McDonald's boycotts Israeli settlements!!!!!

The whole situation has NOTHING to do with McDonalds at the corporate level: it is the decision of the franchise owner, Mr. Pedan.

And apparently, Mr Pedan is breaking the law - just as he would if he ordered his employees to turn away Arab or Muslim or any other customers.

He is choosing to have a soul and a heart and morality!

yeah, yeah, whatever - but Pedan is not 'McDonalds': he's just one franchisee. I'd think an attorney would understand the difference between a corporate policy and an individual franchisee's choices.

Look on the bright side. It means Sherri is going to eat McDonald's morning, noon and night. :razz:

So what? McD is overpriced rubbish which makes people fat and gives them health issues.

McD sells high fat, high sugar products that may well be the cause of serious health problems; maybe even death.
I fully support a McD on every street corner in the Zionist occupied lands.

McDonalds is doing the right thing. They are wonderful. Restaurants all over Israel & even in keeping with orthodox Jewish food laws. Why would they want to open restaurant in a potential war zone? Support Mc Donalds.

They clearly aren't anti-Israel.

They simply are against the settlements, many of which are built on stolen land.

Blah blah, occupation, illegal settlements, stolen land, blah blah. Give it a rest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqJ-JR_vBo0]THIS IS MY LAND - YouTube[/ame]

So what? McD is overpriced rubbish which makes people fat and gives them health issues.

McD sells high fat, high sugar products that may well be the cause of serious health problems; maybe even death.

Considering McD is going to have reduced sales figures now, I think your wish for Jews to get fat and ill from the rubbish that McD serves up will not come true.

As they say, G-d moves in mysterious ways.

Considering McD is going to have reduced sales figures now, I think your wish for Jews to get fat and ill from the rubbish that McD serves up will not come true.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwTw4SiStU]Israel's high obesity rate - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwTw4SiStU]Israel's high obesity rate - YouTube[/ame]

Well, less McD can help now.
A fat reservist finds a huge amount of difficulty on their reserve duty, so a great incentive to keep to a reasonable weight.

Worry about your own countries obesity problem

McDonald's refuses to operate in Jewish settlement

Nice job McDonald's!!!

Way to choose the moral and just path!!!

Gonna go get me some McNuggets right now!!!!

And of course, the right-wing extremists will label them anti-Semites & anti-Israelis, even though McDonald's has lots of restaurants in Israel.

then the settlements have been spared that garbage...its a left handed gift from god.....;)

Well, I think it is great news McDonald Israels decision to not open a business in Ariel. There is a McDonalds in Ramallah, I have read, it is not part of this Israel franchise.

Nice job McDonald's!!!

And of course, the right-wing extremists will label them anti-Semites & anti-Israelis, even though McDonald's has lots of restaurants in Israel.

then the settlements have been spared that garbage...its a left handed gift from god.....;)

so why did god block McDonalds only on the stolen land ?

Nice job McDonald's!!!

God works in mysterious ways :eusa_pray:

JERUSALEM --*"The McDonald's restaurant chain refused to open a branch in a West Bank Jewish settlement, the company said Thursday, adding a prominent name to an international movement to boycott Israel's settlements.Irina Shalmor, spokeswoman for McDonald's Israel, said the owners of a planned mall in the Ariel settlement asked McDonald's to open a branch there about six months ago. Shalmor said the chain refused because the owner of McDonald's Israel has a policy of staying out of the occupied territories. The decision was not coordinated with McDonald's headquarters in the U.S., she said. In an email, the headquarters said "our partner in Israel has determined that this particular location is not part of his growth plan."The Israeli branch's owner and franchisee, Omri Padan, is a founder of the dovish group Peace Now, which opposes all settlements and views them as obstacles to peace. The group said Padan is no longer a member. " Read more here: JERUSALEM: McDonald's refuses to operate in Jewish settlement - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com. Here is another news report of this story. I posted earlier there was a McDonalds in East Jerusalem, apparently I was incorrect about that and the McDonalds in Jerusalem are not in the part of lands of Palestine Israel has occupied in East Jerusalem since 1967.

Who cares. College students, (students of all religions including Muslim) as well as those with high spending power will simply go elsewhere for take-outs. There is no shortage of food outlets in the area.

Everone keeps saying who cares about things like this, but I recently read Israeli companies had 50 million dollars in losses the past year because of cyber attacks. So, the truth is these kind of things do really matter. God only knows how many companies are watching and will follow McDonalds example set here and choose Integrity!

Last edited:

Nice job McDonald's!!!

oh for god sakes.......:rolleyes:

Everone keeps saying who cares about things like this, but I recently read Israeli companies had 50 million dollars in losses the past year because of cyber attacks. So, the thruth is these kind of things do really matter. God only knows how many companies are watching and will follow McDonalds example set here and choose Integrity!
It's not Mickey D's example. It's one (1) franchise owner.

Everone keeps saying who cares about things like this, but I recently read Israeli companies had 50 million dollars in losses the past year because of cyber attacks. So, the thruth is these kind of things do really matter. God only knows how many companies are watching and will follow McDonalds example set here and choose Integrity!
It's not Mickey D's example. It's one (1) franchise owner.

I bet you Sherri wet her pants when she saw this story :cool:

Burger Ranch has better burgers anyway : ))

Mr. Pedan has chosen to exercise his right to do as he wishes with his business, within the law. And the citizens of Israel have the right to buy their burgers elsewhere if they choose.

There's no reason I can see to boycott McD's in the US because of an issue involving franchises within Israel.... but then I don't go there to begin with. (I prefer Panera......)

Acutually, not so much within the law.

Ariel is defined by the Israeli law as part of Israel, and Mr. Pedan, as Israeli, is obligated to behave according to the Israeli law.

Since Ariel is defined by our government as part of Israel, his behavior is considered unjustified discrimination. he cannot really do that, in the same way that he cannot tell an Arab or a Black man to enter his restaurant.

Again, this is not a policy of McDonalds world-wide boycott, but a boycott of an Israeli leftist on other Israelis.

There is nothing legal here.

Noone can force a business to open up where they choose to not do so. Its called Freedom.

Freedom is part of the Israeli Basic law of human dignity.

But so is equality.

Mr. Pedan doesn't own a private company. As i have said before, if it was about McDonald's official policy of not supporting the settlements, then it would have been acceptable.

However, it is not. It is a policy of one man. one man who chose to boycott thousands of civilians based on residence.

THAT is illegal.

Once you serve, you serve all, you cannot chose to discriminate a total population based on political views, that is not freedom, and that is not legal.

Tomorrow the CEO of cellular company decided he doesn't serve Christians.

Will you see this as "freedom", as well? will anyone?

Somehow, I highly doubt it!

Forum List

Back