McCarthy: 'I earned this job', Boebert when he finished: "that's Bullsh*t": GOP explodes in meeting before speaker vote, which you can watch live here

A lot of those people I disagree with as well but lol at putting people like Gaetz and Boebert and MTG at the same intellectual level as any of those. If you think MTG is any type of deep thinker you need to take a look in the mirror.
Srsly?

You're suggesting Maxine Waters is a deep thinker? :p

It's the American People's speaker, chosen by our representatives. The role doesn't belong to McCarthy. STOP the rigging of Congress with all these rules designed to RIG it and concentrate all the power into the hands of a few.
You nut cases think everything is rigged if it does not go the way you want.

I hear Steve Scalese is the compromise Speaker choice, we're just fine.

And I've heard that Scalise is worse than McCarthy for the things they hate McCarthy for. ITMT, shades of 2017 all over again, the GOP have known since two months ago they needed to decide on a Speaker, and had months before that to think about it, and just as they fell totally unprepared in 2017 to carry out any meaningful agenda promised us since 2008, here they are again totally unprepared, with people I trusted on both sides of either picking or not picking him while apparently McCarthy isn't helping his case one bit.

I kinda really hoped that Trump would take the job just to blow the left's fuses, but right now, the best alternative I can think of is Jim Jordan, but I don't even see him on the list of consideration.

Lol, so day two and no speaker. It's not like they didn't have months to prepare for this. Oh ya they did. Hilarious what a shit show!

And I've heard that Scalise is worse than McCarthy for the things they hate McCarthy for. ITMT, shades of 2017 all over again, the GOP have known since two months ago they needed to decide on a Speaker, and had months before that to think about it, and just as they fell totally unprepared in 2017 to carry out any meaningful agenda promised us since 2008, here they are again totally unprepared, with people I trusted on both sides of either picking or not picking him while apparently McCarthy isn't helping his case one bit.

I kinda really hoped that Trump would take the job just to blow the left's fuses, but right now, the best alternative I can think of is Jim Jordan, but I don't even see him on the list of consideration.
Trump is a has-been.

Lol, so day two and no speaker. It's not like they didn't have months to prepare for this. Oh ya they did. Hilarious what a shit show!
Once they decide on a speaker the shit show will go on.
What we have seen for 2 days we will see for 2 years.

the GOP is on a ride to nowhere, in complete disarray. watch the fireworks here, starting 35 minutes from now. McCarthy will be the 1st Speaker-to-be to not get through on the 1st ballot in 100 years. God bless our messy democracy, and God help us all!

Enough of "statemanship". Now that means who can lie the most, who can get the most $$ from lobbyists.

Completely counter to our founding.

Instead, what McCarthy is doing is selling out to a minority of nine Congress members out if a caucus of 220

McCarthy is allowing himself to be blackmailed by the extremists at the expense of loyal Republicans
Loyalty is for dogs. Something is rotten in the GOP and you can’t blame Trump any longer.

Lol. I am not sure they are capable of figuring this out. Not sure they can elect a speaker. There better not be one Democrat that crosses the isle unless it's for a dem speaker. Let those ducks with an f own this.

If the Freedom Caucus doesn't win we will see a continuation of the filthy ass Big Government shit that has been going on for the last 70 years.

If the Freedom Caucus doesn't win we will see a continuation of the filthy ass Big Government shit that has been going on for the last 70 years.
We need to get away government is so influenced by big money, but we cannot have government dominated by the extremes on both sides.

We need to get away government is so influenced by big money, but we cannot have government dominated by the extremes on both sides.
It is not "extreme" to be fiscally responsible for a change.

Jim Jordan was nominated by Gaetz. Got ~19 votes.
This is why they say we don't want to see the sausage being made.
Let them vote 200x, I don't care. I just don't want to watch it over and over and over on TV.

Republicans are supposed to be competent. Looks like 2024 will be another GOP disappointment.

Ya dance with who brung ya. The billionaires and oligarchs call the tune.

Forum List

Back