Zone1 Maybe God punishes us BEFORE we commit sins (that He knows we're capable of)?

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
For once, I am not speaking for the Catholic Faith (with the following)--whether we are talking about the novus ordo Church, the SSPX or the Sedevacantist, the latter being that group fortunate enough to have found the TRUE Catholic faith (ditched at Vatican II).

But I have sometimes wondered if God, in His infinite Wisdom does not punish us, or maybe some of us or whatever, for sins before we commit them, since He knows absolutely what we are capable of.

I really don't know if He does or not. It doesn't, at first, sound like God to do such things, but we look around and see all the evil and all the misery in the world.. and sometimes we Christians feel like He is punishing us.. Maybe it is just the 3 enemies punishing us (?): the world, the flesh and the devil

But it sometimes seems like it is God.. because after all, He DOES allow all this pain and suffering.

:dunno:

I think of this one poster here, Anathema, who hates God and doesn't want to do things His Way. He has a lot of sufferings that he says began at the beginning of his life. Well, many people can say that same thing, although Anathema admitted he doesn't care about the sufferings of others. That was a few days ago.. I guess things could have changed. But anyway... No one today wants to believe God punishes ANYTHING. Maybe a better word would be Chastise, not Punish. But in any case, despite many people thinking that God should never punish anyone.. He nonetheless allows the world to be Hell on Earth at times, and no one seems to have an answer as to WHY that is.

So yeh.. I'm just seeking answers but I doubt I'll find any RE this topic, not in this crazy world.

Says here I am ignoring content from Irish Ram

so yeh... here kitty kitty

1725393531680.jpeg

Forum List

Back