Mayorkas now promises "tougher consequences" for illegals doing exactly what he has been rewarding them for. Your thoughts, Democrats?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
"People who do not use available lawful pathways to enter the U.S. now face tougher consequences, including a minimum five-year ban on re-entry and potential criminal prosecution," he said.

That's what Republicans have been demanding that he do for about two years, now. It is what the Trump administration did. But Mayorkas said that Trump "operated from a point of cruelty."

So, how do you feel, Democrats, now that Mayorkas has announced that he will treat people who cross the border as lawbreakers to be expelled under threat of incarceration?

Has Mayorkas turned racist on you?

I'm not a Democrat but he can't just ignore U.S. laws and violate them. The first person he tries to deport sues and wins in court.

I'm not a Democrat but he can't just ignore U.S. laws and violate them. The first person he tries to deport sues and wins in court.
Interesting.

What law is that that says illegal border crossers cannot be deported?

I won't reply to this type of reply.
You do that a lot, pknopp. You make a claim and then get snitty when asked to back it up.

So, I'll make a claim and back it up, to show you how:

I claim that people who cross the border illegally can be deported. Here is my back up:

(a)Classes of deportable aliensAny alien (including an alien crewman) in and admitted to the United States shall, upon the order of the Attorney General, be removed if the alien is within one or more of the following classes of deportable aliens:
(1)Inadmissible at time of entry or of adjustment of status or violates status
(A)Inadmissible aliens
Any alien who at the time of entry or adjustment of status was within one or more of the classes of aliens inadmissible by the law existing at such time is deportable.
(B)Present in violation of law
Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this chapter or any other law of the United States, or whose nonimmigrant visa (or other documentation authorizing admission into the United States as a nonimmigrant) has been revoked under section 1201(i) of this title, is deportable.

It is not hard to back up claims . . . when they are true.

The first facebook official illegal alien I knew was a Canadian. It was decades ago and he had to self-deport and face a short ban from the US or fight his case and face a five year ban from entry if he lost. He self-deported. It was a stupid situation though. He was here on a student visa and took a dippy work study job that was connected to his major as an internship and that caused them to revoke his visa. Just a blond moment thing as opposed to a giant conspiracy.

I never made the claim in the reply.

I sort of get it though, there is such a nasty cauldron of court orders, memos, and other assorted "paperwork" that it's hard to tell what is "legal" now or not as it concerns the invasion at out southern border.

I was talking with a BP friend a few days back and he said the "rules" change literally on a daily basis when they are rattled off in formation at the start of a shift.

There is no way they can keep-up with or even understand the reams of legal speak coming out of DHS.

I suspect that is by design.

I sort of get it though, there is such a nasty cauldron of court orders, memos, and other assorted "paperwork" that it's hard to tell what is "legal" now or not as it concerns the invasion at out southern border.

No it isn't. Read the actual laws. That's what the Asylum courts do regardless of what politicians say.

I was talking with a BP friend a few days back and he said the "rules" change literally on a daily basis when they are rattled off in formation at the start of a shift.

There is no way they can keep-up with or even understand the reams of legal speak coming out of DHS.

I suspect that is by design.

And all the judges have to do is follow the actual laws.

I doubt any Democrat will answer so I'll answer for them.

Democrats are as eager today as yesterday to have more illegals flood the country than ever. But they understand that Biden's handlers have to have Mayorkas talk tough to give the media an axis for their spin in the coming illegal alien tsunami.

But they know it is just talk.

Democrats don't mind when their leaders lie because Dem voters believe themselves to be in on the scam, not victims of the scam.

"People who do not use available lawful pathways to enter the U.S. now face tougher consequences, including a minimum five-year ban on re-entry and potential criminal prosecution," he said.

That's what Republicans have been demanding that he do for about two years, now. It is what the Trump administration did. But Mayorkas said that Trump "operated from a point of cruelty."

So, how do you feel, Democrats, now that Mayorkas has announced that he will treat people who cross the border as lawbreakers to be expelled under threat of incarceration?

Love to see him lead out of a Senate hearing in handcuffs

I never made the claim in the reply.
You said "the first person he tries to deport suse and wins in court."

How do you know that? Cite the legal basis that will cause the first person he tries try to deport to win in court.

Or do you mean that the judge in the first case will be the kind of Judge at ignores the law and does whatever they feel is right? If that's what you meant, you have a point. But you don't know for sure that's going to happen in the very first person who is deported. But maybe you were using hyperbole?

You said "the first person he tries to deport suse and wins in court."

How do you know that? Cite the legal basis that will cause the first person he tries try to deport to win in court.

Or do you mean that the judge in the first case will be the kind of Judge at ignores the law and does whatever they feel is right? If that's what you meant, you have a point. But you don't know for sure that's going to happen in the very first person who is deported. But maybe you were using hyperbole?

Can I Still Apply for Asylum Even if I Am in the United States Illegally?
Yes. You may apply for asylum with USCIS regardless of your immigration status if:

You are not currently in removal proceedings

You file an asylum application within 1 year of arriving to the United States or demonstrate that you are within an exception to that rule.

Questions and Answers: Affirmative Asylum Eligibility and Applications | USCIS

Can I Still Apply for Asylum Even if I Am in the United States Illegally?
Yes. You may apply for asylum with USCIS regardless of your immigration status if:

You are not currently in removal proceedings

You file an asylum application within 1 year of arriving to the United States or demonstrate that you are within an exception to that rule.

Questions and Answers: Affirmative Asylum Eligibility and Applications | USCIS
Ok, fine. You may well be right. Why didn't you just post that instead of pouting because I asked a question?

Of course I never thought that the Biden Administration would ever Deport a single illegal alien unless they were absolutely forced to. So, they may pretend to try to deport someone but provide them an attorney to stall the case forever.

Then, they won't piss off their idiotic base with an actual deportation but they can play to the undecideds with their supposed to get tough policy.

Ok, fine. You may well be right. Why didn't you just post that instead of pouting because I asked a question?

I've posted and discussed this 50 times.

Of course I never thought that the Biden Administration would ever Deport a single illegal alien unless they were absolutely forced to. So, they may pretend to try to deport someone but provide them an attorney to stall the case forever.

Many are deported. Nothing stops them from coming back though.

Then, they won't piss off their idiotic base with an actual deportation but they can play to the undecideds with their supposed to get tough policy.

The directorate conducted 72,177 removals to more than 150 countries worldwide.

ICE releases FY 2022 annual report.

Sorry, I'm not a fanboy that keeps track of all your posts.

Do you not question anything? Do any research and reading on your own? Do you take everything from a politician at face value and just believe it?

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back