cap on lifetime insurance benefits, forbidding insurers to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions, and forbidding insurers to drop the sick are all bipartisan ideas that are in the bill.

Ensuring that reform is paid for is a bipartisan idea, although a relatively recent one as far as Republicans are concerned. Republicans approved the $500 billion Medicare prescription drug plan during the Bush administration knowing that every cent of the program would add to the deficit. Rediscovering "fiscal responsibility" as a political cudgel the moment Obama stepped into office, Republicans insisted that health reform be paid for. Democrats' bills in the House and Senate complied. In fact, the Senate bill would reduce the deficit by close to $104 billion over 10 years while providing insurance to 30 million people currently uninsured, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which analyzes bills in detail. The Republican proposal would save $68 billion over 10 years, but without reducing the ranks of the uninsured.

And here is the biggest concession of all, granted even before the debate started: The Senate bill is essentially a free-market bill that would build on and vastly expand the existing private insurance system. Democrats junked, without discussion, the single-payer system that most Western countries have successfully adopted to lower costs and ensure universal access to excellent care. Many other provisions in the 2,400-page bill are either word-for-word Republican ideas floated in past years or close replicas of such ideas. ...

Have you any idea how these are playing out today, in the real world? The increases in costs for businesses and workers? The failure to address those in need, while hurting those previously unhurt?

Didn't and don't think so. You're lost.

Thanks Annie, as you know, none of this (except the lifetime cap) made it through into law. Typical liberal. Read the title and post.

Thanks Annie, as you know, none of this (except the lifetime cap) made it through into law. Typical liberal. Read the title and post.

And the President and Congress have been 100% silent on the huge increases the insurance companies are already charging to offset the major hit they will be taking later. But they don't seem to care that this is a major part of many businesses not hiring new employees and scaling back operations because they don't dare expand.

The short sightedness and/or indifference to unintended negative consequences is staggering.

Seeing that mexican flag, I gotta wonder how many of them are legal?

This is the Mexican flag:

500px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

This is the Indian flag:

500px-Flag_of_India.svg.png

I see the Indian flag held upside down.

And I don't see either as the flag in the photo has a dark blue stripe that does not appear in either the Mexican flag or the Indian flag.

I think it is probably some leftwing banner brought by one of the groups.
um, the photo RW posted wasnt from the 10-2 rally, but from an immigration rally back in march or may of this year
i posted that earlier in this thread and only a few recognized it

This is the Mexican flag:

500px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

This is the Indian flag:

500px-Flag_of_India.svg.png

I see the Indian flag held upside down.

And I don't see either as the flag in the photo has a dark blue stripe that does not appear in either the Mexican flag or the Indian flag.

I think it is probably some leftwing banner brought by one of the groups.
um, the photo RW posted wasnt from the 10-2 rally, but from an immigration rally back in march or may of this year
i posted that earlier in this thread and only a few recognized it

Yeah he chose that Photo because there were MORE PEOPLE IN IT.

:)

And the President and Congress have been 100% silent on the huge increases the insurance companies are already charging to offset the major hit they will be taking later. But they don't seem to care that this is a major part of many businesses not hiring new employees and scaling back operations because they don't dare expand.

The short sightedness and/or indifference to unintended negative consequences is staggering.

Link?

Actual image from rally!!!!

mn_mexico_supporters.jpg

(...but you have to guess the rally.)

Link?

If you didn't bother to track the many links on this I've posted over the last weeks, Jake, I doubt you would bother to check any link I would post now. Trust me. The links are out there.

I have tracked the links carefully. The One Nation drew about a 1/3rd of what Beck did with far less planning and effort. The crowd was diverse, young, darker in color, and looking forward to the future. I don't care that you don't like the fact that is the future. But that is exactly what it is. Either we in the GOP figure how to harness the force of the future, or we are going to let the corporations rule our lives.

Forum List

Back