McDonald's boycotts Israeli settlements!!!!!

Acutually, not so much within the law.

Ariel is defined by the Israeli law as part of Israel, and Mr. Pedan, as Israeli, is obligated to behave according to the Israeli law.

Since Ariel is defined by our government as part of Israel, his behavior is considered unjustified discrimination. he cannot really do that, in the same way that he cannot tell an Arab or a Black man to enter his restaurant.

Again, this is not a policy of McDonalds world-wide boycott, but a boycott of an Israeli leftist on other Israelis.

There is nothing legal here.

Noone can force a business to open up where they choose to not do so. Its called Freedom.

Freedom is part of the Israeli Basic law of human dignity.

But so is equality.

Mr. Pedan doesn't own a private company. As i have said before, if it was about McDonald's official policy of not supporting the settlements, then it would have been acceptable.

However, it is not. It is a policy of one man. one man who chose to boycott thousands of civilians based on residence.

THAT is illegal.

Once you serve, you serve all, you cannot chose to discriminate a total population based on political views, that is not freedom, and that is not legal.

Tomorrow the CEO of cellular company decided he doesn't serve Christians.

Will you see this as "freedom", as well? will anyone?

Somehow, I highly doubt it!

The UN claims the Basic Laws deny Palestinian children and Bedouin children and Arab Israeli children and Ethiopian children and children of migrant workers and children of asylum seekers freedom from discrimination. So much for your claim people in Israel and/or the OPT have freedom and equality, its obviously a false claim. And I continue to maintain Israel cannot force a company to open a business in the illegal settlements. http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/9a...462f6cd01d9e31e485257b90004850d3?OpenDocument

Last edited:
Noone can force a business to open up where they choose to not do so. Its called Freedom.

But so is equality.

Mr. Pedan doesn't own a private company. As i have said before, if it was about McDonald's official policy of not supporting the settlements, then it would have been acceptable.

However, it is not. It is a policy of one man. one man who chose to boycott thousands of civilians based on residence.

THAT is illegal.

Once you serve, you serve all, you cannot chose to discriminate a total population based on political views, that is not freedom, and that is not legal.

The UN claims the Basic Laws deny Palestinian children and Bedouin children and Arab Israeli children and Ethiopian children and children of migrant workers and children of asylum seekers freedom from discrimination. So much for your claim people in Israel and/or the OPT have freedom and equality, its obviously a false claim. And I continue to maintaim Israel cannot force a company to do business in the illegal settlements.

There she goes with the "illegal settlements" lies again.

The settlements are not and never have been illegal.

But so is equality.

THAT is illegal.

The UN claims the Basic Laws deny Palestinian children and Bedouin children and Arab Israeli children and Ethiopian children and children of migrant workers and children of asylum seekers freedom from discrimination. So much for your claim people in Israel and/or the OPT have freedom and equality, its obviously a false claim. And I continue to maintaim Israel cannot force a company to do business in the illegal settlements.

What are you rattling about? I am not discussing the illegal settlements here. I am addressing a finding of a UN body that Israels Basic Laws do not give rights to not be discriminated against to certain persons in the land. UN Report dated June 14, 2013 United Nations Convention on the Rights of The Child, Report by Committee on the Rights of the Child. CRC/C/ISR/CO/2-4. PG 5. http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/9a...462f6cd01d9e31e485257b90004850d3?OpenDocument

Last edited:

What are you rattling about? I am not discussing the illegal settlements here. I am addressing a finding of a UN body that Israels Basic Laws do not give rights to not be discriminated against to certain persons in the land. UN Report dated June 14, 2013 United Nations Convention on the Rights of The Child, Report by Committee on the Rights of the Child. CRC/C/ISR/CO/2-4. PG 5

You mentioned illegal settlements! Since they are not illegal then don't use that term.

What are you rattling about? I am not discussing the illegal settlements here. I am addressing a finding of a UN body that Israels Basic Laws do not give rights to not be discriminated against to certain persons in the land. UN Report dated June 14, 2013 United Nations Convention on the Rights of The Child, Report by Committee on the Rights of the Child. CRC/C/ISR/CO/2-4. PG 5

You mentioned illegal settlements! Since they are not illegal then don't use that term.

The settlements are illegal, they violate The Fourth Geneva Convention.

What does the law say about the establishment of settlements in occupied territory?

05-10-2010 FAQ

It is unlawful under the Fourth Geneva Convention for an occupying power to transfer parts of its own population into the territory it occupies. This means that international humanitarian law prohibits the establishment of settlements, as these are a form of population transfer into occupied territory. Any measure designed to expand or consolidate settlements is also illegal. Confiscation of land to build or expand settlements is similarly prohibited.* What does the law say about the establishment of settlements in occupied territory? This is from The International Red Cross.

Last edited:
From Human Rights Watch, Israel: Bush Should Lay Down the Law on Settlements, April 11, 2005. Israel: Bush Should Lay Down the Law on Settlements | Human Rights Watch. "Israel's policy of encouraging, financing, establishing, and expanding Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories violates two main principles of international humanitarian law, or the laws of war. Under the Fourth Geneva Convention, to which Israel is a party, states are prohibited from transferring civilians from the occupying power's territory into the occupied territory, and from creating permanent changes in the occupied territory that are not for the benefit of the occupied population.”Israel is not only violating international law in expanding its settlements, but also its commitments under the “road map” to freeze them,” said Whitson. “Israel must evacuate its settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem in order to uphold its responsibilities as an occupying power.”

The settlements are illegal under intl law. Learn some LAW. I cited The International Court of Justice Opinion (the highest legal authority in our world) and the Intl Red Cross and HRW and Amnesty, all of whom agree that the settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories are unlawful. Something happened to the Amnesty post and post to the International Court of Justice Opinion post. Both sources clearly state settlements in the Occupied Territories are illegal. Here is a link to an article addressing THE LAW. http://adalahny.org/campaign-main-document/538/illegality-all-israeli-settlements

Last edited:
We have a company, McDonalds, who refuses to open a business in an illegal Jewish only settlement in the Occupied West Bank. I think its wonderful news!

The settlements are illegal under intl law. Learn some LAW. I cited The International Court of Justice Opinion (the highest legal authority in our world) and the Intl Red Cross and HRW and Amnesty, all of whom agree that the settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories are unlawful.

BS. Watch those videos and read the summary of the Professor's book. Perhaps even get the book.

There is nothing that makes Israel's building on the West Bank illegal. The land was given to Israel in 1922. Nothing can dispute that, no UN Resolutions etc., to divide up the land.

Perhaps the interviews are too long for you to concentrate on, so I will show you this again. Watch, listen and learn.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubDhnM0MUmY]Howard Grief - EC4I middle east conflict documentary: Give Peace A Chance - YouTube[/ame]

When posting sourced material kindly check the links to confirm they provide the required material and source.

Can you please stop spamming this thread with your constant copy pasting ?? Jeez !!

It isn't spam to post a linked reference to international law when a poster, Sweet_Caroline, disputes such law.
Israel claims they're legal but the rest of the world say they are not.

But so is equality.

THAT is illegal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnQBptXc_Y4]Israeli settlers evicted from the West Bank - YouTube[/ame]

So what? McD is overpriced rubbish which makes people fat and gives them health issues.

McD sells high fat, high sugar products that may well be the cause of serious health problems; maybe even death.
I fully support a McD on every street corner in the Zionist occupied lands.
Given what your friendly Muslim brethren are doing to innocent others, Freddy, there are probably those who wish that Mcdonald's would sneak in a little ground pork into all its hamburgers which are sold in Muslim countries. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Since you are wishing death on Zionists in the disputed territories with Mcdonald's food, maybe when the Muslims find out about ground pork in their Mcdonald's hamburgers, some of them will commit seppuku.

Who cares. College students, (students of all religions including Muslim) as well as those with high spending power will simply go elsewhere for take-outs. There is no shortage of food outlets in the area.
It's amusing how some posters are making such a big deal out of this when it is one man who owns the Mcdonald's franchises in Israel. Better that those like Frau Sherri start a campaign so that the guy in Michigan who owns two Mcdonald's starts selling Halah chicken once again for their Muslim friends in the area. Meanwhile, with all this concentrating on Mcdonald's by Frau Sherri and her like-minded friends, look at all the American technology companies who have set up shop in Israel. Maybe Frau Sherri can tell us why these companies haven't set up something in the countries of her Muslim buddies. Could it be that her friends are too busy killing others in the name of a religion?

Everone keeps saying who cares about things like this, but I recently read Israeli companies had 50 million dollars in losses the past year because of cyber attacks. So, the truth is these kind of things do really matter. God only knows how many companies are watching and will follow McDonalds example set here and choose Integrity!
It's strange that you should speak of integrity, Frau Sherri, when your friends are so busy killing others. Is anyone asking for the owners of the various franchises in Muslim countries to just close up because his clients are busy murdering other people because of their religion or sect? I don't know if there are Mcdonald's or Burger Kings in someplace like Pakistan, but imagine if the Shiites started a campaign against the Sunni owners to shut them down because the Sunnis were busy car and suicide bombing them. Of course by now it is realized that you don't care how many Shiites are killed this way, but they are being killed just the same.

McDonald's refuses to operate in Jewish settlement

Nice job McDonald's!!!

Way to choose the moral and just path!!!

Gonna go get me some McNuggets right now!!!!

And of course, the right-wing extremists will label them anti-Semites & anti-Israelis, even though McDonald's has lots of restaurants in Israel.

McDonalds is kosher in Israel, but not here in America. How can you get McNuggets? Didn't you say that you were Jewish?

McDonalds in Syria
original.jpg

Ba-da-da-da-da-I'm lovin' it!

*Note: The preceding post was satire. The photo is not actually of a Syrian McDonalds. But... it could be, could it not?

Forum List

Back