Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's essential for mods to be non-biased. They can't put their own feelings into action.

They have the ability to cause so much trouble on a msg board. The have access nobody else has. They can read our PMs and spy on us if they wish. That's why it's important for folks like pixie and meister to have the job....because they've proven to be honest and fair.

Mod's cannot read PM's unless they are Reported, only Administrators can do that. Administrative Staff does Review controversial Decisions, that is Normal. Someone is responsible here for putting the Site at Risk. The fact that it is so close to the Election, makes it only more Pitiful.

Who exactly owns the board and who admins? Do they post?

It's essential for mods to be non-biased. They can't put their own feelings into action.

They have the ability to cause so much trouble on a msg board. The have access nobody else has. They can read our PMs and spy on us if they wish. That's why it's important for folks like pixie and meister to have the job....because they've proven to be honest and fair.

Mod's cannot read PM's unless they are Reported, only Administrators can do that. Administrative Staff does Review controversial Decisions, that is Normal. Someone is responsible here for putting the Site at Risk. The fact that it is so close to the Election, makes it only more Pitiful.

Who exactly owns the board and who admins? Do they post?

Ask DanK.

well this sounds like where I may have to jump in with some clarification and questions-

a) how do you know they are negged into oblivion? what is oblivion?

b) I was negged by some heavy hitters too in my first weeks....dude, its the friggin internet.

c) how are mods or admin supposed to deal with that? reveiw every single complaint of a neg? you know thats just not possible.

d) welcomed with open arms... what is that? what does it look like, can you describe what this or means in context of the board? I don't even get what you are insinuating here.

Objectively pay attention to the rep count of noobs and their political bent, Traj. It isn't hard to see.

This is about a welcome mat being laid out for one side and a "you're not welcome" one for the other.

My solution is simple, eliminate the rep function.

my solution is simpler. Don't come in and act like a dick, and you won't piss people off to a point where they neg you into oblivion.

Art proposing objectivity is pretty fucking funny.

He's just pissed because he and those who think and post like him are not the *voice of the people* as they like to pretend they are.

They aren't a majority, either. Which is why they can't gain in rep points. When there's a fair system in place they can't get a foothold.

well this sounds like where I may have to jump in with some clarification and questions-

b) I was negged by some heavy hitters too in my first weeks....dude, its the friggin internet.

c) how are mods or admin supposed to deal with that? reveiw every single complaint of a neg? you know thats just not possible.

d) welcomed with open arms... what is that? what does it look like, can you describe what this or means in context of the board? I don't even get what you are insinuating here.

Objectively pay attention to the rep count of noobs and their political bent, Traj. It isn't hard to see.

This is about a welcome mat being laid out for one side and a "you're not welcome" one for the other.

my solution is simpler. Don't come in and act like a dick, and you won't piss people off to a point where they neg you into oblivion.

Board reality doesn't work that way.

New right wingers who act like dicks get showered with pos rep unless they posting overt racist garbage.

New left wingers who act like dicks eat neg after neg.

Get rid of the function.

This is now a place where any new liberal gets negged into oblivion and any new right wing nut is welcomed with open arms.

Way to go, guy.

:thup:

On the other hand, if they take rep so seriously, this place isn't for them because we currently have rep.

It's just out of principle. The responsibility of their leaving because of rep falls just as much on them for taking it so seriously, maybe more.

Either way - keeping rep or not - I'm ok with it.

And, a lot of those who got "negged into oblivion" got negged mostly for the whines about negs - my observation. Two examples from both left and right sides right off the top of my head - Copsnrobbers and Lahkota. Both very whiny about rep.

The thin-skinned will not last here. If negs are gone, the flames will take them out. Just saying.

Last edited:
While this drama is going on, Rand Paul is blocking Iranian sactions with a bill.

Rand Paul blocks Iran sanctions bill

Oh, noes.

220px-Rand_Paul,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress_alternate.jpg

He's a Republican. Hell, so what. It looks as though the libs have the post under control.

Balance. It comes, it goes -- but malevolent intentions are a horse of a different color.

He's trying to block Iranian sanctions? what the fuck?

Actually I was simply showing that the poor Liberals seem to be doing just fine on the board.

:)

He's just pissed because he and those who think and post like him are not the *voice of the people* as they like to pretend they are.

They aren't a majority, either. Which is why they can't gain in rep points. When there's a fair system in place they can't get a foothold.

Thanks for sharing, Babble.

Damn! More good folks leaving. This is indeed bad news! You'll be missed, guys, but good luck to you both.

Oh well, this place needs a livener. After all...even the fucking Titanic had a brass band!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glF490PG7f4&feature=related]BRASS - Mnozil Brass - William Tell Overture - YouTube[/ame]

Don't blame you in the slightest. It's a thankless job. It's made more difficult when past mods want to see this place fail just so they can justify to themselves in their mind "how important" they were and "how this place can't run without them".

Like I said, we will stay here and be strong. You and Meister are welcomed back anytime.

I wish all were welcome.

Lets hope that is the direction for now on no matter what people believe

I do hope someone bans you, because the only reason you continue to post is that you get paid. You make me sick. I tried to help you, but like a lot of members here you are selfish and egotistical, to the point of being completely irrelevant

I assume she gets paid by some right wing organization to make the left look stupid. If so, she really does her job well. :lol:

On the other hand, if they take rep so seriously, this place isn't for them because we currently have rep.

It's just out of principle. The responsibility of their leaving because of rep falls just as much on them for taking it so seriously, maybe more.

And, a lot of those who got "negged into oblivion" got negged mostly for the whines about negs - my observation. Two examples from both left and right sides right off the top of my head - Copsnrobbers and Lahkota. Both very whiny about rep.

The thin-skinned will not last here. If negs are gone, the flames will take them out. Just saying.

Speaking of rep, when I first started posting here I posed as a Muslim poster, I got negged the fuck out. It would seem Muslims have it harder than the Liberals.:D

While this drama is going on, Rand Paul is blocking Iranian sactions with a bill.

Rand Paul blocks Iran sanctions bill

Oh, noes.

220px-Rand_Paul,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress_alternate.jpg

He's a Republican. Hell, so what. It looks as though the libs have the post under control.

Balance. It comes, it goes -- but malevolent intentions are a horse of a different color.

Actually I was simply showing that the poor Liberals seem to be doing just fine on the board.

How is that thread an example of liberals doing fine on the board?

Oh and you don't act like a dick? That's priceless. :lol: Why don't you stop giving advice, I'm not sure anyone would value it.

Thanks for sharing, Babble.

Really, the right wingnut version of TM right there.

copsnrobbers (100% right wing dick) and Lakhota. Excellent examples.

copsnrobbers: posts 883, rep count 58

Lakhota: posts 6590, rep count 135

Do the math.

Speaking of rep, when I first started posting here I posed as a Muslim poster, I got negged the fuck out. It would seem Muslims have it harder than the Liberals.:D
LOL. You did? Was your username different, too? I don't remember that.

Anyway, you're far from thin-skinned, though.

Bottom line, it's the thin skin that folks have - they drive themselves away.

That's my observation. Doesn't mean I'm right, but it's a occam's razor-style explanation.

How is that thread an example of liberals doing fine on the board?

They are saying what they think and I don't see them being treated unfairly.

Fine (to me and board specifically) means left to say what they think within the confines of the meager site rules.

The Rep Function is not Mandatory, No One is Forced to use it. Why isn't that not enough??? Why do you need to have control over it???

I wish all were welcome.

Lets hope that is the direction for now on no matter what people believe

I do hope someone bans you, because the only reason you continue to post is that you get paid. You make me sick. I tried to help you, but like a lot of members here you are selfish and egotistical, to the point of being completely irrelevant

I assume she gets paid by some right wing organization to make the left look stupid. If so, she really does her job well. :lol:

She was banned, isn't that enough for you? I highly doubt anyone gets paid for this bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back