🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

May I remind you Obama's collusion with Putin by asking for more "space"...?

So as part of the payoff for Russia helping Obama get re-elected by giving Obama "space" i.e. NOT putting pressure on the USA by rebuffing the USA for the "missile defense" policy that Obama was PUSHING to show he was "tough" on Russia, i.e. "vote for me...I put Russia in their place"!!!

Now did Obama collude with the Russians to get re-elected? Sure looks like !
-

You're an idiot.

Jefferson didn't collude with france for the lousiana purchase
Nixon didn't collude with china
A sitting president can't collude, he can only exercise his constitutional rights and duties.

All mere speculation as you have not set in concrete the motivation for what Oblama stated especially since the relations of the two countries, and the same two leaders, had a falling out over Ukraine and NATO...Collusion is not what you think it is..As head of state Oblama has the right to address issues with a foriegn dignitary...A candidate that has no official capacity can't....

Obama was speaking as a "candidate"! He promised that if they didn't push against the missile defense, that after Obama was re-elected... Obama had more flexibility!
Translated: If you help me get re-elected by NOT pursuing anti-missile efforts, I promise I can be a lot more flexible AFTER I'm re-elected.
Sounds like a Logan act violation to me!
The Logan Act makes it a crime for a United States citizen, “without authority” from the federal government, to communicate with foreign officials in order to “influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government” in a dispute with the United States or “to defeat the measures of the United States.” A conviction can result in a prison sentence of up to three years.

Opinion | Why the Trump Team Should Fear the Logan Act
As a Private citizen seeking re-election, to influence Russia!

yes, because missile defense affected ones if not tens of votes.

also, on what planet does a sitting president of the us not have the authority to act as head of state?

i'll wait

Obama was President of the US.

No comparison with Trump: Obama was not asking for help to be elected, whereas Trump needed every dirty trick and just ever-so-barely won.

What do you call this?

I understand your message about space,” replied Medvedev, who will hand over the presidency to Putin in May.

This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama said, expressing confidence that he would win a second term.

“I will transmit this information to Vladimir,” said Medvedev, Putin’s protégé and long considered number two in Moscow’s power structure
FACT CHECK: Obama Pledged 'More Flexibility' Toward Russia After 2012 Election

intellectually challenged

Obama was President of the US.

No comparison with Trump: Obama was not asking for help to be elected, whereas Trump needed every dirty trick and just ever-so-barely won.

Right... So as President Obama was asking the Russian Government to hold off on protesting the placement of missiles in Ukraine until after his re-election.
Sounds like collusion right there as Trump et.al. NEVER MET WITH RUSSIAN government officials. Not a one.
Whereas Obama sitting with the 2nd in command of Russia asking a FAVOR to EASE off protests over the missiles so Obama could get re-elected?
No matter how you cut it, Obama was offering to modify our national defense so as to get re-elected. Very very bad.

Obama had every right to negotiate with the Ruskies. Hint: negotiation =/= collusion.

No matter how you cut it, unhealthy, you are wrong.

Obama had every right to negotiate with the Ruskies. Hint: negotiation =/= collusion.

He has a right to negotiate...true... but by putting the re-election in the mix that is akin to using my life and millions of others at risk and that is wrong.
By telling the Russian government to ease off until he is re-elected is tantamount Russia there by influencing the American elections...per Obama's request!
That smells to high heaven of collusion!

He has a right to negotiate...true... but by putting the re-election in the mix that is akin to using my life and millions of others at risk and that is wrong.
By telling the Russian government to ease off until he is re-elected is tantamount Russia there by influencing the American elections...per Obama's request!
That smells to high heaven of collusion!
No, unhealthy, it did not put any of us at risk. You are reaching way out. Sorry, bud: but, no.

Forum List

Back