McCain talks of dysfunction in the GOP shutdown

The heart of the GOP is in need of a triple bypass

Many of the Republicans in the house feel trapped and embarrassed by the shutdown

I actually feel sorry for McCain and those hijacked in this mess~

[youtube]czVt8jnOtOc[/youtube]

He should have retired after Obama kicked his ass in 04:eusa_eh:

Senator Jeff Flake, Republican of Arizona, said of Democrats: “We’ve called their bluff, and they didn’t blink. At this point it would kind of strain logic to assume that going deeper into this when Republicans are likely to get the blame will benefit us more.”

Nonetheless, at noon, House Republican leaders summoned reporters and photographers into a gilded room overlooking the National Mall, directing the cameras to capture the empty seats — for Democrats, they said — at the table.

“The way to resolve our differences is to sit down and talk,” said Representative Eric Cantor of Virginia, the No. 2 House Republican. “And as you can see here, there’s no one here on the other side of the table.”

The scene so irritated Mr. Reid that he soon strode onto the Senate floor to denounce such “silly, empty Republican stunts.”

His Republican counterpart, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the minority leader, also took to the floor. “Well, Democrat leaders in Congress finally have their prize — a government shutdown that no one seems to want but them,” he said. “House Republicans worked late into the night this weekend to keep the government open. And Senate Democrats dragged their feet.”

Mr. Reid, a former boxer, interrupted with a jab. “My friend the Republican leader spoke as if George Orwell wrote his speech,” he said. “This is ‘1984,’ where up is down, down is up, east is west.” Nobody was happier to have the government closed than the Tea Party, Mr. Reid said, adding, “We had a good day for the anarchists.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/us/politics/shutdown-debate-congress.html?_r=0

Yeah, I don't understand why when Tea Partiers everywhere are celebrating shutting the government down, the rest of the Republican party is pointing at Democrats, rather than their own deliriously happy fellow congress critters.

It’s a consequence of being insane.

And to ‘celebrate’ the government shutdown is reprehensible.

Agreed.

Since when did John McCain become a right winger?

2008ish when he went hard right in order to beat obama..

Again suck up that McCain goo. This is just another reason you dumbasses are loosing. You are too stupid to even see it.

McCain never went hard right. Give me a break. :lol:

And PPP's most recent poll has Republican voters seriously conservative. Over 70%.

Time for McCain to go.

yes i saw that poll. 70% of republicans are conservative. Wow thats really a shocker. Did you know the sun also rises in the east?

McCain went hard right to try to beat Obama because of the tea party movement.

seriously shut up before you hurt yourself.

Many of the Republicans in the house feel trapped and embarrassed by the shutdown

No conservative gives a bucket of piss what McCain thinks.

2008ish when he went hard right in order to beat obama..

Again suck up that McCain goo. This is just another reason you dumbasses are loosing. You are too stupid to even see it.

And PPP's most recent poll has Republican voters seriously conservative. Over 70%.

Time for McCain to go.

yes i saw that poll. 70% of republicans are conservative. Wow thats really a shocker. Did you know the sun also rises in the east?

:lmao: Thanks for the laugh. McCain has always been a middle of the way gropping moderate. There isn't an ounce of conservatism in him.

Time for McCain to go.

:lmao: Thanks for the laugh. McCain has always been a middle of the way gropping moderate. There isn't an ounce of conservatism in him.

ok buddy....you keep thinking that. I love how you guys rewrite historyas if we cant just go look it all up

You all seemed to be 100% behind him then along with Palin. Guess you all turn your backs on your own as well.

You all seemed to be 100% behind him then along with Palin. Guess you all turn your backs on your own as well.

Oh yeah. McCain is a RINO. I'm surprised you didn't get the memo.

I don't feel sorry for none of those Repubs. They created Frankenstein with the Tea Party, then backs away when Frankenstein throws govt in the lake

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/us/politics/shutdown-debate-congress.html?_r=0

Yeah, I don't understand why when Tea Partiers everywhere are celebrating shutting the government down, the rest of the Republican party is pointing at Democrats, rather than their own deliriously happy fellow congress critters.

Reid has made it clear time and time and time again that it is his way or the highway.

Come on BD you know this to be true. The old bastard should have been tossed long ago. Reid et al are really beginning to think they rule Rome instead of being public servants.

They really do believe in their own press. Their own "gang of..." bullshit.

The House is standing its ground.

The R's in the House have no option but to vote as per their constituents wishes. They are fulfilling their campaign promises.

And kudos to their integrity.
Oh please.

What a warped viewpoint to think Republicans are "helping" the country by hurting the country.

It's like an abused housewife thinking her husband beats her because he loves her.

Total bullshit.

If Republicans want to rescind Obamacare, then do it proactively and not abusively.

Why don't you show me who the Republicans were that ran on a platform of Pro Obamacare, Pro raising the debt ceiling and Pro increasing taxes?

R's weren't elected to go to Washington and get down on their knees and give blow jobs to Harry Reid or to the President.

They are representing their constituents and fulfilling their campaign promises.

If you don't like it tough shit.

Never 100%. He was just a tad better than a community organizer. McCain has only been in it for McCain since he lost the primary to Bush.

Since then all he has done is backstab anyone and everyone in his way. He's a power tripping son of a bitch wanna be CIC who only lives and craves being inside the beltway being feted and fawned on by those who love to refer to him as "maverick".

McCain makes me want to bazooka barf every time he opens his mouth now.

Time for McCain to go.

And that's why he was chosen as the Republican Nominee because he doesn't represent them. Just like when the Rabbit counsel nominated Ralph the Rattlesnake :lol:

The fairy tales Repubs tell themselves to cope...jeez

I don't feel sorry for none of those Repubs. They created Frankenstein with the Tea Party, then backs away when Frankenstein throws govt in the lake

Govt shouldn't only be thrown in the lake, but kept under until it bubbles.

McCain has never been hijacked. He's played his own game too long on Capitol Hill and he's caught out. McCain's been a power tripper for far too long. The young bucks aren't going to eat his shit.

He needs to pull an Arlen Specter and just cross the floor to be at home with the Democrats and get as far away from decent conservatives as possible.

And as far as the House goes. Bullshit. Prove who is trapped and embarrassed considering it was almost unanimously voted for.

If you can't prove it, shut the fuck up.

McCain is a national hero and a proud man

He has served in Congress for over 25 years and remembers what Congress used to be. When there was actual debate and people made consessions for the good of the country and not the good of the party

Of course McCain is embarrassed

John McCain was the last gasp of that part of the republican party that thought they could compromise with democrats.

The lines of division have gotten much harder and deeper since John McCain was nominated. It's gotten much harder and deeper since Mitt Romney was nominated.

John McCain was the last gasp of that part of the republican party that thought they could compromise with democrats.

The lines of division have gotten much harder and deeper since John McCain was nominated. It's gotten much harder and deeper since Mitt Romney was nominated.

Repubs are always looking for the next big thing then it peters out before the greatness happens

Repubs theme song:

[ame=http://youtu.be/OBwS66EBUcY]Bonnie Tyler - I Need a Hero (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Reid has made it clear time and time and time again that it is his way or the highway.

Come on BD you know this to be true. The old bastard should have been tossed long ago. Reid et al are really beginning to think they rule Rome instead of being public servants.

They really do believe in their own press. Their own "gang of..." bullshit.

The House is standing its ground.

The R's in the House have no option but to vote as per their constituents wishes. They are fulfilling their campaign promises.

And kudos to their integrity.
Oh please.

What a warped viewpoint to think Republicans are "helping" the country by hurting the country.

It's like an abused housewife thinking her husband beats her because he loves her.

Total bullshit.

If Republicans want to rescind Obamacare, then do it proactively and not abusively.

Why don't you show me who the Republicans were that ran on a platform of Pro Obamacare, Pro raising the debt ceiling and Pro increasing taxes?

R's weren't elected to go to Washington and get down on their knees and give blow jobs to Harry Reid or to the President.

They are representing their constituents and fulfilling their campaign promises.

If you don't like it tough shit.

Please show me the thread of anyone saying that there are republicans wanting the Obamacare. We are talking about the government shutdown. I looked and I may have missed it.
Anyway here are the 49 Republicans against the shutdown:

The GOP Members of the House
Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK): Asked on MSNBC on Monday if a shutdown was “going to hurt the Republicans,” Cole said, “I do, but more importantly I think it’s going to hurt the American people.”

Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA): “I’m prepared to vote for a clean resolution tomorrow… It’s time to govern. I don’t intend to support a fool’s errand at this point.”
Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ): “Obamacare is definitely not ready for prime time. But I do not want the government to shut down. I think after voting against it some 40 times, we have represented our constituents and made our point.”

Rep. Chris Gibson (R-NY): “From my perspective, the desired end state remains the same — a delay of the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare and a temporary lifting of the sequester — both to January 2015… However, we need a successful strategy to get that implemented, and this approach will not do it.”

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY): “The circus created the past few days isn’t reflective of mainstream Republicans — it projects an image of not being reasonable. The vast majority of Republicans are pretty level-headed and are here to govern.”

Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY): “[A]s a lifelong and consistent supporter of women’s rights and health care, I do not support addressing divisive social issues such as access to birth control on a last-minute continuing resolution.’’
Rep. Peter King (R-NY): “We should not be closing down the government under any circumstances… That doesn’t work, it’s wrong, and, you know, Obamacare passed. We have to try to defund it, we have to try to find ways to repeal it. But the fact is, we shouldn’t be using it as a threat to shut down the government.”

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA): “We’re pretty much out of options at this point. They’re all giddy about it. You know who benefits the most here from a shutdown? The Democrats benefit and they know that.”

Rep. Tom Rooney (R-FL): “The shutdown doesn’t do anything to help our reputation as an incompetent Congress,.. People hire us not to get to this point in the first place.”
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI): “We have to stay on the right side of public opinion… Shutting down the government puts us on the wrong side. The fight is on the debt limit.”

Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA): Wolf warned that his party will be blamed in the case of a shutdown. “That’s the battle that’s going on in my party. There are some that are saying, ‘shut it down! … If we shut the government down, who’s going to fund the [Veteran Affairs] Hospital? Who’s going to fund the veteran who doesn’t have a leg? Who’s going to fund the FBI who’s working on a counter-terrorism case? Who’s going to fund cancer research?”

More here>>>>49 Republicans Who Say Shutting Down The Government Over Obamacare Is A Big Mistake | ThinkProgress

McCain has never been hijacked. He's played his own game too long on Capitol Hill and he's caught out. McCain's been a power tripper for far too long. The young bucks aren't going to eat his shit.

He needs to pull an Arlen Specter and just cross the floor to be at home with the Democrats and get as far away from decent conservatives as possible.

Translation:

"Mo-om!! Johnny Mac won't do the robotic lockstep! Waah! :eusa_boohoo:

Yeah, god forbid anybody should think as an individual.

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution. -- John Adams, POTUS 2

Last edited:

Forum List

Back