🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McCain's Flag Thread and Poll

How long should the WH Flag remain at half mast to honor democrat double agent Juan McCain?

• 24 hours

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 48 hours

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • 72 hours

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Until Trump is Impeached

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ask Uncle Vlad

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm apoplectic that the flag was only lowered for 48 hours! IMPEACH!!!!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
What did they do wrong? They followed standard protocol n people went nuts.

Because they were so obviously BARELY following protocol, and coupled with Trump's repeated refusals to say anything about McCain's death beyond, "My condolences to the family", it looked really grudging and snotty and consequently, just about as rude and insulting as refusing to lower the flag at all would have been.
If trump would have extended it theyd say hes just faking sympathy.

Fucking tired of 100% negative spin

The left is going to criticize whatever Trump does, that's a given. However, a lot of people on the right, especially veterans, were offended by Trump's overall behavior in the wake of McCain's death. I know, because I'm one of them. And mind you, as I've said several times, I personally couldn't stand McCain. He was my Senator, and I kept wishing his stupid ass would retire. But he was still a 6-term US Senator, and however much people want to quibble and argue about it, he was accepted as a bona fide war hero, and admired by many as such.

At some point, Trump - and you - have to accept that sometimes it's not "100% negative spin". Sometimes, Trump really is just a petty, childish jackass who could use some lessons in civilized, mature behavior. And this was one of them.

Enough of this bullshit already, McCain is just one of many POWs that served this country, most pass with no fanfare at all. Being a politician doesn't make him more special than others who worked hard to keep this country running in other occupations. Treating politician as American Nobility is antithetical to the American founding and a government by, of and for the people. McCain is only one of many Americans that passed on Saturday, at an advanced age and form natural causes, he deserves no more than they.

:dig:

So you got nothing but sucking the politician, figures.

He lowered it for the standard amount of time it's supposed to be lowered for a dead senator, you idiot of another kind! But don't let facts get in the way of you liberals' baby-tantrum outrage.

Ya...while every other flag on a government building in DC was at half staff....the nine year old had a tantrum and ordered the WH flag back to the top....slug

I wonder how the Trump supporters feel about Trump caving in to public pressure?
Can't this White House do the simplest things without screwing up? I can just picture them scurrying around all day investigating protocol and custom and blaming each other for what went wrong. I wonder if Sarah is doing a press briefing today.

With Stephen Miller in his office sticking pins in dark skin dolls...."Screw the flag! Let's separate some more refugee families. THAT WAS FUN!"

Why is the flag being lowered again? Is there some kind of prescribed time limit?

There is a prescribed time limit, but traditionally, it's left at half-mast until the Senator in question is buried. For Trump to snap it back up the second the prescribed time limit is reached looks petty, vindictive, and childish.

Which, let's face it, are all kinda known aspects of Trump's personality.

It is what a nine year old would do to a child on the playground....trump is scum....

Why is the flag being lowered again? Is there some kind of prescribed time limit?
Flags are still lowered here at Ft Campbell.

That is because the base commander is more respectful and smarter than Trump.
So lowering flags to half-mast makes someone smarter?
What other things make one smarter?

Calling people racists.

Misreading tweets and attacking Trump for something he didn't say.

Calling people Nazis.

Thinking Russia runs the country.

The list goes on ...
Are you lining up to replace Sarah Huckabee Sander when she leave because you sound just like her with that total bullshit comment. Or, to quote Giuliani, "truth isn't truth."
There's no "misreading his tweets" when they're about as clear as his 3rd grade mind can make them.
There are proud Nazis out there who brag about being one. And unless you are blind, he kowtowed to Putin on the international stage and took his side against this country. He was in a private meeting with him for two and a half hours where NO ONE ELSE was allowed to witness it. I can see what you would have said if Obama did that, or even GW Bush, or Reagan or any of the other presidents in the past decade. You would be screaming from the rooftops that they were traitors, but for some reason, when this man did it, you are silent. When he finally loses his usefulness for Putin, his ass will meet a painful end, just like all of the others Putin was finished with. But by then, this country will be under the rule of a real dictator and not the pathetic wannabe in the WH now.

It was lowered for the proscribed amount of time. Then the left had a tantrum.

Not just the left. A lot of people on the right, including me, thought Trump's behavior overall regarding McCain's passing was immature and pointless.

He is a child....Kim told him what he wanted to hear and suddenly the North Korean threat is over!

Yeah....sure Donnie....

He lowered it for the standard amount of time it's supposed to be lowered for a dead senator, you idiot of another kind! But don't let facts get in the way of you liberals' baby-tantrum outrage.

Ya...while every other flag on a government building in DC was at half staff....the nine year old had a tantrum and ordered the WH flag back to the top....slug

OMG, Democrats are so soft and weak. Imagine if you were lost in the woods and had to go a half hour without food or water. You'd just lie down and die.

OMG, Trump is flying the flag at half mast, no wait he isn't, no he is again. OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG ... :ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

Flags are still lowered here at Ft Campbell.

That is because the base commander is more respectful and smarter than Trump.
So lowering flags to half-mast makes someone smarter?
What other things make one smarter?

Calling people racists.

Misreading tweets and attacking Trump for something he didn't say.

Calling people Nazis.

Thinking Russia runs the country.

The list goes on ...
Are you lining up to replace Sarah Huckabee Sander when she leave because you sound just like her with that total bullshit comment. Or, to quote Giuliani, "truth isn't truth."
There's no "misreading his tweets" when they're about as clear as his 3rd grade mind can make them.
There are proud Nazis out there who brag about being one. And unless you are blind, he kowtowed to Putin on the international stage and took his side against this country. He was in a private meeting with him for two and a half hours where NO ONE ELSE was allowed to witness it. I can see what you would have said if Obama did that, or even GW Bush, or Reagan or any of the other presidents in the past decade. You would be screaming from the rooftops that they were traitors, but for some reason, when this man did it, you are silent. When he finally loses his usefulness for Putin, his ass will meet a painful end, just like all of the others Putin was finished with. But by then, this country will be under the rule of a real dictator and not the pathetic wannabe in the WH now.

If I was so wrong, then why did you recognize yourself so quickly?

I wonder how the Trump supporters feel about Trump caving in to public pressure?
Can't this White House do the simplest things without screwing up? I can just picture them scurrying around all day investigating protocol and custom and blaming each other for what went wrong. I wonder if Sarah is doing a press briefing today.

Because they were so obviously BARELY following protocol, and coupled with Trump's repeated refusals to say anything about McCain's death beyond, "My condolences to the family", it looked really grudging and snotty and consequently, just about as rude and insulting as refusing to lower the flag at all would have been.

If you haven't come to the conclusion at this point that trump is a TOTAL DICK....you have not been paying attention.

And trump supporters have lost the concept of what America stands for

Yes, other people paying our bills, race baiting, blaming America first, Fake News, disrespecting the flag. I mean wow, it brings back the memory of what America used to be as embodied by the Democrat party

Then tell YOUR president to quit acting like a Dick....

Then tell YOUR president to quit acting like a Dick....
I just got off the phone with him and said to tell Jimmy to pound sand!

Did trump grow a heart....or pressure do it?
Our President looks like a moron

He acts like a child and then bounces back and forth

A Double Felon moron at this point. Soon to be promoted to Felon in Chief!

Really? How so?

I think Jimbo is actually a random quote generating computer program. You enter a noun, a verb and an insulting word and it spews out a post

Yes, under 4 U.S.C. The flag is to be lowered a minimum of two days for members of Congress, but as President Barack Obama did for Ted Kennedy, they can be ordered lowered longer for people like McCain whose service to this nation went above and beyond. Bush and Obama would have ordered it.

As much as I'd prefer to be covered in honey and staked out to an anthill than ever agree with Seabiscuit here about anything, I have to say that it would have cost Trump nothing to be gracious to McCain upon his death, and his repeated inabilities to do so make him look like a small, petty little man. And the more his supporters try to defend and justify this unnecessary vindictiveness, the worse he looks.
It would have been extremely hypocritical of Trump to show McCain any deference. I'm sure democrats had all the "he's a hypocrite " memos distributed including footnotes describing how Trump better not go to the funeral just because of the flag.

The way it turned out was perfect. The crybabies got an empty gesture. They were made to realize that it was as empty as their little heads.

McCain left a message in which he again advocated open borders. His evil lives after him. After hearing that message, I can only agree with Trump more than ever.

McCain NEVER advocated open borders...you are just parroting a GOP talking point.

Forum List

Back