*Meanwhile There Was A Fund For Government Indiscretions*

Most sexual scandals involving federal representatives involve Republicans
His comment was silly, and so is yours

It comes from both sides, no way to know which side has more members using the fund, and I am sure that some of it, maybe even most, is for victims of blackmail on fallacious charges or just hush money for consensual affairs. Don't care, let's find out and put an end to this nonsense. This IS NOT what our tax dollars should be spent on

The fund he is talking about does exist, neither side wants it public

Burn it down, I don't care who gets caught in the crosshairs

The problem is he's a partisan and I'm not. I'm merely showing him how wrong he is.

I don't like either party, and I agree that it comes from both sides, it's a power thing. Time to change the system so there's more oversight, more political parties to enforce that oversight, and more choice for the people.
I get that, I like to be partisan too sometimes

But I'm really not in the mood for it now though, I'm very angry about the whole SCOTUS deal

I've seen politics of personal destruction efore, but ne er anything on the level of what is happening today

I will say this (back on topic), I do believe that transgressions of this nature are underreported when the bad actor is a Democrat, and no, I'm not going 5 pages on that topic

Sorry bout that,

1. So while these politicians go after an honorable man, they themselves had many affairs, and the government has a fund to hush them all up.
  2. I hear its mostly Democratic politicians.
  3. No link but take my word for it its happened and will happen again.
  4. Pussy the checks in the mail.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You "hear its mostly Democratic politicians"? Hear from who? Biased partisan hacks?

Most sexual scandals involving federal representatives involve Republicans.

List of federal political sex scandals in the United States - Wikipedia

2010-2018

21 accusations or resignations or whatever.

Five of them are Democrat.

2000-2009

15 accusations or resignations or whatever

Three of them are Democrat.
Weinstein, Bill Clinton, AL Frankin

Does Ellison count? Or is beating women not really the topic here?

We can play this game day

Don't you want the info behind this fund released?

eta, didn't Spartacus admit to being a predit9in an op-ed?

Anyway, I don't really wanna go further down this rabbit hole...

What's your point? Some of those I said were DEMOCRATS.
The nice rating is my way of saying fair enough

Also, we need:

* term limits
* take away ALL pensions for elected officials
* make them deal with the same Soc Security and health care as everyone else
* laws that restrict ANY lobbying or government jobs for a MINIMUM of 10 years after they leave office, 20 years would be better

Burn it down, I'm tired of eating cake

Wrong solution to the problem. The solution is to change the way people vote so they actually have a choice and so politicians actually have to represent people, rather than the rich.
How is forcing elected officials to live by the same rules they implement the wrong solution?

You don't want to enact term limits? I disagree

But the rest? Don't let them have lifetime pensions, make them live on social security like members of a "citizen legislature" should

And no health benefits over and above what the average citizen has, unless they pat out of pocket

Government SERVICE was not intended to create a ruling class with special perks and benefits

The lobbying thing? One of Trump’s best ideas, needs to be a federal policy across the board

Most sexual scandals involving federal representatives involve Republicans
His comment was silly, and so is yours

It comes from both sides, no way to know which side has more members using the fund, and I am sure that some of it, maybe even most, is for victims of blackmail on fallacious charges or just hush money for consensual affairs. Don't care, let's find out and put an end to this nonsense. This IS NOT what our tax dollars should be spent on

The fund he is talking about does exist, neither side wants it public

Burn it down, I don't care who gets caught in the crosshairs

The problem is he's a partisan and I'm not. I'm merely showing him how wrong he is.

I don't like either party, and I agree that it comes from both sides, it's a power thing. Time to change the system so there's more oversight, more political parties to enforce that oversight, and more choice for the people.
I get that, I like to be partisan too sometimes

But I'm really not in the mood for it now though, I'm very angry about the whole SCOTUS deal

I've seen politics of personal destruction efore, but ne er anything on the level of what is happening today

I will say this (back on topic), I do believe that transgressions of this nature are underreported when the bad actor is a Democrat, and no, I'm not going 5 pages on that topic

Well, it's not going to get any better. They've figured out how to make the system work for the rich, and they don't care as long as it works for them.

If you don't change that, it won't change.

Also, we need:

* term limits
* take away ALL pensions for elected officials
* make them deal with the same Soc Security and health care as everyone else
* laws that restrict ANY lobbying or government jobs for a MINIMUM of 10 years after they leave office, 20 years would be better

Burn it down, I'm tired of eating cake

Wrong solution to the problem. The solution is to change the way people vote so they actually have a choice and so politicians actually have to represent people, rather than the rich.
How is forcing elected officials to live by the same rules they implement the wrong solution?

You don't want to enact term limits? I disagree

But the rest? Don't let them have lifetime pensions, make them live on social security like members of a "citizen legislature" should

And no health benefits over and above what the average citizen has, unless they pat out of pocket

Government SERVICE was not intended to create a ruling class with special perks and benefits

The lobbying thing? One of Trump’s best ideas, needs to be a federal policy across the board

Because you need to ENFORCE those rules. And enforcement doesn't just come about. If there are two political parties and it's not in their interests to enforce them, then they don't get enforced, and you're left with a useless law.

Change the system, make it worth while for other political parties to enforce this stuff, and then you have a solution.

Trump's solution is just another minor thing that doesn't solve the main problem.

Trump's solution is just another minor thing that doesn't solve the main problem.
But it's a real step, which is something we haven't seen from anyone else...

No, it's not a real step. It's a false step. It's something that won't do much, if anything because people will get around it.
tenor.gif

unless you think doing nothing is better...

But it's a real step, which is something we haven't seen from anyone else...

No, it's not a real step. It's a false step. It's something that won't do much, if anything because people will get around it.
tenor.gif

unless you think doing nothing is better...

Wrong because you think doing something, regardless of the fact that is won't do much to change anything, and wrong because I suggest a wholesale change of US politics which will actually do something.

Right....

Forum List

Back