Maybe the NRA can provide security at Schools, Colleges, Malls

Its a NON PROFIT org.

The NRA’s profit soars as deaths from gun massacres mount

googletag.cmd.push(function () { var slot = googletag.defineSlot('/2/marketwatch.com/aerospace_story', [[300, 250],[300, 600],[300, 1050]], 'ad-display-ad') .addService(googletag.pubads()); slot.defineSizeMapping([[[1024, 0], [[300,250],[300,600],[300,1050]]], [[0,0], [[300,250]]]]); googletag.enableServices(); slotMachine.add('Display Ad', slot, 'ad-display-ad'); }); By Brett Arends

Published: Oct 2, 2015 5:47 p.m. ET

The most fanatical gun supporters saw the incident as a call to arms — literally.

NRA membership dues skyrocketed by a staggering 62% in the year after Sandy Hook, from $108 million to $176 million. Total revenue in 2013 hit a third of a billion dollars.

As a result, the massive organization saw profits — excuse me, “surpluses” — rocket 2,750% to $57 million.

Of course, that’s before taxes. But, then, it didn’t pay any taxes, for it is a nonprofit charity.

The NRA estimates it was also helped by 150,000 volunteers. How many corporations could boast as much?

The NRA top executives shared that year in a treasure chest of more than $8 million in salary, bonuses, nontaxable benefits, deferred pay and other compensation — a nice payout for an organization that enjoys charitable exemption from U.S. taxes. LaPierre alone made a million bucks a year, which is, ironically, equal to about $100 for every man, woman and child murdered with a gun in America.

who did the NRA shoot? I must have missed that in the news......I know they help law abiding people stay safe from violent criminals......but you morons never point that out.

They help their wallets. To be able to carry a loaded gun around needs to come to an end.

To be able to carry a loaded gun around needs to come to an end.

And then we can close all the bars.

Drinking and driving needs to end.

Why don't you just opt for tubular procedure. Only takes a few minutes, done on an out-patient basis, is reversible. Then you can spread your legs all you want and the taxpayer is off the hook.

I'm a grandmother. My husband got fixed, I can't believe the Reps are so concerned about unborn life and not about the deaths caused by guns in this country.

We can't believe you're concerned about the deaths from guns and not the murder of innocents. Shall we compare the numbers?

I would never suggest to anyone to have an abortion. Take that up with the Supreme Court .

Tell me are you anti or pro birth control?

Take gun ownership up with the Supreme Court....wait...they have and keep getting slapped down.

What does my views on birth control have on this?

What does abortion have to do with gun control?

Didn't you say "I can't believe the Reps are so concerned about unborn life and not the deaths caused by guns..."?

Its a NON PROFIT org.

googletag.cmd.push(function () { var slot = googletag.defineSlot('/2/marketwatch.com/aerospace_story', [[300, 250],[300, 600],[300, 1050]], 'ad-display-ad') .addService(googletag.pubads()); slot.defineSizeMapping([[[1024, 0], [[300,250],[300,600],[300,1050]]], [[0,0], [[300,250]]]]); googletag.enableServices(); slotMachine.add('Display Ad', slot, 'ad-display-ad'); }); By Brett Arends

The most fanatical gun supporters saw the incident as a call to arms — literally.

NRA membership dues skyrocketed by a staggering 62% in the year after Sandy Hook, from $108 million to $176 million. Total revenue in 2013 hit a third of a billion dollars.

As a result, the massive organization saw profits — excuse me, “surpluses” — rocket 2,750% to $57 million.

Of course, that’s before taxes. But, then, it didn’t pay any taxes, for it is a nonprofit charity.

The NRA estimates it was also helped by 150,000 volunteers. How many corporations could boast as much?

The NRA top executives shared that year in a treasure chest of more than $8 million in salary, bonuses, nontaxable benefits, deferred pay and other compensation — a nice payout for an organization that enjoys charitable exemption from U.S. taxes. LaPierre alone made a million bucks a year, which is, ironically, equal to about $100 for every man, woman and child murdered with a gun in America.

who did the NRA shoot? I must have missed that in the news......I know they help law abiding people stay safe from violent criminals......but you morons never point that out.

They help their wallets. To be able to carry a loaded gun around needs to come to an end.

Drinking and driving has ended. You bring guns to the bars? Where do you live? State?

I'm a grandmother. My husband got fixed, I can't believe the Reps are so concerned about unborn life and not about the deaths caused by guns in this country.

We can't believe you're concerned about the deaths from guns and not the murder of innocents. Shall we compare the numbers?

I would never suggest to anyone to have an abortion. Take that up with the Supreme Court .

Take gun ownership up with the Supreme Court....wait...they have and keep getting slapped down.

Didn't you say "I can't believe the Reps are so concerned about unborn life and not the deaths caused by guns..."?

In response to someone else, and a lot of people bring it up, so I thought I'd use it. Any comment? I don't feel the two have anything to do with the other, and to bring it up when talking about gun control is a conservative tactic.

Owning a gun is not a crime(yet)... Drinking and driving is.

Can't compare the two... Apples to oranges

Its a NON PROFIT org.

Drinking and driving has ended. You bring guns to the bars? Where do you live? State?

Drinking and driving has ended.

What planet do you live on?

You bring guns to the bars?

Haven't had a drink in about 25 years, so bars aren't one of my travel spots?

My state?

not your business

In response to someone else, and a lot of people bring it up, so I thought I'd use it. Any comment? I don't feel the two have anything to do with the other, and to bring it up when talking about gun control is a conservative tactic.

I was responding to your comment. But if one is concerned about life...?

Owning a gun is not a crime(yet)... Drinking and driving is.

Can't compare the two... Apples to oranges

Drinking and driving is illegal, but it doesn't stop people from doing so.

Outlawing the right to carry will NOT prevent people from carrying.

Progressives make stuff up... They need their warm and fuzzies to feel good.

Hope and change

Well, really now to be fair: Their government policies have failed miserably and their Black Messiah is the laughing stock of the world.

All the more reason for criminal control... Gun control only works for dictators.

Its a NON PROFIT org.

I agree. Only a total fool would carry around an UNLOADED gun.

Its a NON PROFIT org.

Since when has drinking and driving ended? Where? If you have a concealed carry permit you can certainly enter a bar with a gun.

I'm not standing up for any politician...

They all spend like drunken sailers... Just that Obama has spent like a fleet of drunken sailors.

Mr Hope and change has no clothes

And you don't think they wouldn't? what is it with your hang up with the NRA. that happens to be made up of MILLIONS OF US citizens in this country. You lefties don't a problem WITH UNIONS.

Prove they (Nra) are the ONES going out doing these MASS murders?

this is dumb my dear, sorry

and any other invent that have lots of people, and they can pass the cost onto the people who carry guns.

I should think that is only right, I mean cigs are taxed to death to pay for illnesses. So people who want to own

guns can pay more since now they need to care for the wounded in these mass shootings and whatever the civil awards will be to the families that loose their family members.

Don't expect the ones who do not carry guns to foot the bill.

Does this sound fair??

well ok then. we will expect only you lib/left/democrat to foot the bill for the butchering of little aborted babies through PP. deal?

Musing as to how many deaths will it take til parents show up en masse at the NRA headquarters with torches and pitchforks........................

Musing as to how many deaths will it take til parents show up en masse at the NRA headquarters with torches and pitchforks........................

How many sheep does the left have?

I have a tendency to muse about the number of children killed in Chicago before the neighborhood turns on the gangs.

Which do you think will happen first?

Forum List

Back