Medal of Honor , the fiction

I would guess that 99.9 out of 100 medals for valor are not self recommended. The US Military expects officers to behave honorably and in 99.9 out of 100 they do but there is always that rogue officer who thinks ahead to a political career. Lt. John Kerry not only recommended himself for a Silver Star but it's clear that his self recommendation for three Purple Heart awards was fraudulent. I didn't mean to hijack the post about the highest award for valor but Kerry's self recommended awards gives some perspective about the political side to medals.

It is low class for Obama to use these Vets as a PR stunt to cover up his DoD/Veteran cuts, obamacare fuck-up, Ukraine, Syria, etc.....

Look at the statistics. Most MOH awards were posthumous. About half a million White Military personnel died in combat and less than a thousand Black Military personnel were killed in combat in WW2. OK, maybe FDR was racist, George Marshall was racist, MacArthur was racist and Dwight Eisenhower was racist by unfairly utilizing Troops who were descendent from African slaves but don't try to turn every Black WW2 Soldier into a hero.

Last edited:
Its good pr – nothing more. What do you expect?

I could care less either way – the president gets his photo op and a few people get a shiny piece of metal for something that they have accomplished. No one is really hurt but then again, nothing really good comes out of it either.

I have always found medals completely disingenuous and asinine myself anyway. Oh, you got a leg blown off? Well here is a purple heart.

Fuck you, give me my leg back.

You volunteered.

You knew the score.

So, thanks for your service and stop bitching.

You could be dead.

who was bitching?

Just a racist thread that is denying prejudice and institutionalized racism ever existed in these United States.

People like this are no better than a killer muslim that denies the holocaust AND is an ABSOLUTE disgrace to conservatism and the GOP.

You racist haters are the ones who destroy the conservative movement and traditional family values. YOU are the people who make the liberals point their stinky fingers at anything GOP and call it racist. You make me sick and I wish you would take your racist ideas outside of the reality of what true conservatives believe.

I truly wish true conservatives would stand up to this racist nonsense! This is not even a topic worth discussing...its an obvious jab at obama, not because he sucks as a President, but because he is, as the op would probably describe him, a ******.

Last edited:
Just to add...who the fuck becomes offended because a man is recognized for going above and beyond in his duty and choice to honor his country, his family and his fellow troops.

Just a racist thread that is denying prejudice and institutionalized racism ever existed in these United States.

People like this are no better than a killer muslim that denies the holocaust AND is an ABSOLUTE disgrace to conservatism and the GOP.

You racist haters are the ones who destroy the conservative movement and traditional family values. YOU are the people who make the liberals point their stinky fingers at anything GOP and call it racist. You make me sick and I wish you would take your racist ideas outside of the reality of what true conservatives believe.

I truly wish true conservatives would stand up to this racist nonsense! This is not even a topic worth discussing...its an obvious jab at obama, not because he sucks as a President, but because he is, as the op would probably describe him, a ******.

Who the fuck you think YOU are???

:badgrin:

Conversely just because you win a medal it doesn't mean you did something heroic. A brief look at MacArthur's MOH citation, awarded shortly after he abandoned his Troops at Battan and Corrigador, indicates nothing that could be called "uncommon valor". The only indication of valor is the foolish act of emerging from his dugout on Corrigador to shake his fist at a marauding Zero. MacArthur's MOH was clearly a political favor.

Right on target! Fire for effect.

As someone who wrote medal applications and citations, I can attest to the fact that most are NOT awarded for any specific act but a way for commanders to look good.

I will NEVER belittle the MOH but it seems somewhat odd to me that, at a time when his poll numbers are in the toilet, he somehow finds a way to enter the limelight making a big deal out of the bravery of blacks and Hispanics.

With that in mind, what about all those heroic American/Japanese who gave up the blood and guts fighting in Italy during WWII. Did any of them get anything higher than The Silver Star?

Yeah. The 442 RCT was one of the, if not THE most heavily awarded Unit in the European Theater, if not the entire war.

The late Hawaiian Sen. Daniel Inouye was awarded the MOH for service in Italy, IIRC.

Now let's see how close i was to being on the mark.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team of the United States Army was a regimental size fighting unit composed almost entirely of American soldiers of Japanese descent who fought in World War II, despite the fact many of their families were subject to internment.

The 442nd, beginning in 1944, fought primarily in Europe during World War II.[2]

The 442nd was a self-sufficient force, and fought with uncommon distinction in Italy, southern France, and Germany.

The 442nd is considered to be the most decorated infantry regiment in the history of the United States Army. The 442nd was awarded eight Presidential Unit Citations and twenty-one of its members were awarded the Medal of Honor for World War II.[3]

The 442nd's high distinction in the war and its record-setting decoration count earned it the nickname "Purple Heart Battalion." The 442nd Regimental Combat Team motto was, "Go for Broke".

[...]

Daniel Inouye, U.S. Representative from Hawaii (1959–1962); U.S. Senator from Hawaii (1962–2012); President pro tempore of the Senate (2010–2012); Awarded Medal of Honor and Purple Heart[56]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

Pretty close.

Im nutz...a true conservative that doesn't molest reality for the sake of attacking a president or a race. Who the fuck do you think YOU are?

Im nutz...a true conservative that doesn't molest reality for the sake of attacking a president or a race. Who the fuck do you think YOU are?

I'm yo Daddy!

I'm yo Daddy!

LOL...exactly the level of debate I expected from you...I know I can't be your daddy...I made Mamma Mojo swallow. I guess that is why she kept on calling your daddy a dumbass

I'm yo Daddy!

LOL...exactly the level of debate I expected from you...I know I can't be your daddy...I made Mamma Mojo swallow. I guess that is why she kept on calling your daddy a dumbass

Yeah, you're fuckin nutz alright!

I'm yo Daddy!

Yeah, you're fuckin nutz alright!

LOL...yeah, mama Mojo did make me nut. I liked the way she let it sit on her tongue before she lapped it up and said, I don't want a kid named Mojo.

There is no criteria for receiving the Congressional Medal of Honor that indicates race as a determining factor.
Therefore ... If a case is reviewed and meets the applicable criteria ... Then race should not be a factor.

The review process is available to anyone of any race ... And Congress made it a racial matter with a mandate requiring reviews with racial stipulations ... Not Conservatives or the US Military.

Last edited:
I read about half of this...Some of you veterans should be ashamed. Some of you civilians should STFU.

I don't care if the review was politically motivated. I don't care if the whole thing was intended as a photo op.

Read the citations...Those guys deserved the MOH......

I don't care why they didn't get it, I'm glad that they finally did. And I'll salute every last one of them.

I read about half of this...Some of you veterans should be ashamed. Some of you civilians should STFU.

I don't care if the review was politically motivated. I don't care if the whole thing was intended as a photo op.

Read the citations...Those guys deserved the MOH......

I don't care why they didn't get it, I'm glad that they finally did. And I'll salute every last one of them.
:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::up:

Its good pr – nothing more. What do you expect?

I could care less either way – the president gets his photo op and a few people get a shiny piece of metal for something that they have accomplished. No one is really hurt but then again, nothing really good comes out of it either.

I have always found medals completely disingenuous and asinine myself anyway. Oh, you got a leg blown off? Well here is a purple heart.

Fuck you, give me my leg back.

You volunteered.

You knew the score.

So, thanks for your service and stop bitching.

You could be dead.

Thank God there are not many ass wipes like you.

Forum List

Back