🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McCain's Flag Thread and Poll

How long should the WH Flag remain at half mast to honor democrat double agent Juan McCain?

• 24 hours

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 48 hours

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • 72 hours

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Until Trump is Impeached

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ask Uncle Vlad

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm apoplectic that the flag was only lowered for 48 hours! IMPEACH!!!!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
I wonder how the Trump supporters feel about Trump caving in to public pressure?
Can't this White House do the simplest things without screwing up? I can just picture them scurrying around all day investigating protocol and custom and blaming each other for what went wrong. I wonder if Sarah is doing a press briefing today.
What did they do wrong? They followed standard protocol n people went nuts.

Because they were so obviously BARELY following protocol, and coupled with Trump's repeated refusals to say anything about McCain's death beyond, "My condolences to the family", it looked really grudging and snotty and consequently, just about as rude and insulting as refusing to lower the flag at all would have been.

I wonder how the Trump supporters feel about Trump caving in to public pressure?
Can't this White House do the simplest things without screwing up? I can just picture them scurrying around all day investigating protocol and custom and blaming each other for what went wrong. I wonder if Sarah is doing a press briefing today.
Yes, there is the day of and day after protocol that was established by Eisenhower, but prior presidents can and have extended that until it has become customary to keep it lowered until the funeral. As far as nuts goes, that's just more of the same. I guess it really upset the Vets, though, and the military, who loved McCain. Trump respects his military, so maybe that's what changed his mind.

Because they were so obviously BARELY following protocol, and coupled with Trump's repeated refusals to say anything about McCain's death beyond, "My condolences to the family", it looked really grudging and snotty and consequently, just about as rude and insulting as refusing to lower the flag at all would have been.
If trump would have extended it theyd say hes just faking sympathy.

Fucking tired of 100% negative spin

Yes, there is the day of and day after protocol that was established by Eisenhower, but prior presidents can and have extended that until it has become customary to keep it lowered until the funeral. As far as nuts goes, that's just more of the same. I guess it really upset the Vets, though, and the military, who loved McCain. Trump respects his military, so maybe that's what changed his mind.
It still wont make the left happy.

Nothing about trump will and the constant flow of gging of negative spin is so very annoying.

NOT referring to you here but overall in general.

He lowered it for the standard amount of time it's supposed to be lowered for a dead senator, you idiot of another kind! But don't let facts get in the way of you liberals' baby-tantrum outrage.

Yes, under 4 U.S.C. The flag is to be lowered a minimum of two days for members of Congress, but as President Barack Obama did for Ted Kennedy, they can be ordered lowered longer for people like McCain whose service to this nation went above and beyond. Bush and Obama would have ordered it.

As much as I'd prefer to be covered in honey and staked out to an anthill than ever agree with Seabiscuit here about anything, I have to say that it would have cost Trump nothing to be gracious to McCain upon his death, and his repeated inabilities to do so make him look like a small, petty little man. And the more his supporters try to defend and justify this unnecessary vindictiveness, the worse he looks.
It would have been extremely hypocritical of Trump to show McCain any deference. I'm sure democrats had all the "he's a hypocrite " memos distributed including footnotes describing how Trump better not go to the funeral just because of the flag.

The way it turned out was perfect. The crybabies got an empty gesture. They were made to realize that it was as empty as their little heads.

McCain left a message in which he again advocated open borders. His evil lives after him. After hearing that message, I can only agree with Trump more than ever.

The left is going to criticize whatever Trump does, that's a given. However, a lot of people on the right, especially veterans, were offended by Trump's overall behavior in the wake of McCain's death. I know, because I'm one of them. And mind you, as I've said several times, I personally couldn't stand McCain. He was my Senator, and I kept wishing his stupid ass would retire. But he was still a 6-term US Senator, and however much people want to quibble and argue about it, he was accepted as a bona fide war hero, and admired by many as such.

At some point, Trump - and you - have to accept that sometimes it's not "100% negative spin". Sometimes, Trump really is just a petty, childish jackass who could use some lessons in civilized, mature behavior. And this was one of them.

Usually the liberals are burning the flag and crapping on it.

Now the liberals are in a tizzy because the flag isn't being flown according to protocol.

No wonder Liberalism is considered a mental illness. .. :cuckoo: .. :lol: :lol:
You're the one with the mental illness for worshiping that insane, unhinged buffoon. He could be screwing your 10 year old daughter and you still would think it was just fine and dandy and she should be thankful for the privilege. You're that brainwashed.
Before Trump was insane and unhinged, McCain was insane and unhinged.

McCAIN UNHINGED: Called Wife C-Word, Mocked Chelsea Clinton's Appearance, Threatened Grassley & Colleagues – True Pundit

Why is the flag being lowered again? Is there some kind of prescribed time limit?

Usually between passing and internment. IIRC, Senator McCain will be buried on Friday.

.>>>>
Protocol is the day of death and one day after. Only presidents get half staff until internment. Which is probably going to annoy the shit out of the left when Trump does in 20 or more years.

Usually the liberals are burning the flag and crapping on it.

Now the liberals are in a tizzy because the flag isn't being flown according to protocol.

No wonder Liberalism is considered a mental illness. .. :cuckoo: .. :lol: :lol:
The funny thing is protocol was followed. For a flag they kneel for. Leftists are insane.

Last edited:
He lowered it for the standard amount of time it's supposed to be lowered for a dead senator, you idiot of another kind! But don't let facts get in the way of you liberals' baby-tantrum outrage.

Yes, under 4 U.S.C. The flag is to be lowered a minimum of two days for members of Congress, but as President Barack Obama did for Ted Kennedy, they can be ordered lowered longer for people like McCain whose service to this nation went above and beyond. Bush and Obama would have ordered it.

As much as I'd prefer to be covered in honey and staked out to an anthill than ever agree with Seabiscuit here about anything, I have to say that it would have cost Trump nothing to be gracious to McCain upon his death, and his repeated inabilities to do so make him look like a small, petty little man. And the more his supporters try to defend and justify this unnecessary vindictiveness, the worse he looks.
It would have been extremely hypocritical of Trump to show McCain any deference. I'm sure democrats had all the "he's a hypocrite " memos distributed including footnotes describing how Trump better not go to the funeral just because of the flag.

The way it turned out was perfect. The crybabies got an empty gesture. They were made to realize that it was as empty as their little heads.

McCain left a message in which he again advocated open borders. His evil lives after him. After hearing that message, I can only agree with Trump more than ever.

No, it wouldn't have been hypocritical. It would have been mature and courteous. Most people still understand the difference. Which is why he was NOT correct, and why he was forced to backpedal and do it properly: because it wasn't only the left "crybabies" who found his initial behavior unacceptable.

Trump was wrong. There is no excuse or rationalization or attack on McCain that will make that not be true.

It still wont make the left happy.

Nothing about trump will and the constant flow of gging of negative spin is so very annoying.

NOT referring to you here but overall in general.
Well, cheer up. He got away with revoking those security clearances, though. Pettiness sometimes wins.

Did trump grow a heart....or pressure do it?

If I were Trump I would alternate up or down about every 4 hours. Then I would change how far down, say 3/4 of the way and then 1/4 of the way and then back up again.

At the end of the day, every news outlet will be transfixed by the flag wondering what it all means.

I see my comment was removed, but I still stand by it. Sunni is so in love with the traitor that there's nothing trump can do that would turn him against him, no matter how vile that is. I'll leave it at that because as vile as some of your comments are here, the mods apparently don't like someone who points out the truth of the cultists who worship trump. They wouldn't care if he was another Warren Jeffs, they'd still stand behind him.

I see my comment was removed, but I still stand by it. Sunni is so in love with the traitor that there's nothing trump can do that would turn him against him, no matter how vile that is. I'll leave it at that because as vile as some of your comments are here, the mods apparently don't like someone who points out the truth of the cultists who worship trump. They wouldn't care if he was another Warren Jeffs, they'd still stand behind him.
I reported your post because it was an attack on a family member, and involved pedophilia. Both of which are against the board's rules.

Mystery solved...... :cool: ... :thup:

Last edited:

The left is going to criticize whatever Trump does, that's a given. However, a lot of people on the right, especially veterans, were offended by Trump's overall behavior in the wake of McCain's death. I know, because I'm one of them. And mind you, as I've said several times, I personally couldn't stand McCain. He was my Senator, and I kept wishing his stupid ass would retire. But he was still a 6-term US Senator, and however much people want to quibble and argue about it, he was accepted as a bona fide war hero, and admired by many as such.

At some point, Trump - and you - have to accept that sometimes it's not "100% negative spin". Sometimes, Trump really is just a petty, childish jackass who could use some lessons in civilized, mature behavior. And this was one of them.
Sometimes he is/does.

A lot of times.

But trump control this or the WH staff?

Also if the left didnt make EVERYTHING negative, the real problems would be much more self evident.

And if trump did something you liked, youd still attack him.

Forum List

Back