Matt Gaetz Under Federal Investigation Over Possible Sexual Relationship With A Teenage Girl

"Investigators are examining whether Mr. Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws, the people said. A variety of federal statutes make it illegal to induce someone under 18 to travel over state lines to engage in sex in exchange for money or something of value. The Justice Department regularly prosecutes such cases, and offenders often receive severe sentences," reported Michael Schmidt and Katie Benner. "It was not clear how Mr. Gaetz met the girl, believed to be 17 at the time of encounters about two years ago that investigators are scrutinizing, according to two of the people."

Shocking.
Trying to deflect attention from Cuomo, eh? Nice try. Won't work, but nice try just the same.

The investigation started under the trump administration. I guess no one told The Don. He would have phone Barr and killed it.
Sounds like the real reason to explain headlines from this morning, he's probably toast:
Gaetz Considering Leaving Congress for Role at Newsmax: Report

The investigation started under the trump administration. I guess no one told The Don. He would have phone Barr and killed it.
Sounds like the real reason to explain headlines from this morning, he's probably toast:
Yup...get out before the sh*t hits the fan...

Yup...get out before the sh*t hits the fan...
Try to get the news job contract locked in before the indictment comes down.

If I were under investigation on sex related allegations, I would not be making statements about all the gifts that I have showered on former girlfriends...but that is just me.

And......you can put this with the Russia Hoax...

Gaetz says the story came from “organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official.”

Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name.
We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter…
…and my father has even been wearing a wire at the FBI’s direction to catch these criminals. The planted leak to the FBI tonight was intended to thwart that investigation.
No part of the allegations against me are true, and the people pushing these lies are targets…
..of the ongoing extortion investigation.

I demand the DOJ immediately release the tapes, made at their direction, which implicate their former colleague in crimes against me based on false allegations.

Yahoo news citing a New York Times story whos source is people who were briefed on it said.
Gaetz's attorney confirmed it....Barney.
Gaetz has yet to be charged with a crime. Gaetz told the Times that while his lawyers have been in contact with the Justice Department, he had been told he is not the target of an investigation. Keep trying dopey.

Forum List

Back