Medical bills #1 reason for bankruptcy

Should medical bills be the #1 reason for bankruptcy in the "greatest" country on Earth? I think the article put it best.

Medical debt is a 'uniquely American problem' caused by a 'very broken' system, expert explains

A uniquely American problem. And before anyone points out that this is still going on even after Obamacare, I NEVER supported Obamacare.
Why would you think protection from bankruptsy should be an inalienable right?

I didn't argue that. I argued that people should be able to afford medical care.
Then do the necessary all encompassing work to make it so. That’s on YOU and not somewhere outside you.

Should medical bills be the #1 reason for bankruptcy in the "greatest" country on Earth? I think the article put it best.

Medical debt is a 'uniquely American problem' caused by a 'very broken' system, expert explains

A uniquely American problem. And before anyone points out that this is still going on even after Obamacare, I NEVER supported Obamacare.

People in America want top-flight medical care, even when they can't afford it.

There is not reason in the world that the "greatest" country in the world can't have both.

I didn't argue that. I argued that people should be able to afford medical care.
Then do the necessary all encompassing work to make it so. That’s on YOU and not somewhere outside you.

The cults are awful strong.

There is not reason in the world that the "greatest" country in the world can't have both.
The GreaTest Country did not become great and can not stay great by paying for everyone who can’t and won’t be responsible for themselves.
Discipline and Responsibility are things that help make us great; not giveaway bullshit

Sad story. Too bad it's not true. After years of a thriving bankruptcy practice and conversations with many other bankruptcy attorneys, the number one reason is credit card debt. Second reason is the death of a primary breadwinner.

Top 5 Reasons Why People Go Bankrupt

Health Care Costs Number One Cause of Bankruptcy for American Families | ABI
assuming the person had assets before the unexpected medical emergency why didn't they have insurance to begin with?

I think the number 1 reason is choosing to spend the money on something else instead

Last edited:

The cults are awful strong.
When no fact rebuttal is there; label and name call
Lib 101

Thanks for raising your hand. Did someone else lift it up for you?

Why? No emergency room in the nation will turn you away.

Sure there is a great reason. Doctors won't work for free, and personally I think that's a pretty tremendous fact.

Sure there is a great reason. Doctors won't work for free, and personally I think that's a pretty tremendous fact.

When an intern actually becomes a certified doctor, their malpractice is at nose bleed levels. In spite of all their training, they are still rookies, and rookies are more prone to make mistakes. Then imagine what it must cost to payoff 8 years of college these days.

I was making money working full time since the age of 18 while these doctors my age today were busting their ass during the best years of their life trying to be somebody and running up a huge bill. By the time some of them paid off their loans, I had already made real estate investments. So yes, they deserve whatever money they do make.

Obamacare only works when people actually buy the insurance and get covered.

There are huge areas of our nation that people aren't covered by insurance.

Texas has the highest rate of uninsured people in our nation.

Even with Obamacare and most employer provided insurance, it only pays at the most 70%. No one can afford 30% of cancer or heart problems or most major medical problems that are common in America.

Even with Obamacare and most employer provided insurance, it only pays at the most 70%. No one can afford 30% of cancer or heart problems or most major medical problems that are common in America.

Maybe America can provide a special discount health system for indigents, skinflints and those who just don't give a shit about their health?

The problem seems to be that everyone want to drive a Cadillac in regards to healthcare, but that's just too rich for a lot of peoiple's blood. Marketing a Yugo or City Bus level of service to our frugal friends sounds like an idea.

The GreaTest Country did not become great and can not stay great by paying for everyone who can’t and won’t be responsible for themselves.
Discipline and Responsibility are things that help make us great; not giveaway bullshit

Few can afford to pay for treatment for cancer or a heart attack let alone the cost of a broken bone today.

Sad story. Too bad it's not true. After years of a thriving bankruptcy practice and conversations with many other bankruptcy attorneys, the number one reason is credit card debt. Second reason is the death of a primary breadwinner.

Top 5 Reasons Why People Go Bankrupt

Health Care Costs Number One Cause of Bankruptcy for American Families | ABI
assuming the person had assets before the unexpected medical emergency why didn't they have insurance to begin with?

I think the number 1 reason is choosing to spend the money on something else instead

You have no idea the current cost of insurance obviously.

pknopp
Which would be worse? Government run or privately run?

Based on the care my grandparents received I would say the government run shit is worse.
We can vote to change the government but there`s nothing we can do with the $9 million dollar a year CEO of a healthcare company.

Actually there is something that can be done about that.

Taxes.

We used to do something about it before reagan.

When people knew they would lose up to 70% income above a certain level, say 3 million a year, greedy people didn't take income above that amount.

High taxes on high income was never meant to be collected.

It was meant to keep greed in check.

That all went out the window in the reagan years and has not been corrected since.

Just look at the terrible damage it caused.

Why? No emergency room in the nation will turn you away.

And you pay for that. You can't get cancer treatment at an E.R. though. You aren't going to get preventive care through an E.R.

Few can afford to pay for treatment for cancer or a heart attack let alone the cost of a broken bone today.
That’s why there is health insurance
Be responsible
Work
Obtain it

No one has argued for them to not get paid. To say that medical care is not something we should have investors hedging their bets on is not saying doctors shouldn't get paid.

pknopp
Which would be worse? Government run or privately run?

Based on the care my grandparents received I would say the government run shit is worse.
We can vote to change the government but there`s nothing we can do with the $9 million dollar a year CEO of a healthcare company.

Actually there is something that can be done about that.

Taxes.

We used to do something about it before reagan.

When people knew they would lose up to 70% income above a certain level, say 3 million a year, greedy people didn't take income above that amount.

High taxes on high income was never meant to be collected.

It was meant to keep greed in check.

That all went out the window in the reagan years and has not been corrected since.

Just look at the terrible damage it caused.
Let’s live in 35-40 years ago
Lib 101

RIght, Obamacare is not what was needed. Having coverage you can't afford to use is only slightly better than none at all.

Forum List

Back