🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McCain on Reorganizing the Pentagon

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
MCCAIN-2.png

I'm not a big fan of McCain but, if he can do something about the massive overhead of the Defense Department, I'm all for it. The comment that, “The Pentagon … is choking on bureaucracy.” is something I saw and have believed for years.

There is a dichotomy. Our country is based upon civilian oversight of our military so it's impossible for us to have a Pentagon without bureaucracy. Someone needs to provide continuity when military personnel rotate through their military assignments. (I knew one guy who spent his entire 206 year career as a game warden in Alaska) But, what do we do about the endless sea of faces that really run things there – and in the rest of our government.

This is an interesting piece with links @ It's Time to Upgrade the Defense Department

MCCAIN-2.png

I'm not a big fan of McCain but, if he can do something about the massive overhead of the Defense Department, I'm all for it. The comment that, “The Pentagon … is choking on bureaucracy.” is something I saw and have believed for years.

There is a dichotomy. Our country is based upon civilian oversight of our military so it's impossible for us to have a Pentagon without bureaucracy. Someone needs to provide continuity when military personnel rotate through their military assignments. (I knew one guy who spent his entire 206 year career as a game warden in Alaska) But, what do we do about the endless sea of faces that really run things there – and in the rest of our government.

This is an interesting piece with links @ It's Time to Upgrade the Defense Department
The military was massively top heavy when I served. And far too many officers were more concerned with getting boxes checked off to ensure their next promotion than actually leading.

The worst back stabbers and political animals you will ever meet are military officers. Heavy competition makes them that way.

MCCAIN-2.png

The military was massively top heavy when I served. And far too many officers were more concerned with getting boxes checked off to ensure their next promotion than actually leading.

The worst back stabbers and political animals you will ever meet are military officers. Heavy competition makes them that way.

I'm sorry you feel that way. In my 23 years, I served with a few selfish, single-minded officers. But, the vast majority were honorable and did their best to do their jobs and look after their subordinates,

In all those 23 years, I despised the vast majority of civilians I was forced to work with. They had their own little fiefdoms and would never, ever step outside of them. They looked down on military personnel, acting like they simply tolerated us in their little kingdoms.

While military personnel busted their butts on 50-60 hour weeks, civilians did their 8hrs per day and not a minute more.

McCain is so full of shit. "Reform" always means "Reorganize then give them MORE money".

I know a Reserve Capt who came back from a deployment and said that Corruption and Theft of funds is rampant, ESPECIALLY at the Officer level.

And no matter how much more capable our troops and weapons are today, they are not capable of being in two places at once.
So how about NOT sending them to 'two places at once" then? What a concept!

Also. the "War On Terror" is TOO vague and can be applied to ANY Country, Person or Movement, Foreign OR Domestic the "Defense" Department sees fit with NO authorization from the VERY Congress that little fvckin' troll sits in.

Forum List

Back