Maui Burning

Give me some of that 65 degree weather somebody was talking about earlier.

11 PM and it's 87 degrees. :FIREdevil:

This IS a hot one this year. 72% humidity, bah fongu.
It's 63 F here, a projected low of 57 F tonight, with a high of 80 F tomorrow..... God almightly, I love the summer in Maine! ( from my mouth to God's ears it stays nice like this, Amen!)

My parents and older sister are burning up in Florida!

You want me on your side then tell me what you can prove...trying to bamboozle us with bullshit turns us 100% against you.
They can't prove anything which is why they love CC so much because, they can take $$$$$ for it and complain indefinitely that 'we're not doing enough' and 'if we just had more money and control we could make it go away'.....It really is a racket.

I'm 80 years old, dumbass. I've been retired for decades.
Oh boy free info. That wasnt difficult. You were in college before the F scale was even invented for tornados. I'm sure your education regarding the climate hasnt been updated since you were college.

It's 63 F here, a projected low of 57 F tonight, with a high of 80 F tomorrow..... God almightly, I love the summer in Maine! ( from my mouth to God's ears it stays nice like this, Amen!)

My parents and older sister are burning up in Florida!
So, why isn't Maine burning up too?

Oh boy free info. That wasnt difficult. You were in college before the F scale was even invented for tornados. I'm sure your education regarding the climate hasnt been updated since you were college.
He probably knows much more than you....You should listen.

All derived from "simple computer models"

Makes sense. They are for simpletons.

Like you.

What is happening on Maui, just like what happened in Yosemite. In that case the cultists faithfully bleated that it was because of climate change.

Then, a demofascist big donor was arrested for arson for setting the fires.

I will bet large amounts of cash that these fires are likewise arson.
I doubt you ever studied any type of science in college. You sure sound stupid.

I've been there about 15 times. Last visit was about 10 years ago. Cheeseburger In Paradise is probably gone too. And all those art galleries. Homes, other businesses. Oh yes...shades of Paradise. Not fun, and full of sadness.
Omg 😳
Where happened to start fire. ?

Spoken like a true moron. Hello moron.

A few have mentioned arson. Funny and not haha funny either, how such a vicious fire could jump from place to place like it did in Paradise. Multiple homes destroyed but right next door to those, were homes not touched. I think I read somewhere that the fire started in the southwest of town of 26k people, and was going 3 football field lengths per MINUTE. How can that be? Unless......

Same with looking at the pics of Front Street in Lahaina. All torched..but some not. Makes ya wonder.
Lots of reasons a wild fire may skip certain properties. I had a horse ranch and we put our horses out to eat the grass. Horses have a mouth that allows them to pull grass up by the roots. Our property had no tall grass. The fire went around us and burned my neighbor's property to the ground.

Well, this sucks. Lahaina is gone..or so news sources say and people that live there. ALL boats in the harbor are destroyed. People jumping in the ocean to escape the flames. Dead people laying in the street (that were not checked to see if they were dead and PRESUMED to be so. What if they just passed out from smoke inhalation?) . No no..just drive by and say "she can't be helped" without getting out of their car as they film. Jeez.
Anyway..shades of Paradise. I love that island, and especially that town. Gone. And the oldest tree on the island probably gone too...the famous Banyan tree. So many good memories...gone, like Paradise. So damn sad.

Indeed.it sucks living in this world.

So, why isn't Maine burning up too?
I dunno? I think we've been the only State in the country, that isn't! And the hubby and I have been counting our blessings for it!

Our concern is wildfires though! Canada has a couple of small fires burning fairly close to us...we haven't gotten smoke from them or any fires yet cuz we have not been down wind....but that could change! And up here in my part of Maine, we are just one resin filled, Pine tree State waiting to combust, even though we have had some rain, near every day of summer, in the afternoon, Pine tends to burn up quickly.

Hey you realize ole Ted helped developed remote sensing of atmospheric motion? If it wasnt for him, studies like this showing the relationship between clouds and global warming would never have existed. Clouds May Speed Up Global Warming

Ted sure was some guy, wasnt he?

"May" words used by charlatans. That's the difference between climatologists and real scientists. We don't use the words "may" "suggests" "possibly" "could" etc. Etc. Etc.

We use the words "will" "can be found at" "when found will appear as" etc. Etc. Etc.

Our predictions are PREDICTIONS.

We don't hide behind weasel words. Those words are used by palm readers, psychics, and climatologists.....no one else.

From the commies at NASA: "Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change."
Climate scientists get paid for pushing climate change and NASA exists on the government tit. I'll bet one could get a government grant for studying Penguin caused climate change and have 'experts' swear up and down there is a 'consensus' that Penguins are responsible.

"May" words used by charlatans. That's the difference between climatologists and real scientists. We don't use the words "may" "suggests" "possibly" "could" etc. Etc. Etc.

We use the words "will" "can be found at" "when found will appear as" etc. Etc. Etc.

Our predictions are PREDICTIONS.

We don't hide behind weasel words. Those words are used by palm readers, psychics, and climatologists.....no one else.
So are you saying Einstein was a weasel? Because studies now are just starting to confirm some of the things he was saying about the universe. And some things he was wrong about.

Still waiting on a link to your climate paper.

I dunno? I think we've been the only State in the country, that isn't! And the hubby and I have been counting our blessings for it!

Our concern is wildfires though! Canada has a couple of small fires burning fairly close to us...we haven't gotten smoke from them or any fires yet cuz we have not been down wind....but that could change! And up here in my part of Maine, we are just one resin filled, Pine tree State waiting to combust, even though we have had some rain, near every day of summer, in the afternoon, Pine tends to burn up quickly.
Cut your weeds and trim you tree laterals 6 ft. minimum from the ground. A fire break around your property is a good idea too. Good luck.

Forum List

Back