Massive Obama-Backed “One Nation” Rally...

Ali Weinberg writes:
During his remarks at a town hall in Richmond today, President Obama gave a plug for a rally planned by The Daily Show's Jon Stewart, called the "Campaign to Restore Sanity," contrasting the the tone of the spoof news show with that of its "purposely provocative" cable counterparts.
"What happens is these cable shows and talk show hosts, a lot of them figure out that, 'The more controversial I can be, and I'm calling Obama this name or that name and saying he wasn't born in this country, that will get me attention," the president said.
Part of the challenge of combating purposely provocative shows, Obama added, is creating a way to remind Americans that the country is not as polarized as cable shows would sometimes make it seem.
"Use Jon Stewart, the host of the Daily Show," Obama said. "Apparently he's going to host a rally called something like, 'Americans Who Favor a Return to Sanity or something like that."
He continued that most people -- like the people who will be at the rally -- have more pressing concerns than to worry about the the political beliefs of others.
"They're looking after their families," Obama said, "they don't go around calling people names, they don't make stuff up, they may not be following every single issue because they just don't have time, but they are expecting some common sense and some courtesy."
First Read - Obama plugs Jon Stewart rally

Did you read your source? Or just mindlessly cut-and-paste?

The Jon Stewart/Steven Colbert Rally hasn't happened yet. This rally was a different rally entirely.

The One Nation Rally has been "plugged" on Obama's web site for awhile now.

"Obama's" website? Do you mean whitehouse.gov?

Because as far as I know, Obama doesn't have any other websites.

Did you read your source? Or just mindlessly cut-and-paste?

The Jon Stewart/Steven Colbert Rally hasn't happened yet. This rally was a different rally entirely.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Join the Fight

Castro-supporting actor Harry Belafonte lashed out at the “insidious” Tea Party Movement today at the leftist One Nation rally.
The leftist crowd loved it: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vty7ESzusdY&feature=player_embedded"]VIDEO[/ame]

From his speech:
Abraham Lincoln knew the evil of slavery and in abolishing that evil saved America. Although slavery may have been abolished, crippling poison, racism, still persists. And the struggle still continues… Perhaps the greatest threat of all is the undermining of our Constitution and the systematic attacks against the inalienable rights of the citizens of this nation. Rights that are guaranteed by our Constitution. At the vanguard of this insidious attack is the Tea Party. This band of misguided citizens is moving perilously close to achieving villainous ends.

You're right, the website is barackobama.com.

But it's not run by Obama - OFA is part of the DNC, not the White House.

Also, I don't see any mention of this rally on the site.

Castro-supporting actor Harry Belafonte lashed out at the “insidious” Tea Party Movement today at the leftist One Nation rally.
The leftist crowd loved it: VIDEO

From his speech:
Abraham Lincoln knew the evil of slavery and in abolishing that evil saved America. Although slavery may have been abolished, crippling poison, racism, still persists. And the struggle still continues… Perhaps the greatest threat of all is the undermining of our Constitution and the systematic attacks against the inalienable rights of the citizens of this nation. Rights that are guaranteed by our Constitution. At the vanguard of this insidious attack is the Tea Party. This band of misguided citizens is moving perilously close to achieving villainous ends.

What's your point?

LOL that is because you have to Donate before you get into the Whole site.

LOL that is because you have to Donate before you get into the Whole site.

Bzzz... incorrect. There's a button to click on the front page that says "Continue to main site"

Here's the website.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com

Question: why is Obama hiding out in Camp David this weekend instead of attending this Very Important Rally?

Question: why is Obama hiding out in Camp David this weekend instead of attending this Very Important Rally?

Which President attended the Martin Luther King March on Washington?

The leftist crowd loved it: VIDEO

From his speech:

I bet he can't sing "God Bless America."

There is no Conservative President right now.

Organizing for America is Obama's campaign organization - it endorsed the One Nation Rally. So, Where Is Obama?

notice the smarmy assed coward was too cowardly to list those "villanous end"

I can't find a crowd estimate anywhere. From the pictures, It doesn't look much bigger than Beck's event.. But I got to listen to some of the speeches.. Wonderful! One Nation, working together, to keep this country on the right track! Also, there were One Nation events all over the place, for those that couldn't go to DC.. So with all of those numbers combined, I think we gave the Beckster a run for his money.

Here's some of the best pictures I've found:
Blue Virginia:: Photos: "One Nation Working Together" Rally on the Mall

Fired up.. Ready to go!

They're asking for yobs!? OH PAHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! They wouldn't know what a "job" was if it hit them in the face. They're asking for HANDOUTS! They truly believe that a job=a handout!

Really? Here's the website for the rally.

I don't see anything about "handouts".

Core Policy Principles | One Nation Working Together

Working together for the creation, protection, and advancement of good jobs
Create new jobs in every sector, so that everyone in our country who wants to work can find a job. There should be a job in America for everyone who wants to work.

Awesome!! How are you going to do it?

Provide immediate relief for those who are currently unemployed

HANDOUTS... More debt. no new jobs...

Extend the federal unemployment program, COBRA, mortgage assistance, and other targeted initiatives helping those who are currently without a job

HANDOUTS...More debt, no new jobs...

Target help for populations and communities in the greatest need, including youth summer jobs and training initiatives

"Help"? HANDOUTS ...More debt, prey it makes jobs...

Provide immediate action to stimulate job growth and retention; and consumer demand

"Immediate action"? More spending, more debt... Or are you advocating tax cuts for consumers and job creators? ...doubt it.

Provide aid to states and cities—including direct job creation at local levels—especially in education, health care, social services and first responder workforces

HANDOUTS...More debt...

Increase the ability of small businesses to obtain assistance and support, including short term loans, grants and other forms of assistance

HANDOUTS...More debt...

Fund infrastructure investment that spurs higher economic growth, clean energy enterprises, and green jobs

More debt...

Provide a fair chance for every worker in our country to succeed and advance in the workplace

Until you get too successful ... than we will take it back.

Everyone who works in America should have the right to join with their co-workers to have a voice on the job

More unions!!! Yippee!!!! ...good luck with that one. lol

Pay all workers a living family wage
Increase and index the minimum wage

Dictate hourly rates and salaries, regardless if a small business can afford it. nice plan.... lol

Close the race-, gender-, and all other unjust pay gaps
End all forms of workplace discrimination and expand anti-discrimination law to be inclusive of everyone
Protect, honor, fully apply, and expand equal opportunity and diverse business inclusion practices

Aren't there already laws that prohibit workplace discrimination? ...please elaborate.

Create employment pathways and training opportunities for workers who want to advance their careers

It's called getting a quality education and not getting knocked up at 16, dropping out of school and sucking Uncle Sam's tit.

Make every job a safe job

ehem.... OSHA?

Provide paid sick days and paid family leave for all workers

Once again ... regardless if small business can afford it.

Ya, vote for more poor, and bad government!

Vote Democrat, and support the rich, like Obama does!!!!!

I can't find a crowd estimate anywhere. From the pictures, It doesn't look much bigger than Beck's event.. But I got to listen to some of the speeches.. Wonderful! One Nation, working together, to keep this country on the right track! Also, there were One Nation events all over the place, for those that couldn't go to DC.. So with all of those numbers combined, I think we gave the Beckster a run for his money.

Here's some of the best pictures I've found:
Blue Virginia:: Photos: "One Nation Working Together" Rally on the Mall

Fired up.. Ready to go!

Yes REAL AMERICANS

Peacefully demonstrating...

american%20flag%20picture.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back