Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
gee I wonder

No, TDM, this thread is not about you.

She has an ego the size of Texas.
Speaking of my state, there is a cure for punks, and we sing about it in our unofficial state anthem

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-ooooo
The eyes of Texas are upon you
All the livelong day
The eyes of Tesas are upon you
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them
From night till early in the morn
The eyes of Texas are upon you
Till Gabriel blows his horn.
Dinah won't you blow,
Dinah won't you blow,
Dinah won't you blow your horrrrrrrn?
repita refrain
:rolleyes::

I can't think of what "Changes" you are referring to other then the fact that we've asked (we've always asked) for our moderation team to be courteous to the membership and act like a moderator. Flaming users left and right isn't something we want the people who lead the site doing. You should lead by example.

Some moderators a long time ago did not agree with that policy and they stepped down.

Some stuck it out like Meister and Pixie -- and I can assure you, we are sad to see them go. However, they decided to leave on their own for their own reasons. Sometimes running a board like this can burn you out quick. It's a thankless job with nothing but headaches and complaints... no matter what you do someone is going to think your doing it wrong.

We are very grateful for the time and effort that Meister and Pixie put in (and the rest of the moderation team as well!) and can't thank them enough.

With that said, people come and people go. It's normal and natural. We have a moderation team in place and we will bringing in some additional Administrators. For now, we expect the board to self-moderate. If you see something that needs the attention of the Administration or Moderation team please use the built in REPORT POST feature.

It's not the end of the world ;)

I can't think of what "Changes" you are referring to other then the fact that we've asked (we've always asked) for our moderation team to be courteous to the membership and act like a moderator. Flaming users left and right isn't something we want the people who lead the site doing. You should lead by example.

Some moderators a long time ago did not agree with that policy and they stepped down.

Some stuck it out like Meister and Pixie -- and I can assure you, we are sad to see them go. However, they decided to leave on their own for their own reasons. Sometimes running a board like this can burn you out quick. It's a thankless job with nothing but headaches and complaints... no matter what you do someone is going to think your doing it wrong.

We are very grateful for the time and effort that Meister and Pixie put in (and the rest of the moderation team as well!) and can't thank them enough.

With that said, people come and people go. It's normal and natural. We have a moderation team in place and we will bringing in some additional Administrators. For now, we expect the board to self-moderate. If you see something that needs the attention of the Administration or Moderation team please use the built in REPORT POST feature.

This is now a place where any new liberal gets negged into oblivion and any new right wing nut is welcomed with open arms.

Way to go, guy.

:thup:

Yeap report thread has worked much better for me than trying to "bother" a mod.

They dont like to be bothered to help in me much.

Well except Care4all she is really nice

You missed the exodus of the mod room's liberals and moderates.
I did notice that when I came back - del, Care, Elvis were the ones I noticed.

EZ and Modbert too.
Ah, I forgot that.

IMO...and it's just an opinon...I believe two things are necessary for maximizing the general posting satisfaction of most posters:

1. As you said, balance of staff - for perception purposes and for balance in adjudication - both equally important, IMO.

2. And, maybe more important, the ability of EACH staff member to be able to compartmentalize themselves as a poster (emotional, opinionated, argumentative, agreeable, whatever) and as a moderator (they set aside their opinions and enforce only the known rules).

This is now a place where any new liberal gets negged into oblivion and any new right wing nut is welcomed with open arms.

Way to go, guy.

if the new liberals wouldn't be such utter dickheads, they wouldn't GET negged into oblivion.

Thank you, DanK.

I hope both Meister and Pixie Stix will come back and mix it up a little, even if they're not moderators. And I hope the board remains balanced.

Way to go, guy.

I certainly don't agree with your opinion but I must ask... who cares if you get negged? Does it change your views? Does it restrict you from posting? Do your words carry less weight?

Grow up. The forum is an ever changing, living thing. It never stays the same over the course of time. It grows and changes based on the membership. We do very little to change it's direction. We just keep it running. The membership decides how it's going to be to participate here and that's not changing.

Hey!!! I’m new here and have lots of learning to do. Was it something I’ve done have not done or will do?
Did you spank me? AVE-JOE did, and a few post I still can’t find still? And don’t know who killed them!
I don’t know what all this mean still. Sad, will miss your post, as I can't see you leaving visually for some reason?

BTW. WHO’S Pixie? And I will try to do better! And can you BLAST me a bid RED rep's? You don't need them anymore.
I look to the of joy voting here for the first time for a new Admin/Mod'er? I don't know why and feel abused.

this place just got fairer

best way for that to happen would be for you to leave.

This thread, if she can't be civil, yes, but she's a fun chew toy that I really miss when she goes on sabbatical.

This site has had WAY more righties in charge than lefties the entire time I have been here.

You want balence .....then stop being such rrule adverse clowns

A decent Mod or Admin does not allow their personal views to enter into their decision making.... which is why Pix was a great Admin. And Meister was a great Mod.... because, unlike you... they did not consider stupid ideology in their decisions... and that is why you could never mod this place. You are incapable.

I am new here, How can I get involved, I feel I can be fair and balanced at all times with no bias, as I excel in these matters.

Way to go, guy.

I certainly don't agree with your opinion but I must ask... who cares if you get negged? Does it change your views? Does it restrict you from posting? Do your words carry less weight?

Grow up. The forum is an ever changing, living thing. It never stays the same over the course of time. It grows and changes based on the membership. We do very little to change it's direction. We just keep it running. The membership decides how it's going to be to participate here and that's not changing.

Your right rep is meaningless.

Being able to actually be helped by a mod would be real nice.

Can you find us one who will actually help people who are not right wing?

This site has had WAY more righties in charge than lefties the entire time I have been here.

You want balence .....then stop being such rrule adverse clowns

A decent Mod or Admin does not allow their personal views to enter into their decision making.... which is why Pix was a great Admin. And Meister was a great Mod.... because, unlike you... they did not consider stupid ideology in their decisions... and that is why you could never mod this place. You are incapable.

I am new here, How can I get involved, I feel I can be fair and balanced at all times with no bias, as I excel in these matters.

hey like giving this guy a try

Way to go, guy.

You really are clueless, aren't you?

Way to go, guy.

You are one out of touch asshole, Dank. The way new posters are treated here is basically with a giant "Libs aren't welcome sign"

If you really want to fix the problem eliminate rep altogether and reestablish the balance of your staff that made this place great for a couple of good years.

Please stay PixieStix & Meister! We can form our own gang and go on witch-hunts. I haven't been hunting in a while so I am itching to burn something at the stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back