Mcclatchy: leaking Ford's letter not illegal, doesn't break rules

You stated that GOP members of the Judiciary Committee knew about Ford's allegations prior to their being leaked by Democratic members at the 11th hour. I asked you to back up that claim. Have you? No...what you did was declare that what you said was an "opinion" and therefore for some unknown reason you don't have to back up what you claimed.

It's obvious that your opinion...or whatever you wish to label your claim...was incorrect. If it WASN'T...one would assume you would have provided proof that a Republican member of that committee DID know about Ford's allegations!

So once again...admit that you WERE wrong...apologize for the claim...AND MOVE ON!

I was not wrong, I gave my opinion and nobody has offered a single fact to show that my opinion is incorrect.

I have no proof that a Republican member of that committee DID know about Ford's allegations, because if I did then it would not longer be an opinion, it would be a fact.

You really just seem to not understand what an opinion is. Perhaps if you were go redo 4th grade you would learn what an opinion is and then we could move forward.

You stated that GOP members of the Judiciary Committee knew about Ford's allegations prior to their being leaked by Democratic members at the 11th hour. I asked you to back up that claim. Have you? No...what you did was declare that what you said was an "opinion" and therefore for some unknown reason you don't have to back up what you claimed.

It's obvious that your opinion...or whatever you wish to label your claim...was incorrect. If it WASN'T...one would assume you would have provided proof that a Republican member of that committee DID know about Ford's allegations!

So once again...admit that you WERE wrong...apologize for the claim...AND MOVE ON!

I was not wrong, I gave my opinion and nobody has offered a single fact to show that my opinion is incorrect.

I have no proof that a Republican member of that committee DID know about Ford's allegations, because if I did then it would not longer be an opinion, it would be a fact.

You really just seem to not understand what an opinion is. Perhaps if you were go redo 4th grade you would learn what an opinion is and then we could move forward.

You're right...you have no proof that a Republican member of the committee knew about Ford's allegations...yet you made that claim ANYWAYS!

As for proof that they did? Do you seriously think that if any of the Republicans on that committee HAD know earlier that it wouldn't have been brought up to excuse what Diane Feinstein and the Democrats did at the 11th hour? That's simple common sense...something sorely lacking in your "opinion"!

You're right...you have no proof that a Republican member of the committee knew about Ford's allegations...yet you made that claim ANYWAYS!

Yes, I stated my opinion, there is no proof my opinion is correct or incorrect, that is what makes it an opinion. This is so hard for you, I feel bad for confusing you so much.

As for proof that they did? Do you seriously think that if any of the Republicans on that committee HAD know earlier that it wouldn't have been brought up to excuse what Diane Feinstein and the Democrats did at the 11th hour? That's simple common sense...something sorely lacking in your "opinion"!

Not at all, you are too naive in the way these things work.

Yes, I stated my opinion, there is no proof my opinion is correct or incorrect, that is what makes it an opinion. This is so hard for you, I feel bad for confusing you so much.

Not at all, you are too naive in the way these things work.

Oh, so now your "opinion" is that if a GOP member of the Judiciary Committee HAD known...it wouldn't have been brought up by the Democrats? And you call me naïve? Now THAT is amusing!

Oh, so now your "opinion" is that if a GOP member of the Judiciary Committee HAD known...it wouldn't have been brought up by the Democrats? And you call me naïve? Now THAT is amusing!

I agree, you are very amusing.

The Dems and the Repubs make all sorts of backroom deals that you and I never know about. They are not really the mortal enemies they pretend to be in pubic to keep the sheep like you happy.

This latest episode with Kavanaugh is just more kabuki theater. Both sides got what they wanted out of it.

I agree, you are very amusing.

The Dems and the Repubs make all sorts of backroom deals that you and I never know about. They are not really the mortal enemies they pretend to be in pubic to keep the sheep like you happy.

This latest episode with Kavanaugh is just more kabuki theater. Both sides got what they wanted out of it.

Ah...so now the Democrats on the committee made a "backroom deal" not to reveal that the GOP members knew about Ford's allegations all along? What would that GET them? It's obvious to anyone BUT you that if the Democrats had possessed that card they would have gleefully played it!

The more you try to argue for your "opinion"...the more absurd you become! Quit while you are behind!

Ah...so now the Democrats on the committee made a "backroom deal" not to reveal that the GOP members knew about Ford's allegations all along? What would that GET them? It's obvious to anyone BUT you that if the Democrats had possessed that card they would have gleefully played it!

Why would the Dems out the Repubs? The Dems are still claiming they did not hold the letter for political purposes, outing the Repubs just outs them also.

You are new to politics in this country, arent you?

Metoo liberals (men and women) would still gladly suck bill off and they claim how they support women.

Why would the Dems out the Repubs? The Dems are still claiming they did not hold the letter for political purposes, outing the Repubs just outs them also.

They would use a GOP member knowing about the letter as "proof" that it wasn't held until the last moment and then used as something to delay the confirmation! Your claim that they made a deal not to is laughable.

They would use a GOP member knowing about the letter as "proof" that it wasn't held until the last moment and then used as something to delay the confirmation! Your claim that they made a deal not to is laughable.

The GOP being told about the letter days before its release does not alter the fact the Dems held on to it for more than a month prior to that. You really are not very good at this, but considering you do not know the difference between an opinion and a fact, I should not be surprised.

The GOP being told about the letter days before its release does not alter the fact the Dems held on to it for more than a month prior to that. You really are not very good at this, but considering you do not know the difference between an opinion and a fact, I should not be surprised.

The GOP was not told about the letter days before it's release. You keep making that claim and you keep failing to back it up with proof that ever happened.

The GOP was not told about the letter days before it's release.

Since you just made a claim, prove it. Prove they were not told about the letter days before it release.

You keep making that claim and you keep failing to back it up with proof that ever happened.

It is my opinion that they were, and you have offered nothing to show my opinion is wrong except for your own opinion.

Since you just made a claim, prove it. Prove they were not told about the letter days before it release.

You keep making that claim and you keep failing to back it up with proof that ever happened.

It is my opinion that they were, and you have offered nothing to show my opinion is wrong except for your own opinion.

I beg your pardon, Gator but it was YOU that made the claim! Why on earth would I have to prove anything! I simply pointed out that common sense tells anyone who thinks about this for even a few moments that if the GOP had in fact known about Ford's allegations before the letter was leaked by Democrats at the 11th hour...that those same Democrats would have used that prior knowledge against the GOP. The fact that they have NOT...makes your claim rather hard to believe!

I beg your pardon, Gator but it was YOU that made the claim! Why on earth would I have to prove anything! I simply pointed out that common sense tells anyone who thinks about this for even a few moments that if the GOP had in fact known about Ford's allegations before the letter was leaked by Democrats at the 11th hour...that those same Democrats would have used that prior knowledge against the GOP. The fact that they have NOT...makes your claim rather hard to believe!

You just stated, and I quote "The GOP was not told about the letter days before it's release"

That is a claim, a claim that you just made.

Now, feel free to support you claim since are claiming it is a fact, or is it just your opinion?

You just stated, and I quote "The GOP was not told about the letter days before it's release"

Now, feel free to support you claim since are claiming it is a fact, or is it just your opinion?

That's a response to the claim that YOU made! Now do you have even a SHRED of proof that ever took place...or are you ready to admit that you were claiming that WITHOUT any proof?

That's a response to the claim that YOU made! Now do you have even a SHRED of proof that ever took place...or are you ready to admit that you were claiming that WITHOUT any proof?

I have admitted like 10 times now that I have no proof for my opinion....because if I had proof it would no longer be an opinion.

I have admitted like 10 times now that I have no proof for my opinion....because if I had proof it would no longer be an opinion.

You lied by omission when you made the original statement. Then you arrogantly demanded that folks prove a negative, which is impossible.

You made a fool of yourself. You admitted you lied, now just accept it and drop it. You have proven yourself irrelevant and a liar.

Forum List

Back