Mayorkas says FEMA has no more disaster funds, but IG report says agency is sitting on billions

Obiwan

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2015
Indiana
Looks like FEMA has more money than they claim.

I wonder who they're hoarding it for...

/----/ For Lebanon and Illegals, no doubt.
1728383007224.png

I'm sticking with my take on the situation of it's the Republicans that are crying crocodile tears over the lack of FEMA funds. I believe Speaker Johnson and the House are playing it smart by defunding FEMA. The new fiscal year budget appropriations for FEMA took it out of Immediate Needs Funding (INF) status, a status that had the agency restricted to spending only on lifesaving and life-sustaining activities. With that restriction gone they can now resume funding for past disaster recovery efforts. But the funds provided are far short of meeting new and future disaster recovery needs. Congress will certainly allocate the funds, but doing so in a method that will keep this administration on a very short spending leash.

I'm sticking with my take on the situation of it's the Republicans that are crying crocodile tears over the lack of FEMA funds. I believe Speaker Johnson and the House are playing it smart by defunding FEMA. The new fiscal year budget appropriations for FEMA took it out of Immediate Needs Funding (INF) status, a status that had the agency restricted to spending only on lifesaving and life-sustaining activities. With that restriction gone they can now resume funding for past disaster recovery efforts. But the funds provided are far short of meeting new and future disaster recovery needs. Congress will certainly allocate the funds, but doing so in a method that will keep this administration on a very short spending leash.
Face it, FEMA has some serious issues.

Maybe they should consider changing their agency's name to FUBAR!!!

Forum List

Back