🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

Other than making your usual personal attack, why not offer an opinion.

Deukmejian and Wilson both 'contributed' to the problems facing California today. Both ran with the tax revolution that was Prop. 13 and failed to account for the lost revenue.
Both men, with the complicity of the Republicans and Democrats in the legislature, raided local government and special districts for the lost revenue, yet continued policies which I consider insane.
Example:
Under the hate and fear message, the R's in California, unwilling to even discuss gun control, passed "use a gun, go to prison" legislation, the Three Strikes law, and other draconian measure, particularly in re drug convictions with these results.
1. Local agencies and community organizations lacked the resources to intervene at the earliest possible sign of trouble. Probation depts. closed cases at intake, rather than provide early intervention focus was on the worst of the worst; social services agencies too were cash strapped and closed cases of child abuse/neglect reported by schools or neighbors. Police agencies closed YSB's (Youth Service Bureau's) and the growing problem of youth gangs was ignored.
2. Gangs grew and adapted, even as the state leadership did not. Kids under the age of 18 became the shooters, avoiding any penalty no matter what they did, because at age 25 they were free.
3. The state began to pass laws holding under 18's accountable - of course efforts to solve the social/criminal issues at an earlier age were tried, but funding was never sufficient and soon gangs moved up the hwy 99 corridor. Soon gangs invaded the suburbs and still the R's under-reacted. A bond was passed to provide services to communites to impact gang warefare, graffiti and truancy but as usual it was too little too late. And now that the state is essentially broke, such programs are being cut and abolished.
4. Under Gray Davis the prison system exploded. Too many criminals, more and more overcrowding created the need for double and triple bunking, crazy violent criminals mixed with soft core drug users and racial tensions lead to the need for many non-gangsters to join up for protection.
And so this is where we are today, and this is only one example of government neglect. Today we also have a party suggesting government should have less influence, less of 'our' money - the consequence of this insanity are too obvious for anyone who thinks.

Why can't you go back to Moonbeam Brown for problems with the state, Wry...oh yeah he's a good liberal. One thing I can say that you can't bring yourself to say is that it's politicians....both conservatives and republicans that fucked up your once great state, Wry. I think as far a a small government....try less spending in your state on things you people can't afford...ever hear of that concept?
Please don't make a comment on the state union pensions in your state....

My point, which you made very well, is less spending hasn't worked - because we spent on things which had a negative cost-benefit and not on policies which reflect a sane approach to problems solving.
Take education, what do kids need to learn? Reading and comprehension, computation, writing and public speaking and critical thinking. None of which can be done in an environement with disruptive behavior. So what is the conservative approach? Vouchers, public dollars for private schools, school uniforms, prayer, blaming teachers?
By not throwing money at schools (yes teachers too), social workers, psychologists, probation officers or police officers to prevent untoward, disruptive and violent behaviors, system has devolved into failaure.
Diagnosing problems early and understanding that all kids do not learn the same way, and directing kids into a learning environment which works for them is sane, practical and a real benefit for the cost.
You and other 'conservatives' love to talk about trowing money at a problems never works. I agree, money needs to be spent on services which work, very little offered by the conservative chic suggests they have any idea on what works.

Your liberals have been in power for quite awhile...what have they come up with? A big deficit, can they keep that up and succeed as a state? As being second highest in state income tax other than New York, just how much more can the people pay? Something is going to have to give.

Meister finally offers some good questions, no answers, but the questions are good. Lower taxes are not the answer, for the tax rates have been low for a decade. More taxes on the wealthy who the top 1% had 9% of the American wealth in 1980 and now, under Reaganism, now have 23% of the wealth? Something to think about. Less spending, definitely.

Meister finally offers some good questions, no answers, but the questions are good. Lower taxes are not the answer, for the tax rates have been low for a decade. More taxes on the wealthy who the top 1% had 9% of the American wealth in 1980 and now, under Reaganism, now have 23% of the wealth? Something to think about. Less spending, definitely.

We are talking "STATE TAXES", jackie. nice try to chime in, though. :lol:

You are having trouble comprehending, don't you, that the problem is both state and federal. Cut spending, raise taxes on certain classes, and talk retrenchment, whether in state or federal government. Keep trying, though, because I can see your mind is trying to work.

Last edited:
Why can't you go back to Moonbeam Brown for problems with the state, Wry...oh yeah he's a good liberal. One thing I can say that you can't bring yourself to say is that it's politicians....both conservatives and republicans that fucked up your once great state, Wry. I think as far a a small government....try less spending in your state on things you people can't afford...ever hear of that concept?
Please don't make a comment on the state union pensions in your state....

My point, which you made very well, is less spending hasn't worked - because we spent on things which had a negative cost-benefit and not on policies which reflect a sane approach to problems solving.
Take education, what do kids need to learn? Reading and comprehension, computation, writing and public speaking and critical thinking. None of which can be done in an environement with disruptive behavior. So what is the conservative approach? Vouchers, public dollars for private schools, school uniforms, prayer, blaming teachers?
By not throwing money at schools (yes teachers too), social workers, psychologists, probation officers or police officers to prevent untoward, disruptive and violent behaviors, system has devolved into failaure.
Diagnosing problems early and understanding that all kids do not learn the same way, and directing kids into a learning environment which works for them is sane, practical and a real benefit for the cost.
You and other 'conservatives' love to talk about trowing money at a problems never works. I agree, money needs to be spent on services which work, very little offered by the conservative chic suggests they have any idea on what works.

Your liberals have been in power for quite awhile...what have they come up with? A big deficit, can they keep that up and succeed as a state? As being second highest in state income tax other than New York, just how much more can the people pay? Something is going to have to give.

Liberals have not been in power Meister. Since 1981 a Republican has been POTUS 20 out of almost 30 years; Republicans controlled the Congress from 1995 until 2007. Since 1967 Republicans have owned the governors office a month short of 31 years, Democrats for 12 years and 10 months. Republicans hold veto power over the budget and fiscal matters in the legislature.
Meister's post is one more Big Lie repeated over and over and over by the RW.

You are having trouble comprehending, don't you, that the problem is both state and federal. Cut spending, raise taxes on certain classes, and talk retrenchment, whether in state or federal government. Keep trying, though, because I can see your mind is trying to work.

Jackie.....I'm trying to be nice here....wry and I were talking about the problems with California. If you want to start a thread about the feds and California...please feel free to start one. But try and stay on topic with this one.

Now I was nice about it wasn't I, Jackie?

Liberals have not been in power Meister. Since 1981 a Republican has been POTUS 20 out of almost 30 years; Republicans controlled the Congress from 1995 until 2007. Since 1967 Republicans have owned the governors office a month short of 31 years, Democrats for 12 years and 10 months. Republicans hold veto power over the budget and fiscal matters in the legislature.

Oh damn....we were talking about Ca. now you change.
PS....you far left wingtoids just can't admit that politicians are the problem.....it's always, the REPUBLICANS. Please go back to your Kool-Aid and get your talking points from one another.

Last edited:

PS....you far left wingtoids just can't admit that politicians are the problem.....it's always, the REPUBLICANS. Please go back to your Kool-Aid and get your talking points from one another.

Wow.
You posted, "Your liberals have been in power for quite awhile...what have they come up with?"
I noted liberals have not been in power for quite a while, and gave facts to support my statement, on both the national and California level.
You then devolve into name calling. Usually I thank people like you for sharing, in your case let me suggest you go fuck yourself - that's more in tune with your type of response. It means nothing, but does convey a message (or at least the last conservative VP thought so).

Jackie.....I'm trying to be nice here....wry and I were talking about the problems with California. If you want to start a thread about the feds and California...please feel free to start one. But try and stay on topic with this one.

You were nice, and I still have the right, Meister, to expand as I wish. The issue is money, is it not? The issue is making those that have done very well pay their fair share, is it not? That goes for CA, UT, TX, etc, along with the feds.

And you should be reading WryCatcher very carefully, because he is correcting your mistakes.

Wow.
You posted, "Your liberals have been in power for quite awhile...what have they come up with?"
I noted liberals have not been in power for quite a while, and gave facts to support my statement, on both the national and California level.
You then devolve into name calling. Usually I thank people like you for sharing, in your case let me suggest you go fuck yourself - that's more in tune with your type of response. It means nothing, but does convey a message (or at least the last conservative VP thought so).

May I suggest that you and your tunnel vision go fuck yourself too, wry. You can't admit that the democrats are part of the problem as are the republicans....I laugh at you. Hence the word libtoid.

Wow.

May I suggest that you and your tunnel vision go fuck yourself too, wry. You can't admit that the democrats are part of the problem as are the republicans....I laugh at you. Hence the word libtoid.

Losing the discussion, Meister.

Name Calling: associating an idea with a bad label

Glittering Generality: associating something with a virtue word; opposite of name-calling (freedom, democracy); often used to make us accept a concept without thoroughly examining its application.

Come on, give responsible conservatives, centrists, and libs something to work with.

Wow.

The point was that since 1967 Republicans have been Governor of California for 31 of those 43 years. So your point about liberals being in charge in California is ridiculous.

Wow.

The only reason your state isn't in worse condition is the fact that there have been governors that have stopped your heavily liberal state. Your libs have chased businesses from the state along with individuals. because of the taxes levied on businesses and individuals. Blame it all on the republicans all you want, but nobody is that stupid to believe your drivel, wry. You can't keep taxing the people, wry....Neveda isn't too far away and people and businesses are flocking to it.....care to give an answer why? :lol:

Hey Jake, give the old guy a break. He'll have too keep changing his depends if you keep upsetting him.

Transfer: carrying the prestige or disapproval of something over to something else such as displaying the American flag as an emotional transfer device to represent one's patriotism

Glittering Generality: associating something with a virtue word; opposite of name-calling (freedom, democracy); often used to make us accept a concept without thoroughly examining its application.

Meister, waiting for something to work with instead of you inanities.

Wow.

The point was that since 1967 Republicans have been Governor of California for 31 of those 43 years. So your point about liberals being in charge in California is ridiculous.

No...not rediculous...look at the state rep and senate make up, Ravi. I don't give a pass to the republicans, and I don't give a pass to the democrats either. I have always said that it is the politicians, and wry just has to see tunnel vision and no blame goes to his liberals.
Jerry Brown appointed ultra liberal judges while he was gov. the first time around and that helped get this state where it is now. So let's just get real and knock off, "It's the republicans."

Meister, you are lying.

You say you are not giving a pass to anyone then lambast one side only.

Both parties are at fault, GOP with Dems.

It looks like NickyGate had some legs after all. Whitman is dropping like a rock.

California Governor: Two New Polls Confirm Brown Rebound

Two new automated surveys on the California governors race confirm that Democrat Jerry Brown now narrowly leads Republican Meg Whitman by a narrow margin. Other new surveys released over the last 24 hours show Richard Blumenthal's lead holding in Connecticut, reconfirm the razor close margin in the Illinois Senate race and present something of a puzzle on the Ohio governor's race.

In California, the latest automated poll from SurveyUSA shows Brown leading by four percentage points (47% to 43%), while an update from Rasmussen Reports has Brown ahead by five (49% to 44%).

...​

Forum List

Back