Meet Caitlyn Jenner

He should seek help for his mental condition.

you can't cure gender dysphoria.

thanks for playing.

You mean he's destined to always be nuts? Sad...but he should top seeking attention over his mental illness

you should choose your terms more carefully.

someone who cares how other adults live their lives when they're not hurting anyone is the one with the problem.

*ahem* you know, like you.

she lives with a circumstance she is able to change.

you however, aren't capable of changing.

so which of you is nuts? let's see... she doesn't care how you live your life. you seem overly concerned with hers.

mmmmmm....

YOU should realize someone is bat shit nuts when you see it. That and stop making excuses for it, fruitloop

He has a mental disorder and it is not a joke. To call people with a mental disorder names, minimizing their mental health issues.

He needs help, not name calling.

“If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life.’ ”

556c7a224ae56e586e457d3e_vf-cover-bruce-jenner-july-2015.jpg

This takes real courage and like it or not, she is a role model for anyone who is trying to live a genuine life.

She's luckier than most however in that she has the money to protect herself from the sexually insecure bullies.

OTOH, the whole Kardasian thing is just SO nutty.

Holy airbrushes batman... Photoshop FTW.
I dunno. The cashier at the gas station I go to used to be a guy and he is now quite lovely.

yeah, but we have seen pictures of a wrinkly old Bruce Jenner and I'm sorry, but hormones and surgery can't modify that to this degree.

EVERY mag cover gets this treatment, its just harder to hide in this case.

“If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life.’ ”

This takes real courage and like it or not, she is a role model for anyone who is trying to live a genuine life.

She's luckier than most however in that she has the money to protect herself from the sexually insecure bullies.

Holy airbrushes batman... Photoshop FTW.

Annie Leibovitz.

You meet him/her, I'm not interested.

I wasn't interested in meeting him when he was Bruce, either.

I can see this being on the front page of a rag at a grocery checkout lane.

Not top news on a news station, or a mainstream magazine.

JMO

thanks for playing.

You mean he's destined to always be nuts? Sad...but he should top seeking attention over his mental illness

someone who cares how other adults live their lives when they're not hurting anyone is the one with the problem.

so which of you is nuts? let's see... she doesn't care how you live your life. you seem overly concerned with hers.

mmmmmm....

YOU should realize someone is bat shit nuts when you see it. That and stop making excuses for it, fruitloop

He has a mental disorder and it is not a joke. To call people with a mental disorder names, minimizing their mental health issues.

He never struck me as the least bit feminine when I worked with him in the late 70's

I'm not sure he doesn't miss the fame and this is his way of getting back in the limelight. If he wants to mutilate himself and call himself a woman he should do it in private.

thanks for playing.

It's a mental illness, he can go to therapy but it's his body and he can do what he wants, it won't change the fact he is and will always be genetically a man.

I respect your tolerance of her situation. The DSM calls gender dysphoria a "disorder" and says it isn't a mental illness. I'm not sure if that's a difference without a distinction. But I don't waste a lot of time concerning myself with other people's stuff. And I can say that the trans-gendered people I have met have zero identification with the gender assigned at birth. None. I had one client who was so happy to be post-operative that she wouldn't take off her hospital ID bracelet for the longest time. That isn't to say that there aren't real and truly heartbreaking issues faced by them and their families. I think the suicide rate of transgendered teens exceeds 50%. At least that's my recollection.

Whatever else is true, she's a human being just doing the same thing all of us are doing - just trying to live her life the best way she can. I wish her well.

Live and let live.

You meet him/her, I'm not interested.

I wasn't interested in meeting him when he was Bruce, either.

I can see this being on the front page of a rag at a grocery checkout lane.

Not top news on a news station, or a mainstream magazine.

JMO

you're entitled to your opinion. don't buy the magazine.

and it's not "him/her" or "he/she". it's her.

I hope that helps.

thanks for playing.

mmmmmm....

He never struck me as the least bit feminine when I worked with him in the late 70's

I'm not sure he doesn't miss the fame and this is his way of getting back in the limelight. If he wants to mutilate himself and call himself a woman he should do it in private.

she

she

she

you're welcome

Whatever else is true, she's a human being just doing the same thing all of us are doing - just trying to live her life the best way she can. I wish her well.

Live and let live.

Unless you don't accept what is going on should be blasted all over the media, then you are a hater.

This isn't live and let live, its accept and approve or be ridiculed.

mmmmmm....

she

she

she

you're welcome

You are not the boss of him. Just like I wouldn't go for that whole wymyn or herstory bull crap back in the 90's.

thanks for playing.
And, after "the change", HE will stand a 300% increased chance of suicide

she...

and that's generally before they transition as far as I know. and it's mostly because of how they're treated by bigots.

same as the high suicide rate of gay teens in the bible belt

He's still a guy, even if the porch and the drapes have been changed around, and the plumbing has been mucked with.

I may feel like calling him a her, but I refuse to be forced into it.

Live and let live.

Unless you don't accept what is going on should be blasted all over the media, then you are a hater.

This isn't live and let live, its accept and approve or be ridiculed.

no. it's basically... this is who she is. and she has as much right to her identity as anyone else. there is no reason to want to closet her or silence her but for bigotry...,.

last I checked someone else's discomfort is not a reason for silence. and absent discussion, there can never be accemptance. she's entitled to simple human dignity.

Forum List

Back